Jump to content
Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nicotina said:

Give an inch take a mile says tj

New proposal 1 league in scotland comprising of 

Seniors juniors amateurs  welfare bb schools 

Home and away 600 games no cups

Robertson to arrange the games as the new fixture supremo

No boundaries 

 

Won’t lie, I would be more up for the pyramid if Talbot were utterly scudding the Trossachs BB branch in freakshow mismatches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can't reveal my source, but apparently at the meeting tonight it was agreed that the West Juniors will enter at tier 5 downwards from 2021/22. It's a done deal, from what I've been told.

Unfortunately this can't be proved as someone has set fire to the Minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the closing date for wos applications we could have an election style tv show on BBC Scotland imagine the ratings guest calls from long time lurker burnieman and a phone rant from tom Johnston about wrecking the joonyors and a big map of scotland in the background showing where the new wos clubs are from :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading all the gloating on here is unreal. Whatever the outcome of the future of football at this level all I see here is a school yard full of bullies and keyboard warriors led by the biggest bully.

 

I'm sure you'll all disagree but honestly couldn't care less.

 

The amount of personal directed abuse towards one person is dreadful.

 

P&B moderators should hang their heads in shame

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Latest from Hampden tonight, Petrie is being held hostage, TJ saying that unless the WOSL is disbanded immediately he will not release anyone. Gazza has just turned up with some fishing rods.

"Rod, I'm your number one fan":

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Furthermore, I believe there have been inquiries from at least 4 EoS teams about returning to the ERJFA. 

I've heard these 4 teams will be Blackburn, Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Penicuik. None of them are happy in the EOS apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Boswelldriver said:

Reading all the gloating on here is unreal. Whatever the outcome of the future of football at this level all I see here is a school yard full of bullies and keyboard warriors led by the biggest bully.

I'm sure you'll all disagree but honestly couldn't care less.

The amount of personal directed abuse towards one person is dreadful.

P&B moderators should hang their heads in shame

 

Nah, folk are just giddy with excitement because Fauldhouse are gonny join the East of Scotland league.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's a private group - post a screenshot

Too technical maybe ask TFW that posts on here :lol: Comments so far include

"The EOS and Tayside still have fairly thriving junior clubs because they could not or did not want to leave a community comfort zone for the game and are thriving in their current environment. living in their means was a big priority for them"(Think this poster used to post on here username was something like Ayrshirerose from bonnyrigg)

"Surely this will lead to the demise of junior clubs as we know it and with some of the distances involved we could be leaving at 1pm for a midweek game"

"with no juniors there would have been no wee jinky, billy mcneill, bobby lennox, Kenny dalglish etc. "

 

 

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShrimpLok said:

Though you’ve got Peebles in the WOS there so I’m not sure constituencies are the correct building blocks...

I thought using the pre-1975 local government boundaries on his last map was eccentric, but using Westminster constituencies takes it to a whole new level.

I'm here for the agricultural parishes map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Great website about the Ayrshire Juniors history, nothing more.

Its an excellent site, love reading about the pre1970 stuff especially but some of the comments. ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marten said:

I've heard these 4 teams will be Blackburn, Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Penicuik. None of them are happy in the EOS apparently.

I am very surprised to hear these four teams wanting to leave. I know Blackburn are struggling but this is two conference winners and two runners-up looking to jump back and Bo’ness look set to win the title, possibly going to the Lowland if cards line up.
 

Is there any reason why? What were they expecting? What was different? Were they banking on going up straight away and have taken the huff at the lack of instant gratification?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VillanoXIV said:

I am very surprised to hear these four teams wanting to leave. I know Blackburn are struggling but this is two conference winners and two runners-up looking to jump back and Bo’ness look set to win the title, possibly going to the Lowland if cards line up.
 

Is there any reason why? What were they expecting? What was different? Were they banking on going up straight away and have taken the huff at the lack of instant gratification?

Image result for not sure if serious joker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marten said:

I've heard these 4 teams will be Blackburn, Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Penicuik. None of them are happy in the EOS apparently.

You're having a giraffe.

After all the effort Burnie_man has put into this 1000 page thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading all the gloating on here is unreal. Whatever the outcome of the future of football at this level all I see here is a school yard full of bullies and keyboard warriors led by the biggest bully.
 
I'm sure you'll all disagree but honestly couldn't care less.
 
The amount of personal directed abuse towards one person is dreadful.
 
P&B moderators should hang their heads in shame
 
 
 
 

Aye its not like he tried to put clubs out of business and lied to them repeatedly and misrepresented them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its past midnight, and  'the day' has arrived. We  await an SJFA announcement with interest

Edited by Robert James
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GordonS said:

I thought using the pre-1975 local government boundaries on his last map was eccentric, but using Westminster constituencies takes it to a whole new level.

I'm here for the agricultural parishes map.

Is he seriously suggesting that the South Mull clubs will never again play their traditional rivals in North Mull ?

This needs more detailed cartography work after further consultation and discussion between the relevant associations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...