Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

In a more serious note I have always expected the number to be north of 30. Many clubs have become sick fed up with the way things have been run and now and alternative is being put forward there will be a move towards it for a majority of clubs.

My expectation is, similar to what happened in the EoS situation, many late declarations will be made as clubs realise their local rivals etc are also making the move and don’t want to be left behind.

I'm sure you realise that in a system that is based on geographical leagues, each area needs to be defined.  That is why we have a HL/LL dividing line so there is no arguments, no ambiguity. 
That is why a defined line between EoS and WoS is required, it's no different, otherwise when these situations do occur - and they will - there is a plan in place to deal with it. 
New dividing line starts at longridge :)

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You understand that there needs to be something in place should it occur, that we can't have geographical leagues where the boundary isn't clearly defined?  eg HL/LL and the boundary.

It's called clubs actually applying for it and the league membership accepting that application.

Where was the boundary between the North Region and East Region? Didn't matter Montrose Roselea considered their options and applied to the North Region and it was deemed acceptable.

Say the SJFA hadn't been gutted. The West Region votes to go region wide across all four divisions. Perrenial Central Second Division side close to the Lanarkshire/Lothian boundary decides to apply to the East Region still intact with the Super-Premier-North/South Division set up. As they know they would almost always be in the South Division which would be more manageable over fairly consistent trips to Ayrshire. They could have tried that if they wanted based on the Montrose Roselea example and it probably would have come down to a vote not enforcement of a boundary.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's called clubs actually applying for it and the league membership accepting that application.

Where was the boundary between the North Region and East Region? Didn't matter Montrose Roselea considered their options and applied to the North Region and it was deemed acceptable.

Say the SJFA hadn't been gutted. The West Region votes to go region wide across all four divisions. Perrenial Central Second Division side close to the Lanarkshire/Lothian boundary decides to apply to the East Region still intact with the Super-Premier-North/South Division set up. As they know they would almost always be in the South Division which would be more manageable over fairly consistent trips to Ayrshire. They could have tried that if they wanted based on the Montrose Roselea example and it probably would have come down to a vote not enforcement of a boundary.

Not sure the North Region are worth flying a flag for here - their own East / West split saw Montrose dumped in a league with Forres Thistle etc rather than the Aberdeen sides.

18 hours ago, archieb said:

There can if one of the 3 'feeder' leagues has no members eligible for promotion (i.e. if the WoSL has no licensed clubs, as seems certain in its first season)

True, but a 16 team league should have 2 automatic relegation places anyway.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not sure the North Region are worth flying a flag for here - their own East / West split saw Montrose dumped in a league with Forres Thistle etc rather than the Aberdeen sides.

It's not about what happened after. Its about a club that had always been Tayside therefore East Region in the Super League being able to move to the North Region. Even though before that I imagine someone would say there was a boundary between the two.

12 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

In a more serious note I have always expected the number to be north of 30. Many clubs have become sick fed up with the way things have been run and now and alternative is being put forward there will be a move towards it for a majority of clubs.

Im going for a rough 50/50 split.

2 WoS leagues, 2 leagues stay Junior.

My expectation is, similar to what happened in the EoS situation, many late declarations will be made as clubs realise their local rivals etc are also making the move and don’t want to be left behind.

Hopefully they absolutely stick firmly to their closing date so that the only clubs known to have applied are the ones who publicly say so and no late applications are accepted. If teams miss the boat then tough.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I fully expect he will attempt to hold Petrie hostage.

Stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not about what happened after. Its about a club that had always been Tayside therefore East Region in the Super League being able to move to the North Region. Even though before that I imagine someone would say there was a boundary between the two.

And it is daft they are further south than Brechin Vics. I totally get why it happened but it's a quirk of Dundee being the main settlement in Angus (ex Forfarshire), with most of the Tayside Junior clubs being from the Dundee area yet it is hardly in the middle of the county and therefore the outliers are a fair way out.

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What!! There were junior clubs interested after TJ said they weren’t. I am shocked at this turn of events.

Ps tonight’s meeting will be akin to locking the stable door after the horse has bolted!!

36 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

So any forecasts on the type of rabbit TJ might try pull out the hat tonight?

A reminder of what he said in June 2018 - will he actually have have learned any lessons? https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/focus-local-football-juniors-clubs-could-not-be-convinced-283034

"We’ll learn from the situation in the east and we’ll make improvements and we’ll take it forward."

"Obviously we didn’t do enough to convince clubs to stay in the Juniors, but I don’t now what else we could have done. I went out and met the clubs and talked with them."

So you agree there needs to be rules surrounding which geographical leagues cover which areas?

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Been sitting trying to figure out a potential setup below the Highland League for the forseeable future, would this be viable? In my mind Banks O' Dee will be in the Highland League before this would happen. Also unsure if Newburgh would favour a Tayside league over the EoSFL, so did not include them.

Tier 6 – North Caledonian League (16 teams)

Tier 6 – Tayside Premier League (10 teams)

Orkney
Golspie Sutherland
Thurso
Invergordon
Inverness Athletic
Bonar Bridge
St Duthus
Halkirk Utd
Bunillidh Thistle
Bridge of Don Thistle
Montrose Roselea
Hermes
Culter
Maud
Nairn St. Ninian
Dyce Juniors

Lochee Utd
Broughty Athletic
Downfield
Dundee North End
Luncarty
Carnoustie Panmure
Forfar West End
Kirriemuir Thistle
Scone Thistle
Tayport

Tier 7 – North Caledonian First Division (12 teams)

Tier 7 – Tayside First Division (8 teams)

Colony Park
Hall Russell Utd
Aberdeen East End
Ellon Utd
Dufftown
Stonehaven
Banchory St. Ternan
Buckie Rovers
Burghead Thistle
Deveronside
Forres Thistle
Fraserburgh Utd

Arbroath Victoria
Brechin Victoria
Blairgowrie
Coupar Angus
Dundee Violet
East Craigie
Forfar Albion
Lochee Harp

Tier 8 – North Caledonian Second Division (12 teams)

Longside
Stoneywood Parkvale
Sunnybank
Aberdeen Uni
Buchanhaven Hearts
Cruden Bay
Glentanar
Islavale
New Elgin
Newmachar Utd
Spey Valley Utd
Whitehills

Right idea, but North Caley League would only be a league for the Far North.

Would look something like this:

Tier 6 – North Caledonian League (12 teams)

Tier 6 – North East Premier League (14 teams)

Orkney
Golspie Sutherland
Thurso
Invergordon
Inverness Athletic
Bonar Bridge
St Duthus
Halkirk Utd
Bunillidh Thistle
Nairn St. Ninian
Kinlochbervie
New Inverness side

(No Relegation)

Banks O'Dee
Bridge of Don Thistle
Montrose Roselea
Hermes
Culter
Maud
Hall Russell Utd
Lochee Utd
Broughty Athletic
Downfield
Dundee North End
Kirriemuir Thistle
Carnoustie Panmure
Forfar West End

Tier 7 – Grampian First Division (14 teams)

Tier 7 – Tayside First Division (10 teams)

Colony Park
Dyce Juniors
Aberdeen East End
Ellon Utd
Dufftown
Stonehaven
Banchory St. Ternan
Buckie Rovers
Burghead Thistle
Deveronside
Sunnybank
Aberdeen Uni
Forres Thistle
Fraserburgh Utd

Scone Thistle
Tayport
Arbroath Victoria
Brechin Victoria
Blairgowrie
Coupar Angus
Dundee Violet
East Craigie
Forfar Albion
Lochee Harp

Tier 8 – Grampian Second Division (10 teams)

Longside
Stoneywood Parkvale
Buchanhaven Hearts
Cruden Bay
Glentanar
Islavale
New Elgin
Newmachar Utd
Spey Valley Utd
Whitehills

Hearing that we’re over the 20 mark re expressions of interest. Going to need two (or even three) split divisions at this rate...
Good to hear.

Totally agree, it would be our equivalent to the FA Trophy. The prestige of the cup's history would be kept, and it would continue to benefit the teams that would play for it.
Agree folks what a great competition it would be

I'm hearing  there's a charity van hanging around outside Hampden tonight for all the old blazers that will be getting handed back.😁

Edited by wow-wee

20 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Right idea, but North Caley League would only be a league for the Far North.

Would look something like this:

Tier 6 – North Caledonian League (12 teams)

Tier 6 – North East Premier League (14 teams)

Orkney
Golspie Sutherland
Thurso
Invergordon
Inverness Athletic
Bonar Bridge
St Duthus
Halkirk Utd
Bunillidh Thistle
Nairn St. Ninian
Kinlochbervie
New Inverness side

(No Relegation)

Banks O'Dee
Bridge of Don Thistle
Montrose Roselea
Hermes
Culter
Maud
Hall Russell Utd
Lochee Utd
Broughty Athletic
Downfield
Dundee North End
Kirriemuir Thistle
Carnoustie Panmure
Forfar West End

Tier 7 – Grampian First Division (14 teams)

Tier 7 – Tayside First Division (10 teams)

Colony Park
Dyce Juniors
Aberdeen East End
Ellon Utd
Dufftown
Stonehaven
Banchory St. Ternan
Buckie Rovers
Burghead Thistle
Deveronside
Sunnybank
Aberdeen Uni
Forres Thistle
Fraserburgh Utd

Scone Thistle
Tayport
Arbroath Victoria
Brechin Victoria
Blairgowrie
Coupar Angus
Dundee Violet
East Craigie
Forfar Albion
Lochee Harp

Tier 8 – Grampian Second Division (10 teams)

Longside
Stoneywood Parkvale
Buchanhaven Hearts
Cruden Bay
Glentanar
Islavale
New Elgin
Newmachar Utd
Spey Valley Utd
Whitehills

As I said earlier unless they change the dividing line Tayport can't be in a Tayside/North East feeder. 

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So you agree there needs to be rules surrounding which geographical leagues cover which areas?

I never said that. I've heard people over the years saying there was some sort of boundary between the 3 Regions in the SJFA. As far as i'm aware that was never actually written anywhere. So when Montrose Roselea asked those that in charge of these things had a decision to make.

This is no different there is not boundary between the EoSFL, SoSFL, and prospective WoSFL other than the HL/LL boundary. So if a club wants to apply to a certain league let them, they're not carried of anything and it's down to the decision makers.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I never said that. I've heard people over the years saying there was some sort of boundary between the 3 Regions in the SJFA. As far as i'm aware that was never actually written anywhere. So when Montrose Roselea asked those that in charge of these things had a decision to make.

This is no different there is not boundary between the EoSFL, SoSFL, and prospective WoSFL other than the HL/LL boundary. So if a club wants to apply to a certain league let them, they're not carried of anything and it's down to the decision makers.

Ah OK, so a free for all with no definitive border?