Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Football CFB Podcast (Callum McFadden) v Sunday Mail (Gordon Parks)

https://cfbfootball.com/2020/02/16/the-football-cfb-view-pyramid-restructuring-is-long-overdue-could-we-now-see-the-return-of-the-bankies/

Who do you believe? In my opinion Parksie needs to take a long hard look at himself coming up with such trash.

Callum's article is well worth a listen

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

I know that. You know that. But the clubs arranging EGMs to decide don't know that.

A lot of the junior club's officials/fans still wrongly believe that clubs need an SFA licence in order that they can enter the Pyramid at Tier 6.  An SFA licence is ONLY required at Tier 5, or above at SPFL level.

Or are the Junior club's deliberately promoting this lie, in order to dissuade other clubs from applying to join the WoS  ?   Surely not !

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

Albion Rovers manager Darren Young says the club's pay-what-you-can season ticket offer last season was "catastrophically bad" for the club's finances, with fans paying just £27 on average for blanket access to all home games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33562810

Bang on £1.50 per game.....

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Caskie said:

Absolutely not , questioned and Released with no charges to answer to the fabrication !! 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Our fans would miss the lovely welcome and free baseball bat massages.

Your such a drama queen?

9 hours ago, southerner said:

Pricing in the professional game is another issue, £20 to watch championship level football is far to excessive for the standard you are watching.

Agreed and I'll be honest, L2 holds less appeal to me than the LL. Not that it matters to Linlithgow Rose for now, but ten years ago we would have been good enough to win a tier 5 league and hopefully we will be again. There's a bit more travel, prices are near-enough double (which IMO is way too much for part-time football) and you play each other 4 times a season.

If i wanted to support a league club, I would be supporting a league club.

Prices are really important here. £20 might be decent value for Championship football, but it's more than I'm prepared to pay to watch football most Saturday afternoons. If my club charged that I'd only go to the big games and the rest of the time I'd go and watch teams that charge less. But - and it's the critical point - clubs can charge as little as they want. If a club wants to charge less and pay players less than other teams in its league, it'll soon find itself relegated and playing at the appropriate level. And that's fine.

It's not an argument to hide in a wee bubble. 

8 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Totally agree, I think for some clubs who are on the fence they could be swayed but I think any clubs (i.e Buffs & Bankies) they can see through all the bluster of the statements and know what they want to do. It’s the same as it was in the East if clubs don’t come now then they will be left having to apply to enter a league lower than they would expect.

Probably not one league lower down - it'll likely be two. The EOS took everyone in at tier 6, but anyone applying for next season will probably come in at tier 8. For most that'll be fine, it's pretty much their level but for the likes of Bathgate it'll be lower than where they could have been.

Clubs in the west should be wary of missing the bus - if enough make the switch this season then those who wait a year could easily come in 3 leagues lower.

3 hours ago, AT4EVA said:
10 hours ago, energyzone said:

You thumped top of the table Kilwinning 6-1 a few weeks ago.

Never a 6 1 game, 1 each after 60 mins, they had a man sent off at 2 1. Score flattered Talbot.. kilwinning would beat Kelty.

Kilwinning who got knocked out of the Junior Cup by Bridge of Don? Who got humped 3-0 two seasons ago  by a Bo'ness side that finished 8th in the East Superleague?

Yeah, they don't get to hang on Talbot's coat-tails.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Also important to say that it's no longer a choice between going senior and the status quo. A WOSL will happen next season and clubs are going to leave the West Juniors for it. The status quo isn't going to exist much longer.

One argument against a WoSL would be the uncertainty of it - however this could apply to the WRJFA next year as well. Especially as the main argument for staying is the Junior Cup and it could lose another 10 clubs from the East Region regardless of how many leave from the West. It's going to be a weird 6 weeks.