Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, southerner said:

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

That has been disproved time and again.

I was meaning if the ones that want to go to a wosfl are swayed in some way TJ stay as part if the juniors and enter later with the sjfa. There is a far greater importance for clubs to have the choice to join a wosfl. Let those that want to remain junior do so, let those move who want to move. Dont jump in all as a one or try and sway others to stay or move.

Totally agree, I think for some clubs who are on the fence they could be swayed but I think any clubs (i.e Buffs & Bankies) they can see through all the bluster of the statements and know what they want to do. It’s the same as it was in the East if clubs don’t come now then they will be left having to apply to enter a league lower than they would expect.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Weve worked hard and played better to become the big fish, isnt that the object of playing football.

But all non-league clubs in Scotland are regarded as minnows by the SPFL supporters - even when their SPFL clubs get turned over by  them in one-off matches.

Lots of non-league club supporters honestly don't believe or accept that "their" club isn't just as good or better than many SPFL clubs. However, there is only one way to prove that they were right after-all. Yes. It is a risky business to take the promotions which are, seemingly, there for the taking but that's the choice of each club, subject to the infrastructure, means, etc.

You have to take part in the Pyramid in order to have these options and they are why the Pyramid is there in the first place. 

Locally I can pay £5 to watch EoS first division,  £6 for EoS premier. £7 for LL  £13 for league 2. £16 for league 1 and £20 for championship.   The pricing increases seem about right apart from maybe LL to league 2 but think that gap will get smaller  with more movement between those leagues. There are a couple of clubs who charge £10 in that league and i think that will become more normal.

5 hours ago, AT4EVA said:

Not sure regarding the 'Big Fish' comparison. The population of Auchinleck is substantially smaller than many surrounding towns. Talbot achievements are not down to weight of numbers or financial backing like a Celtic or Rangers. It down to being a well run club, with a connection to the community that many people do not understand.

As for getting hammered, I've seen Talbot dismantle Camelon , Dundonald and high flying Kelty at their own ground. Quite frankly thought standard was poor. Why would we move to an inferior standard.

Keep chasing your dreams and trying to turn your clubs into something their infrastructure or support can't match.

You didnt dismantle us if we hadn't showed you the respect we did in first half we could have beat you. Their wasnt any decent football from talbot itvwas just a gritty performance 

Talbot are entirely welcome to keep charging 2 bob for their games whichever league they're in. Away games will get more expensive and further to travel to if you make it the SPFL but the majority of games are still in central Scotland and very easy to get to.

And as has been mentioned, you'll be at least a couple of years away from that. Funny how it's mainly Talbot fans who have a big problem with prices and distances. Didn't seem to bother the east juniors too much. They're a weird bunch.

Edited by Gordon EF

I could have played in goal for Talbot against Camelon
Cant remember Camelon creating anything [emoji848]

You didnt dismantle us if we hadn't showed you the respect we did in first half we could have beat you. Their wasnt any decent football from talbot itvwas just a gritty performance 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

One of the Auchinleck posters on here claimed they take on average upwards of 300 to every away league game yet the attendances quoted on here for the last three away league games were 400,310 and 250.

50 stayed in the pub for that match.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

I reckon Talbot should trail the cutting admission by 50% strategy first and report back.

54 minutes ago, Jeek said:

Is there any hard evidence that lower prices increase attendances? Other than one offs (in for a pound etc)?

Surely form, importance of the game, weather, time of year, etc are bigger factors?

Most clubs could let people in for nothing and crowds wouldn't increase significantly long term.