Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, AT4EVA said:

Not sure regarding the 'Big Fish' comparison. The population of Auchinleck is substantially smaller than many surrounding towns. Talbot achievements are not down to weight of numbers or financial backing like a Celtic or Rangers. It down to being a well run club, with a connection to the community that many people do not understand.

As for getting hammered, I've seen Talbot dismantle Camelon , Dundonald and high flying Kelty at their own ground. Quite frankly thought standard was poor. Why would we move to an inferior standard.

Keep chasing your dreams and trying to turn your clubs into something their infrastructure or support can't match.

Relative to yourselves, all west juniors are inferior using your logic.

3 minutes ago, southerner said:

Probably you get a better standard of player at the top clubs as opposed the League 2 as they are playing for cups that means something to communities on a regular basis. That eye on the prize which gives a real sense of passion and fight for the jersey. That’s what the juniors is all about for me anyway.

I do know what you mean and there are some exceptions to the rule but football is hierarchical and the reason for players and teams being at different levels is commitment, ability and resources.

Guest Moomintroll

Not sure regarding the 'Big Fish' comparison. The population of Auchinleck is substantially smaller than many surrounding towns. Talbot achievements are not down to weight of numbers or financial backing like a Celtic or Rangers. It down to being a well run club, with a connection to the community that many people do not understand.

As for getting hammered, I've seen Talbot dismantle Camelon , Dundonald and high flying Kelty at their own ground. Quite frankly thought standard was poor. Why would we move to an inferior standard.

Keep chasing your dreams and trying to turn your clubs into something their infrastructure or support can't match.

My club has been doing rather well, (well almost), in the top division for the last 30 odd years, moving to the Pyramid would not be moving to an Inferior standard. Given the infrastructure & support that is in place, I believe that Tucker could get Talbot into League 1 of the Seniors & would be fully supportive of us loaning out our best youth prospects to them or Darvel to gain vital experience.

11 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

I think Talbot will move out of junior fitba eventually, its inevitable. Once other clubs start to leave Talbot will have no option but to follow suit if it doesn't happen this year it will be next year. Just my opinion. I think the wosl could be a good league and a non league Scottish cup could be a great competition.

And surely, the erection of floodlights at Beechwood Park this summer, suggests that this excellent club is already looking to the future ?

Every club in the world is special to their fans who support them how big or small for me talbot are just another club who we play not buying into this we do things differently that no other club does they are simply a well run club who have a good manager and the level they are playing at they have out grown. But the problem the fans have when in a pyramid they know they will get promoted at the first time of asking and the local derbies that they have been playing will no longer happen unless the rival teams get promoted with them but that's unlikely to happen soon because talbot are so far in front of their local rivals they won't be promoted but this is the talbot fans slagging  their rivals cumnock that they no longer see them as a rival team? So what will happen is talbot will be in the big pond and find their true level won't win every week may end up in a league fighting relegation every season and that's what football is all about finding your own level and it's clear talbot have out grown the level so they are at . The run the buffs are on at the moment is great it should be the form of champions but it's not going to be because talbot will continue to win in a league they have now grown to big for.

And if the clubs wish to remain faithful to the sjfa and their "grade' so be it. That is their choice. Good luck to them, but don't hold back those that want to join the pyramid. This is the exact reason a wos is imperative, it is the only option that allows everyone to make their choice and get what they want, individually, as a club.

Who is holding anyone back? No club as far as I know have done so.

I think Talbot will move out of junior fitba eventually, its inevitable. Once other clubs start to leave Talbot will have no option but to follow suit if it doesn't happen this year it will be next year. Just my opinion. I think the wosl could be a good league and a non league Scottish cup could be a great competition.
They might find that next year would see them at tier 7 or 8.

Does that not say more about the standard of the League that they have moved into if one of the worst teams in the West Region can be challenging at the top of the EOS League [emoji848]
Erm, no. Come on. We have 2 players remaining from their final season as a junior club. New management and an entirely new team built over two seasons.

We've turned down offers from West Super Premier and first teams for our players this season already, with plenty of other teams from those league's coming to watch (yes, we know you're there [emoji846]).

How many of Dunipace current squad do you think would be there at the bottom of West League 2? The answer is realistically zero.

Do you really think the Dunipace team of two years ago who finished second bottom could be challenging at the top of a league or have been one of only two teams to shut out Bonnyrigg in the last 18 months, for example?

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:
27 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

They might find that next year would see them at tier 7 or 8.

I think that's where the Junior League will end up so even if they stay they'll be at Tier 7 or 8.

The Lowland League have a problem with the WR as a feeder but the same won't apply with a WoSL. This is how I see things panning out. I don't for one minute think Talbot will remain if they see a few clubs leaving.

I think that's where the Junior League will end up so even if they stay they'll be at Tier 7 or 8.
The Lowland League have a problem with the WR as a feeder but the same won't apply with a WoSL. This is how I see things panning out. I don't for one minute think Talbot will remain if they see a few clubs leaving.

Unlikely what's left of the West Region will hook up with the WoSFL, the WoSFL will continue to expand as and when clubs apply to join. No different from what is happening in the east.

In the final analysis, what is "The Juniors"?

It's an amalgam of the clubs and the people who run them. Nothing more. The whole Junior exceptionalism thing is mumbo-jumbo which no-one can ever really give a coherent definition of when pressed.

If they moved, those clubs and people won't somehow change for either better or worse...the only thing that will is the governing body which they play under who are only the facilitators in any case.

Arthurlie......[emoji85]

Please feel free to disregard all the other information in my previous post.[emoji3]

No club is holding anyone else back at this point but there are those that dont want a wosfl and will openly chastise any club that moves. These clubs who are wishing to stick by the sjfa could delay others if they choose not to move. If they all choose to do this, and it means everyone else doesn't move then it will by virtue hold others back.

A completely new wosfl, which we currently have, gives everyone the best of both worlds.

Yes I think within a couple of seasons there will be a fully formed WOSL with Talbot included
As I said, the WoSFL looks very likely to be starting this summer at tier 6, and if Talbot or any other club choose not to join it and then decide a year later that they should have, they will likely find themselves at tier 7 or even 8.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
13 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
Yes I think within a couple of seasons there will be a fully formed WOSL with Talbot included

As I said, the WoSFL looks very likely to be starting this summer at tier 6, and if Talbot or any other club choose not to join it and then decide a year later that they should have, they will likely find themselves at tier 7 or even 8.

Depends who stays and who goes. If a few big West teams stay, such as Talbot, but the WoSFL proves itself to be working after a season then using the conferences method would be a way of facilitating the movement of the rump over. Would certainly be more enticing that starting at the bottom below a bunch of ex amateurs.

Dunno if I would want to take that gamble if I was Talbot and, also, possibly miss my best chance to reach the LL at the first attempt which moving over this season would certainly give them. 

You thumped top of the table Kilwinning 6-1 a few weeks ago.

Most comments suggest Talbot have outgrown the juniors, and within a few years probably could reach league two, for me thats when the problems  begin.I myself would have to stop watching Talbot playing away games, due to the increase in travel costs, ticket price and the sheer amount of travel north to teams in that league.We would lose the mantra of being the best junior club in Scotland, the history of all the junior cup wins would become a footnote that doesnt matter anymore and so  on.Change is coming, but im sure if supporters of other junior teams that advocate the pyramid had the success similar to Talbots, would like to hold on to it as long as possible.

9 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Most comments suggest Talbot have outgrown the juniors, and within a few years probably could reach league two, for me thats when the problems  begin.I myself would have to stop watching Talbot playing away games, due to the increase in travel costs, ticket price and the sheer amount of travel north to teams in that league.We would lose the mantra of being the best junior club in Scotland, the history of all the junior cup wins would become a footnote that doesnt matter anymore and so  on.Change is coming, but im sure if supporters of other junior teams that advocate the pyramid had the success similar to Talbots, would like to hold on to it as long as possible.

In LL first though! The rest comes later.

To be honest, you're basically saying - I like being the P7 bully and don't want to be the S1 getting bog-flushed by the big senior boys.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Brechin are bottom of League Two. If Talbot replaced then you would have two trips to Aberdeen, two to Elgin and two to Fife. Every other game would either be a team in West region territory (Annan) or in the Central belt.