Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Yeah sure that's part of it.

Poor recruitment but crowds were down in the conference league.

Look I'm not EoS bashing here, that wasn't my point. The set up is excellent and it's the right thing to do. My point was it hasnt been easy but it will get better. Bo'ness had a similar experience last year and have pushed on this year.

Probably drawing at home to Ormiston last season and bottling it at Broxburn to miss-out on the Play-off was the start of it.....

9 minutes ago, kilwinkie said:

All

I would confirm that the SJFA Management Committee met last night to discuss the ongoing situation around the SFA’s Pyramid Plan. Our continual aim is to meet the mandate given by our member clubs & deliver the pyramid pathway, we are confident this can be achieved.

We plan to open & re-engage with all parties through more positive dialogue in order to reach an amicable solution that meets the demands of everyone. That process has already started.  We hope our alternative approach allows each association to meet their objectives, we firmly believe through positive and constructive dialogue this can be achieved.

We would like to put on record our thanks to SFA President Rod Petrie for his input as we strive to reach an amical conclusion for the benefit of Scottish Football.

Would one of those parties be the Lowland League by any chance?

You know, the one that's had enough of the dithering over the past two years and has gone ahead (with the EoSL) to set up a WoSL.

29 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I know my subject better than most.

You think finishing 2nd by 4 points to Bonnyrigg in 17/18 is toiling?

We finished in the top 3 in 4 of our last five seasons in the Super League. That isn't toiling.

Being 8th in the EoS Premier is toiling!

2016-17 finished 9th in the Super League. Last year and this year has been considered poor. Isn't 2017-18 now the exception in the four years?

2016-17 finished 9th in the Super League. Last year and this year has been considered poor. Isn't 2017-18 now the exception in the four years?

Number of poor decisions regarding managers and poor decisions from
Managers regarding players. Was happening well before the EoS involvement

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Would one of those parties be the Lowland League by any chance?

You know, the one that's had enough of the dithering over the past two years and has gone ahead (with the EoSL) to set up a WoSL.

The LL and EoS who rejected the West Region "option W"?

Also, what is this "alternative approach" he speaks of given his mandate is "all-in or none in",  if the mandate needs amended he needs an EGM, or is he playing it fast and loose out of desperation?

Edited by Burnie_man

22 minutes ago, kilwinkie said:

in order to reach an amicable solution that meets the demands of everyone.

Demand of the EOS: no East Region in the pyramid

Demand of the SJFA: we want the East Region in the pyramid at tier 6

What kind of amicable solution is there which can meet the demands of everyone?

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Demand of the EOS: no East Region in the pyramid

Demand of the SJFA: we want the East Region in the pyramid at tier 6

What kind of amicable solution is there which can meet the demand of everyone?

Demand of the LL:  No Junior FA involvement in the Pyramid.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Also, what is this "alternative approach" he speaks of given his mandate is "all-in or none in",  if the mandate needs amended he needs an EGM, or is he playing it fast and loose out of desperation?

Where was the rejection of Option W? (Unless they were objecting to everything). Only one club was in favour of Option W anyway, the rest went with what the Management Committee recommended.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Where was the rejection of Option W? (Unless they were objecting to everything). Only one club was in favour of Option W anyway, the rest went with what the Management Committee recommended.

The LL rejected all four proposals and instead submitted their own (WoSFL) which was rejected by the SJFA.  At that point the PWG disbanded and the LL and EoS pushed on with WoSFL.

The mandate that TAJ keeps referring to is the Junior structure entering the Pyramid intact, which as we already know is undeliverable.  To change that, he needs an SJFA EGM.

Not that the LL are going to backtrack anyway.

Edited by Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I wouldn't say so, we've a lot of games in hand this year and are improving.

Improving, maybe. 8 teams ahead of you, only 3 have played have more games. So there's 5 ahead of you with Jeanfield having a game in hand.

For those that you have the games in hand advantage. If you won the 2 games in hand compared to Camelon & Tranent you'd still be behind both. Bo'ness are clear of everyone just now.

Yes I can read a league. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Improving, maybe. 8 teams ahead of you, only 3 have played have more games. So there's 5 ahead of you with Jeanfield having a game in hand.
For those that you have the games in hand advantage. If you won the 2 games in hand compared to Camelon & Tranent you'd still be behind both. Bo'ness are clear of everyone just now.

5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The management committee recommending option Z was the end of the last hope of an orderly solution for the west, and the point at which I started supporting the idea of a WoSFL (until then I wanted the WRJFA in the pyramid as a whole, although I realise there were plenty of others who already saw a WoSFL as the only solution at a much earlier stage). Recommending an option that had absolutely no chance of being accepted and the management committee telling clubs the lie that the LL agreed with it made it absolutely clear there was no intention of resolving the impasse on the side of the SJFA. No wonder that the LL had enough.

I still find it a shame that there is now no orderly change in the west but it has to be done via an exodus like what happened in the east. Then to think the SJFA could easily have controlled the entire pyramid from tier 6 down if they would have played it well...

Is it possible that the SJFA have had their bluff called by the other parties to the PWG, have now realised that if they hold to their line they will lose many members from the West, and will give up on their demands about the east etc? They might realise that the best they can get is the WRJFA feeding into the LL from tier 6, plus including new members somewhere, and take that as the only compromise that will continue their existence? 

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is it possible that the SJFA have had their bluff called by the other parties to the PWG, have now realised that if they hold to their line they will lose many members from the West, and will give up on their demands about the east etc? They might realise that the best they can get is the WRJFA feeding into the LL from tier 6, plus including new members somewhere, and take that as the only compromise that will continue their existence? 

That option has gone now as well (if it ever existed). The Juniors will not get into the Pyramid. They want the Juniors clubs, they don't want the Junior FA.

Perhaps his alternative approach is regarding the way they will hold discussions with relevant parties?

He can still deliver an ‘all in’ approach of sorts by negotiating that all WR teams joins the new WoSL and the East join the EoS en mass with those above the Tay and North being tier 6 for HL.

It won’t be administered by he and his cronies but he’d perhaps get a pat on the back and a wee bit more settlement if he does

Out of curiosity has Petrie or any other SFA blazer met with the LL/EOS since the intitial WOSL announcement?

Him and George Fraser would have been in the same board room at the indodrill on Sunday - obviously not an official meeting but I don’t imagine they would have chatted about the unmasking of Denise van outen the night before