Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing nothing happened at the meeting last night.

^^^and given one of the people who would have been there is from Clydebank there's a good chance Clydebank supporters would be among the first to find this out.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Imagine being a Linlithgow fan and actually believing its been detrimental to the club in moving.

Holy cow - why do you think staying and playing the likes of Bathgate and Luncarty 4 times a season would be an improvement over where you find yourselves now? 

He doesn’t speak for any Rose fan I know.

Is that Record-speak for "traitors to the grade" and "horrible, vile clubs"?
I would say they are no traitors just a group of clubs fed up with current situation If others wish to follow on it's fine but these clubs that have spoken out about a move should be applauded not criticised .

27 minutes ago, crfc said:
2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would say they are no traitors just a group of clubs fed up with current situation If others wish to follow on it's fine but these clubs that have spoken out about a move should be applauded not criticised .

agree.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I've heard Clydebank, Darvel and Kilwinning called many things but NEVER "Junior heavyweights".................

40 minutes ago, crfc said:

12 minutes ago, drumbeg geordie said:

agree.

Image result for mick mccarthy gif

That isn't what I meant.

I mean short term it's been detrimental, I believe long term it'll work out.

Imagine being a Linlithgow fan and actually believing its been detrimental to the club in moving.
Holy cow - why do you think staying and playing the likes of Bathgate and Luncarty 4 times a season would be an improvement over where you find yourselves now? 

I know my subject better than most.

You think finishing 2nd by 4 points to Bonnyrigg in 17/18 is toiling?

We finished in the top 3 in 4 of our last five seasons in the Super League. That isn't toiling.

Being 8th in the EoS Premier is toiling!

Yep. Lithgae were toiling big time ( relative for what they are used to) while still in the juniors. It’s not the move to the EoS that brought this about- although the move has seen other clubs become more progressive on the field while the Rose have regressed

8 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I know my subject better than most.

You think finishing 2nd by 4 points to Bonnyrigg in 17/18 is toiling?

We finished in the top 3 in 4 of our last five seasons in the Super League. That isn't toiling.

Being 8th in the EoS Premier is toiling!

But surely you havent fallen behind teams just because you're playing in a league with a different name. What else has gone wrong?

1 minute ago, never been to scotland said:

But surely you havent fallen behind teams just because you're playing in a league with a different name. What else has gone wrong?

Probably drawing at home to Ormiston last season and bottling it at Broxburn to miss-out on the Play-off was the start of it.....

All

I would confirm that the SJFA Management Committee met last night to discuss the ongoing situation around the SFA’s Pyramid Plan. Our continual aim is to meet the mandate given by our member clubs & deliver the pyramid pathway, we are confident this can be achieved.

We plan to open & re-engage with all parties through more positive dialogue in order to reach an amicable solution that meets the demands of everyone. That process has already started.  We hope our alternative approach allows each association to meet their objectives, we firmly believe through positive and constructive dialogue this can be achieved.

We would like to put on record our thanks to SFA President Rod Petrie for his input as we strive to reach an amical conclusion for the benefit of Scottish Football.

1 minute ago, kilwinkie said:

All

I would confirm that the SJFA Management Committee met last night to discuss the ongoing situation around the SFA’s Pyramid Plan. Our continual aim is to meet the mandate given by our member clubs & deliver the pyramid pathway, we are confident this can be achieved.

We plan to open & re-engage with all parties through more positive dialogue in order to reach an amicable solution that meets the demands of everyone. That process has already started.  We hope our alternative approach allows each association to meet their objectives, we firmly believe through positive and constructive dialogue this can be achieved.

We would like to put on record our thanks to SFA President Rod Petrie for his input as we strive to reach an amical conclusion for the benefit of Scottish Football.

In other words: "I know we've done nothing useful, but please stick with us anyway"...

8 hours ago, nicotina said:

Fauldhouse have found a loophole to join the league at teir 1

They are entering a womens team 

They can enter straight away

Discrimination against them otherwise

Gender realignment sounds painful says connolly

But u have to give it ur best shot

(Which he would likely have dropped)

Women, men or gender fluid makes nae odds, Fauldhouse is till in West lothian !

4 minutes ago, kilwinkie said:

All

Dear Tom, 

Too late. Way way too late  (and you are still sticking to a failed mandate)

Regards,

LL and EoS

(WoS application form attached for distribution)

Edited by Burnie_man