Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

Talbot were told that when they tried to get licensed a few years ago.

I understand and that is ok for Talbot as they are close to the boundary but I believe Clydebank were given the option of either (I could be wrong)

Anyway doesn’t really matter as Ginaro’s point is speculative as we don’t know what the future holds in regards to this. I had just wondered if something had changed and I had missed it (and it hasn’t).

I agree with a poster above, we should be prepared from some sort of announcement after Thursdays management meeting with one or more of the following;

1. Done deal
2. EOS/LL poaching clubs
3. PWG to meet again in the future
4. SOSFL are going to block a WOSFL

Finished with a Churchillian rallying of the clubs to stick together.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

A north agreement is believed to be close, as is one with the NCL.

But unless the SJFA/TJ  officially drops his "all in" approach for the remaining ERJFA clubs, there can be no agreement, and the 'stand-off' will continue, year on year.

The leading West clubs won't accept another year where they are NOT in the pyramid.

The West clubs who don't wish to join the pyramid, can stay as they are, with a limited restructuring. Or they could (either now or later), become a junior  'feeder' league to the senior West (pyramid) League.   

It appears that the north juniors are acting independently of the rest of the JFA. Is that the case Robert? If im not mistaken they historically seem to be a bit detached from the rest - the fact their teams joined the HL without any drama in the past, the geographical distance, and also the fact that they are very much second fiddle in their area to a senior league.

But if the north can go their own way, the east juniors can do the same, at least the south of the tay clubs, by joining the EOS.

59 minutes ago, TheLad said:

The TJ statement is quite sad.
It's the (poorly chosen) words of a man desperate to keep his job. Probably his last meaningful job.

He wants everyone across but only under his empire.

If he truly cared about the clubs within west, he would be doing all he could do facilitate this.

He could actually have a legacy as the man who facilitated the full modernisation of Scottish football.

Instead he may be seen as the man who grasped onto what he could, letting teams slip through a bit at a time, while stunting the natural progression of all involved.

The path is clear, undeniable and fair play to those showing a loyalty to an organisation that has served them well.

TJ, if you love them, set them free!

Scottish football is too small to have arguing wee factions. All in, under the one structure, is the only way.

The clubs will still have the same history, same memories, same trophies in the cabinet, just a new chapter, with no limits.

Best post of the week. 100% on the nose.

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

The TJ statement is quite sad.
It's the (poorly chosen) words of a man desperate to keep his job. Probably his last meaningful job.

He wants everyone across but only under his empire.

If he truly cared about the clubs within west, he would be doing all he could do facilitate this.

He could actually have a legacy as the man who facilitated the full modernisation of Scottish football.

Instead he may be seen as the man who grasped onto what he could, letting teams slip through a bit at a time, while stunting the natural progression of all involved.

The path is clear, undeniable and fair play to those showing a loyalty to an organisation that has served them well.

TJ, if you love them, set them free!

Scottish football is too small to have arguing wee factions. All in, under the one structure, is the only way.

The clubs will still have the same history, same memories, same trophies in the cabinet, just a new chapter, with no limits.

Oh, I dunno...

Image result for lollipop man

22 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Oh, I dunno...

Image result for lollipop man

"Where's your younger brother and sister, sonny? We aren't crossing this road until they are here! Juniors must stick together. Solidarity!"

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

A LL source.

More than enough licenced clubs already. Makes the application that much easier as you'd be looking for 16 out 20+ and as they're mainly based in the EoS it's easy to base on league standings.

SoSFL vs.EoS First is still advantage EoS but isn't as dramatic. 

Can totally understand them going that route for a LL2. Thankfully they've got a WOSFL on the agenda first though.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

More than enough licenced clubs already. Makes the application that much easier as you'd be looking for 16 out 20+ and as they're mainly based in the EoS it's easy to base on league standings.

SoSFL vs.EoS First is still advantage EoS but isn't as dramatic. 

Can totally understand them going that route for a LL2. Thankfully they've got a WOSFL on the agenda first though.

I really dont see the point in a LL2 other than to keep the uni teams and vale of leithen at an artificially high level. 

On 31/01/2020 at 22:00, djorkiev said:

Think a lot of people have forgot the most important factor during all these discussions, THE FANS! speaking to many west region premiership fans over the last two seasons,  they are almost unanimous in their judgement of our standard v present lowland league, most agree a bit like the tail wagging the dog if we had to feed into this league, most top juniors would more than hold their own in the lowland league.

There are a lot of attractive fixtures for west junior fans geographically, local derbies, and glasgow v ayrshire, we already have a good product, top league and some championship attendances, are more than a match as well, don't get the big push for this, wouldn't cross the road to watch buffs v  nithsdale at tier 7 if we were to amalgamate, or v Dalbeattie star at tier 6, sorry not for me, by the time any team achieved SPL2 via the present set up we would be bored to deathwhat

So if tj persuades rod that it’s a mistake and not to back what the ll is doing. The outcome for the west clubs is another year outside the pyramid. That’s the reality folks don’t see an upside for the clubs in current scenario. 

18 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

So if tj persuades rod that it’s a mistake and not to back what the ll is doing. The outcome for the west clubs is another year outside the pyramid. That’s the reality folks don’t see an upside for the clubs in current scenario. 

It's gone too far for that to happen.

28 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Fauldhouse have announced an 'urgent' committee meeting for 14/2. Wonder how much love is in the air!?

@Spyro : It's time 😎.
Was JC all for jumping last year but the committee were for staying?

6 minutes ago, jc1 said:

We as a club now need to look at the possibilities west or east

You shouldn't be going west to jump the queue. Your in the east you should go their whether its tier 7 or 8. You shouldn't get to bypass things because yous didnt have the nerve to do it before and I like fauldhouse 

9 minutes ago, jc1 said:

The EoS and LL reps would be your best bet I'd imagine. Kilwinning seem prominent in this too.

8 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Think parkcircus is the best poster to contact to get the lowdown on what's happening in the west.

11 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Looking for someone to private message me for some advice please

Cannae have  W.C. going west, he'll get lost. :(

As I said we are trying to get as much info as possible and see what ALL our options are