Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Is it drumchapel ams that have confirmed interest? Wonder where they would play their games?

Apologies if been covered but there’s literally hundreds of new posts every time I come into this thread!

Didn't see where it came from but the name being bandied about is Drumchapel United PYM, the merger of Drumchapel Utd and Possil YM in 2018. Not Drumchapel Ams. DUPYM play out of Donald Dewar Sports Centre.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

To get the teams to their level quicker.

At the minute it's ridiculous.

Cove and Edinburgh top of League 2.

Berwick 12th in LL.

Bonnyrigg and Kelty top of LL.

Whitehill bottom of EoS.

This isn't competitive and the sooner that equalises the better the competition.

Caley Braves Reserves should not be thrown in a League with Auchinleck imo and there's a chance here to facilitate an En Mass West Juniors without even needing to do anything. If they manage that it'll retain support for all clubs and then some.

It wont happen.  It's a new league and everyone will join as equals.   If there are absolutely no applications from outwith the WRJFA then you may have a point, but if there are a number on non-Junior members then they have every right to be treated equally. 

I'm told Reserve sides wont be accepted.

Is it drumchapel ams that have confirmed interest? Wonder where they would play their games?

Apologies if been covered but there’s literally hundreds of new posts every time I come into this thread!
Drumchapel United PYM. Different club from Drumchapel Amateurs.

2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Caley Braves Reserves should not be thrown in a League with Auchinleck imo and there's a chance here to facilitate an En Mass West Juniors without even needing to do anything. If they manage that it'll retain support for all clubs and then some.

There's no way a single Junior team should be placed ahead of Bonnyton if they want to go to the WoS. They've been part of the pyramid for a while and doing well at tier 6. They shouldn't be thrown down a tier just because the Juniors, a decade too late, have realised their mistake

We only had that because there was a belief that we were merging two similar leagues.

Ie LTHV were the same level as Bonnyrigg.

As it transpired not one EoS side finished in the top 5 to form the Premier League which colluded what we knew that the Junior sides were a higher level than the EoS.

This is far easier as there are no leagues to merge, there's an easy seeding available and a track record in the Scottish cup to prove it.

Surely if this was to happen en masse they would have to do what the East Juniors into the EoS and have conferences then form the new leagues based on their positions in the conferences?

Just now, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

We only had that because there was a belief that we were merging two similar leagues.

Ie LTHV were the same level as Bonnyrigg.

As it transpired not one EoS side finished in the top 5 to form the Premier League which colluded what we knew that the Junior sides were a higher level than the EoS.

This is far easier as there are no leagues to merge, there's an easy seeding available and a track record in the Scottish cup to prove it.

Any notion of EoS = East Juniors evaporated when the LL formed and took all their best teams.

Thats the sensible way to do it. The LL should be biting the hand off to get the top West Juniors in their league and opening up two or even three relegation places (maybe in a playoff format for the third). What a league that will be in ten years.

It wont happen.  It's a new league and everyone will join as equals.   If there are absolutely no applications from outwith the WRJFA then you may have a point, but if there are a number on non-Junior members then they have every right to be treated equally. 
I'm told Reserve sides wont be accepted.

Luncarty, Fauldhouse, and others........

I am sure to get grief (probably from everyone) about this post, but here goes  :-

In the English pyramid, all non league clubs have a right of appeal if they are not satisfied with the allocation or reallocation of the league in which they will be placed for the following season. Most seasons generate a very small number appeals, but they do arise. These appeals are submitted to, and heard by the English FA, whose decision is final.

In doing so, the EFA considers the club's case and the views of the leagues concerned. These appeals can, and  do, take into account location, travel problems (eg the Dartford tunnel), and also any claims which the club has submitted  regarding the loss of traditional rivalries on the football field. Some appeals are lost, whilst a few others are upheld.

Scotland isn't England, but the SFA is the parent body, and could be given this role/power, if (say) the EoSL and the new WoSL both wanted to grant membership to the same club, or the club had 'grounds'  (sorry no pun intended)  that it had been wrongly allocated (as above).    .     

Obviously teams that move to the new WOSL won't be able to compete in the junior Scottish cup, so should there be a Scottish cup created for all the non league teams ? Or should they rename the junior Scottish and allow non league teams and junior teams compete for it?
Theres a direct replacement of sorts in the South Challenge Cup. Obviously nae HL teams but they scrapped the North Challenge Cup after two seasons. In time I'd foresee a cup for all senior non-league teams akin to the FA Trophy.

There is one for the whole LL region but I agree.

I'd love to see the Junior Cup coming across with all clubs and being the Non League Cup.

Obviously teams that move to the new WOSL won't be able to compete in the junior Scottish cup, so should there be a Scottish cup created for all the non league teams ? Or should they rename the junior Scottish and allow non league teams and junior teams compete for it?

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I'd love to see the Junior Cup coming across with all clubs and being the Non League Cup.

Totally agree, it would be our equivalent to the FA Trophy. The prestige of the cup's history would be kept, and it would continue to benefit the teams that would play for it.

The more clubs come across the more voting power to make it happen [emoji108]

A merger of the South Challenge Cup (with a reasonably limited history) and the Junior Cup cannot be beyond the wit of man. Perhaps playing for the old trophty under a new name? The Central Region's cups were all recycled, no? The League Cup was the Pompey Cup.

28 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Thats the sensible way to do it. The LL should be biting the hand off to get the top West Juniors in their league and opening up two or even three relegation places (maybe in a playoff format for the third). What a league that will be in ten years.

Worry about getting the league set up then worry about relegation places which wont happen until teams get licensed.

So we need to stop getting ahead of ourselves. That's the same mentality of the west juniors should be at level with lowland because its perceived to be better

26 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

There is one for the whole LL region but I agree.

I dont get this we all should go into junior cup and change the name if we change the  name it could still be south challenge cup 

57 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Doing what?

Well you keep suggesting a free for all with Heriot-Watt University, Whitehill Welfare and numerous other clubs moving between leagues. Yet the only one that's even close to a reality right now is Fauldhouse United. So who's actually going west when they should be going East or vice versa?