Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Not strictly the same thing as the eos merged two league structures and seeded both based on league positions and assumed both the EoS and the East Superleague were on par. Outliers and amateurs were seeded bottom.

WOS on the same basis would basically drop the West Juniors in based on finishing league position to split leagues to next division if required.

It was sensible and I'm sure this will be too.

If Beith and Hurlford express an interest or apply I am sure there will be a rational decision process made to allow them entry.  Given the success the EoS made with the influx of teams to the East and conferencing team I'd expect a similar outcome. 
No clubs will be treated greater than another but there will need to be certain standards and requirements met.  

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That contains absolutely no answers.

Two miles and twenty miles are materially different.

Tweedmouth are a red herring, but Fauldhouse are a holy and indivisible part of West Lothian, a made-up entity nobody gives two hoots about?

Think this one has run its course.

I wasn't giving you answers, I was giving you my opinion. Would you be cool with Linlithgow moving west? Livingston Utd? Blackburn? Whitehill Welfare? What about Wishaw or Shotts moving east? would you leave it open to a free-for-all?  If not, how do you regulate it?

Then again, best not to.

Edited by Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Not strictly the same thing as the eos merged two league structures and seeded both based on league positions and assumed both the EoS and the East Superleague were on par. Outliers and amateurs were seeded bottom.

WOS on the same basis would basically drop the West Juniors in based on finishing league position to split leagues to next division if required.

It was sensible and I'm sure this will be too.

How would you deal with clubs who want to join WoS but do not play in the West Juniors?

6 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I suppose with Tweedmouth, they play in/across river from a town that historically is Scottish and in football terms is Scottish. Berwick Rangers for example over the wall are in the pyramid. Various Berwick amateur teams play in the Borders AFL.

The problem with flexible boundaries is it creates a domino effect - and it can go the other way too - Fauldhouse are close to Shotts, who are close to Wishaw etc...

Berwick upon Tweed hasn't been Scottish since 1482. Berwick Rangers tried to join the North Northumberland League a few times but were rejected, and only joined the Scottish Football League in 1951. Tweedmouth were members of the North Northumberland League until 2016.

The fact that flexibility means a loss of certainty isn't really an argument against it. It's just a desire for order for its own sake. Slippery slope arguments are under-developed - everything is a slippery slope.

Let the fella have a look at the options and if they want to apply to the west we'll see what happens. I'll worry about Wishaw applying to play in the East of Scotland when we get to it.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I wasn't giving you answers, I was giving you my opinion. Would you be cool with Linlithgow moving west? Livingston Utd? Blackburn? Whitehill Welfare? What about Wishaw or Shotts moving east? would you leave it open to a free-for-all?  If not, how do you regulate it?

Then again, best not to.

Who's actually doing that?

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Then again, best not to.

Is anyone suggesting any of those clubs might be remotely interested in ever moving?

No.

There's no point using vanishingly unlikely hypotheticals to bolster your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it's gonna be brilliant when this shite has finally run it's course 

It will be good when the deadline has passed already and the clubs joining the WOS (and EOS) are all known, then at least we won't have endless discussions about whether or not clubs will be accepted in certain leagues without knowing whether or not they even want it themselves...

Seed them lower. Time to stop dithering, there's teams there that'll enhance the LL product.

To clarify, if it's a team from the SOS you could argue they seed at the same level as the West Super, above the Premier. But other ammies etc. Definitely lower.

We spent a season in the EoS to let essentially the highest seeded juniors leepfrog the whole league.

Lessons could be learnt from that and there isn't a league to merge with so it should be simple.

How would you deal with clubs who want to join WoS but do not play in the West Juniors?

Just now, GordonS said:

Is anyone suggesting any of those clubs might be remotely interested in ever moving?

No.

There's no point using vanishingly unlikely hypotheticals to bolster your opinion.

I'm sure you realise that in a system that is based on geographical leagues, each area needs to be defined.  That is why we have a HL/LL dividing line so there is no arguments, no ambiguity. 

That is why a defined line between EoS and WoS is required, it's no different, otherwise when these situations do occur - and they will - there is a plan in place to deal with it. 

Surely if this was to happen en masse they would have to do what the East Juniors into the EoS and have conferences then form the new leagues based on their positions in the conferences?

To get the teams to their level quicker.

At the minute it's ridiculous.

Cove and Edinburgh top of League 2.

Berwick 12th in LL.

Bonnyrigg and Kelty top of LL.

Whitehill bottom of EoS.

This isn't competitive and the sooner that equalises the better the competition.

Caley Braves Reserves should not be thrown in a League with Auchinleck imo and there's a chance here to facilitate an En Mass West Juniors without even needing to do anything. If they manage that it'll retain support for all clubs and then some.

Why, it's a new league.