Jump to content

Junior football, what is the future?


Burnie_man

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What is the list of interested clubs that have came out

Ive got Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, possibly Glasgow University, Rutherglen Glencaitn

Edited by honestman54
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.

The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.

The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.

I think the new wosfl needs to "claim" its geographical areas asap as part of the process.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

This is where the pyramid takes us!!  why get left behind?

 

Saw this on the Ayrshire News site, very impressive.  I think Talbot need to make a move now or they will be left behind.  Kilwinning look very ambitious

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.
The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.
The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.

Too late, PWG is dead so there isn't a forum to seek agreement with the Pyramid leagues.  Also the WRJFA/SJFA would need to seek agreement from its members to drop the "all-in or none in" approach which TAJ again re-iterated in his most recent email.

They will be able to concentrate on looking after those clubs who don't want to move, which at the moment appears to be the majority or at least a significant chunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course. A lot of money has gone into the regeneration project from both their runs, it's never gone on splashing out on players - the fans and playing set up do that themselves with their own fundraising scheme - and the ground is now ready for the floodlights come the end of the season. 

Talbot are not doing all this for nothing. Whenever something concrete comes out, instead of just notifications of intent, Talbot will act appropriately. No need to rush right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Too late, PWG is dead so there isn't a forum to seek agreement with the Pyramid leagues.  Also the WRJFA/SJFA would need to seek agreement from its members to drop the "all-in or none in" approach which TAJ again re-iterated in his most recent email.

They will be able to concentrate on looking after those clubs who don't want to move, which at the moment appears to be the majority or at least a significant chunk.

So when is this further news from the LL due, before or after tomorrows meeting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hillview said:

Yeah I've emailed that, not had a reply is that just basically a number gathering exercise?

Once the next stage of the plan has been made clear the teams that have emailed in will be invited to a meeting to have a chat about moving it forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Too late, PWG is dead so there isn't a forum to seek agreement with the Pyramid leagues.  Also the WRJFA/SJFA would need to seek agreement from its members to drop the "all-in or none in" approach which TAJ again re-iterated in his most recent email.

They will be able to concentrate on looking after those clubs who don't want to move, which at the moment appears to be the majority or at least a significant chunk.

it is getting a bit like this  By 23 April the Red Army had surrounded Berlin,[310] and Goebbels made a proclamation urging its citizens to defend the city.[307] That same day, Göring sent a telegram from Berchtesgaden, arguing that since Hitler was isolated in Berlin, Göring should assume leadership of Germany. Göring set a deadline, after which he would consider Hitler incapacitated.[311] Hitler responded by having Göring arrested, and in his last will and testament of 29 April, he removed Göring from all government positions.[312][313] On 28 April Hitler discovered that Himmler, who had left Berlin on 20 April, was trying to negotiate a surrender to the Western Allies.[314][315] He ordered Himmler's arrest and had Hermann Fegelein (Himmler's SS representative at Hitler's HQ in Berlin) shot.[316]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course. A lot of money has gone into the regeneration project from both their runs, it's never gone on splashing out on players - the fans and playing set up do that themselves with their own fundraising scheme - and the ground is now ready for the floodlights come the end of the season. 

Talbot are not doing all this for nothing. Whenever something concrete comes out, instead of just notifications of intent, Talbot will act appropriately. No need to rush right now.

I agree it is one of the best grounds - do you think the club would be anywhere near where it is without the Senor Cup (I'm sticking with this spelling)  money though. It has put it in a position to attract the best players which wins them the League and/or Junior Cup and the money that brings on its own.

As for how Talbot will act - if a WoSFL comes along and Talbot are not part of it I'll eat a pot noodle without any water being added. They know the route to the Scottish Cup money will soon be cut off to Junior clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Once the next stage of the plan has been made clear the teams that have emailed in will be invited to a meeting to have a chat about moving it forward

Can I ask since I think it was just Kilwinning's twitter that directed people to WOSFL.co.uk. 

Is that something the Lowland/EoS directed you to after going through them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can I ask since I think it was just Kilwinning's twitter that directed people to WOSFL.co.uk. 

Is that something the Lowland/EoS directed you to after going through them?

I offered to set it up so all the messages where in one place for the LL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TFW said:

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course.

If you don't think this season is even worth mentioning, it shows how Talbot are now operating in a completely different sphere from the rest of the West clubs. If any West Premier club had made Rd 3 of the Scottish this season it would have had a huge impact on their finances. Seems to me Talbot are now like TNS or whatever they're called, who enter the Champions' league every year by winning the League of Wales in perpetuity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.
The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.
The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.
I think the new wosfl needs to "claim" its geographical areas asap as part of the process.
 
That ship sailed roughly 2 weeks ago when the sfa walked away from any future pwg dialogue.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...