Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So he's worried about exclusivity and not every club in the Lowland Region being part of the pyramid but at the same time says that the WSJFA can slot straight in therefore meaning non-Junior clubs such as Glasgow Uni, Oban or whomever wouldn't be included. So which is it?

Glasgow Uni wouldn't join an SJFA run west league (at Tier 9).  An independent WoSL is however, at least, worth considering. No idea about Oban Saints., but if there is to be an independent/pyramid West League, an application from them would be welcomed. 

5 hours ago, honestman54 said:

When do we expect the LL to make their next statement.  I still dont understand why, to stop all of the current debate and silly TJ statements, they didnt just finish their previous statement with a link to an application for the new league and a deadline for such applications.  That surely would have killed all this SJFA stuff dead in the water. 

This week.

16 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Quite bloody right big man.
Imperative to get ALL the available options before you and the committee.

If it means testing the boundaries, literally, on what will be accepted or not then so be it. People are calling for details and clarity.

A West Lothian club enquiring about a WOS league will certainly test the water.

emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.png

Personally I think any club should be able to apply to play in any league, as long as the rest of the teams in that league don't have an issue, why is it a problem?

The EOS where happy to accept Clydebanks application

Kilwinning to Cumbernauld 54mins

Kilwinning to Flauldhouse FC 1h 11mins

Kilwinning to Kello 1h 1min

8 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Personally I think any club should be able to apply to play in any league, as long as the rest of the teams in that league don't have an issue, why is it a problem?

The EOS where happy to accept Clydebanks application

Kilwinning to Cumbernauld 54mins

Kilwinning to Flauldhouse FC 1h 11mins

Kilwinning to Kello 1h 1min

There was no WoSFL when Clydebank applied.

You simply can't have some teams in West Lothian playing EoS and some WoS.  As I said before, maybe Blackburn should then apply to jump leagues and guarantee tier 6 next season  (we're only 6 miles from the Lanarkshire border),  maybe Newtongrange too or Sauchie? It would be a mess, and makes absolutely no sense.   It also makes the stance over the HL/LL dividing line  a bit hypocritical when it comes to Tayside.

No need to open a can of worms, keep it simple. There's more than enough teams in the west to get the WoSFL off the ground.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

There was no WoSFL when Clydebank applied.

You simply can't have some teams in West Lothian playing EoS and some WoS.  As I said before, maybe Blackburn should then apply to jump leagues and guarantee tier 6 next season  (we're only 6 miles from the Lanarkshire border),  maybe Newtongrange too or Sauchie? It would be a mess, and makes absolutely no sense.   It also makes the stance over the HL/LL dividing line  a bit hypocriticalwhen it comes to Tayside.

No need to open a can of worms, keep it simple. There's more than enough teams in the west to get the WoSFL off the ground.

The whole jumping a tier, does it really matter? or is it teams that made the jump first trying to hold something over the late movers?

Supposed to be a new start, ,maybe start with new thinking rather than implementing old rules written decades ago.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You shouldn't be going west to jump the queue. Your in the east you should go their whether its tier 7 or 8. You shouldn't get to bypass things because yous didnt have the nerve to do it before and I like fauldhouse 

I disagree - they should fo what’s right for them all things considered. As shotts is 5 miles away, if they can get a better pathway moving west great for them.

dunipace did something similar in reverse.

1 minute ago, BS7 said:

I disagree - they should fo what’s right for them all things considered. As shotts is 5 miles away, if they can get a better pathway moving west great for them.

I also disagree, in one hand they celebrate the West clubs for opening up their options but bring down clubs in the East for doing the very same thing, this needs future proofed, there will be a LL2 at some point, maybe even a LL3, East/West won't matter at tier 6/7 if this happens

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

The whole jumping a tier, does it really matter? or is it teams that made the jump first trying to hold something over the late movers?

Supposed to be a new start, ,maybe start with new thinking rather than implementing old rules written decades ago.

Wow hold you're horses bud!

As I said, rather than causing a mess, keep it simple and do what everyone expects, set-up a WoSFL for west clubs. 

West Lothian is covered by the EoS, there is abolutely no need to muddy the water and create confusion. Hee haw to do with "new thinking".

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Wow hold you're horses bud!

As I said, rather than causing a mess, keep it simple and do what everyone expects, set-up a WoSFL for west clubs. 

West Lothian is covered by the EoS, there is abolutely no need to muddy the water and create confusion. Hee haw to do with "new thinking".

"rather than causing a mess, keep it simple and do what everyone expects"

This smells like Junior thinking

hahaha

To be fair, we were a bit of an outlier in the West. Our move to the EoS removed and anomaly, rather than created one and to be fair it was driven by our ambition to join the pyramid and there being no league in the West in which to do that.

That said, like Burnie says if anyone can go anywhere in the new world and we have to choose between conferences at Tier 6 in the West with a top 6 finish to stay there or conferences at Tier 7 with a top 2 finish to get to Tier 6.......

I'm obviously being a little provocative there to emphasise Burnie's point, we're more than happy in the EoS and haven't discussed anything other than our structure there for next season, which will hopefully be premier/first/second.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You simply can't have some teams in West Lothian playing EoS and some WoS.  As I said before, maybe Blackburn should then apply to jump leagues and guarantee tier 6 next season  (we're only 6 miles from the Lanarkshire border),  maybe Newtongrange too or Sauchie? It would be a mess, and makes absolutely no sense.   It also makes the stance over the HL/LL dividing line  a bit hypocritical when it comes to Tayside.

The SPFL isn't open to application anymore it's tied into the promotion and relegation format between the HL and LL. The 3 parties agreed to what the boundary is meant to be, that's the difference.

The Lowland League isn't open to application anymore it's tied into a promotion and relegation format between themselves and the SoSFL and EoSFL. They didn't choose a boundary, instead coming to an agreement with what club would be relegated to which league prior to the start of the season.

The SoSFL, the EoSFL, and WoSFL are all open to application, or will be if the WoSFL gets off the ground. A club like Fauldhouse from outside the pyramid system should be free to apply wherever and it will be down to whether or not they get accepted by the league membership or organisers.

As for the panic about West Lothian clubs choosing one league over the other. Long term when the WoSFL has divisions and the EoSFL has divisions it won't be such a concern.

There should be fixed boundaries generally or things quickly become a mess.  Clubs shouldn't be able to choose which league they go into as they might choose a weaker league to give them a better chance of promotion.  There may be the occasional team that's on the borders of the boundaries but generally teams should know which region they are in.

As said above, Dunipace were a bit of an outlier in the west juniors and it was sensible for them to join the EoS.

Edited by stanley

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SPFL isn't open to application anymore

Slightly offtopic, but if an SPFL club disappears now, how would they be replaced, would simply the winner of the HL/LL play-off get promoted with club 42 being safe, or do the usual play-offs take place and does the extra spot get opened for application?

1 minute ago, stanley said:

There should be fixed boundaries generally or things quickly become a mess.  Clubs shouldn't be able to choose which league they go into as they might choose a weaker league to give them a better chance of promotion.  There may be the occasional team that's on the borders of the boundaries but generally teams should know which region they are in.

As said above, Dunipace were a bit of an outlier in the west juniors and it was sensible for them to join the EoS.

Which was one reason why ersjfa couldnt get in