Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

With the amount of teams who’ve publicly shown an interest I’d be surprised if there’s not more than 16 teams in a WOSFL next season. Although I guess the West teams will have seen how it panned out in the East where teams now moving could well be going to tier 8 as Kelty / Bonnyrigg enter tier 4.

1 hour ago, Valemafia said:

Your talking absolute nonsense regarding Rossvale Juniors they havent approached nobody at the Sjfa regarding this so your so called know it all about them is all bluff sir stop spreading daft rumours 

I never said the juniors but I also never said the academy which I meant.
Let me rephrase that and I apologise if it was not conveyed the way it was intended and that's due to my fluid post, not being more precise.

Rossvale academy, not the Juniors, put it to the SJFA, and quite rightly so as they want to make sure they don't lose young quality players as they are experiencing problems in the under 21 level are as a lot of teams in the same situation and at U19s level with many teams folding..
Other teams have contacted the junior association with similar ideas previously in the past couple of years and were told no. The academy as well as a few other academies are working on improvement ideas for their academies including preparations for  a development squad in readiness for the juniors joining the senior/pyramid ranks. 

Please don't tell people to stop spreading rumours when you not informed of the situation. I don't spread rumours as I don't have anything to gain by it and not interested in windups or rumours.  If I have a viewpoint I will state as such, if I have a fact I will state that.  I have been very impressed with Rossvale academy as they are constantly looking for ideas to improve the academy as they are looking to cover all avenues to bring more youth players, quality youth players into the academy.  There are so many academies looking to improve, Rossvale, Pollok, Hillwood, Clydebank, Syngenta to name but a few and I think its fantastic that these academies are looking for ideas to improve and grow for the benefit of the youth and the local junior, senior teams.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling

2 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

" Rossvale academy, not the academy, put it to the SJFA"

Glad you cleared that up.

I was waiting till you noticed that and change it before you posted 😎

Actually I did giggle when I read my post after posting., proof reading is so important

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

With the amount of teams who’ve publicly shown an interest I’d be surprised if there’s not more than 16 teams in a WOSFL next season. Although I guess the West teams will have seen how it panned out in the East where teams now moving could well be going to tier 8 as Kelty / Bonnyrigg enter tier 4.

I would like to think so. I know some people take the point of view that let clubs stay Junior if they want. Which is fair enough. But if you take 16+ of the top teams from the West Region, having already lost the bigger East teams, what does staying Junior really mean?

If they can stay together I think they should.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I would like to think so. I know some people take the point of view that let clubs stay Junior if they want. Which is fair enough. But if you take 16+ of the top teams from the West Region, having already lost the bigger East teams, what does staying Junior really mean?

If they can stay together I think they should.

A North Region club is not going to win the Junior Cup. It's also unlikely an East Region club will either. By the sounds on things the remaining Fife clubs will be departing soon from the East Region. If there is a major defection from the West the stature of the Junior Cup will disappear.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

A North Region club is not going to win the Junior Cup. It's also unlikely an East Region club will either. By the sounds on things the remaining Fife clubs will be departing soon from the East Region. If there is a major defection from the West the stature of the Junior Cup will disappear.

The trophy itself is one of the best looking cups in world football. It should be used as a Scottish non league trophy...or just left to see out it's days in the groove it has already worn in the Talbot cabinet.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

That just won't work as the area is too large for that. Best would be Tayside joining the NRJFA & tier 6 becoming NCL & North Superleague (with Tayside included). Tier 7 below the North Superleague can be a first division for Tayside and one for the current North region clubs.

Impossible.........neither the North Juniors, nor the North Caley League, would want to be in the same league as each other, either at Tier 6 or tier 7.  Nor would these small clubs be able to fund the travel costs at whichever level.  They are completely different regions, and there aren't  any current clubs, which are based in the other leagues' region.  No boundary problems here. 

The NCL has already met/had dialog with both these leagues, and the North Caley has confirmed its interest in joining the pyramid, as a 'feeder' league to the HFL. Several of the current  Highland League clubs, namely Wick Academy, Brora Rangers, Clachnacuddin,  Fort William, and probably Nairn County, would opt to join the North Caley, if relegated in the future. 

Currently only 2 of its clubs have an SFA Licence :  Banks O'Dee (North Juniors)  and  Golspie Sutherland (NCL).

North Tayside Juniors is a separate issue. Currently it has no licensed clubs, and the SJFA/ERJFA wants the HFL/SLL boundary moved so that it falls within the Lowland League area. This  situation is unlikely to be resolved soon, as any boundary change would involve agreement by the SPFL, the Lowland League, and the Highland League, and "endorsement" by the SFA. The boundary will be tested if Brechin City are relegated from SPFL 2.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As of today the juniors have sent their note of interest in joining any new west league that would allow ourselves access to the pyramid system.

If this system goes ahead it could be put in place by next season.

But more will be made clear of who will be running it and the initial set up hopefully by this week.

A return to EDC or the north of the city is something that I am sure everyone at the juniors would love to see.

And we believe that discussions with the academy committee, council, councillors & trust is the only way we will find out if say huntershill can be funded to bring it up to the standards required for the juniors to even play premiership junior football, never mind senior football.

A joint effort by all parties surely is something that should be looked at to see if EDC are in anway shape or form interested in creating something very special at the hub.

I will be happy to get involved with you guys for a chat initially to lay out a plan to hopefully get answers from the council at least.

There will also be one more member of the juniors committee happy to join me in discussions.

At present the juniors are sharing with benburb juniors over in the south side of the city.

This has worked out tremendously well for ourselves. We intend also to speak to them very shortly to see what their thoughts are regarding the pyramid system and also any works that maybe required within their complex.

I would like to ensure all parties that we are more than willing to put all efforts behind this but we must also protect ourselves at the same regarding any possible move away from new tinto park.

If the council agreed to any refurbishment for huntershill then this work would have to be fully completed before we would commit ourselves to leaving a perfectly good complex.

We all know too well being given promises by local governments and mp's can change very quickly.

Yours sincerely
Dom McInally
Rossvale fc

Bit of a ramble , isnt it ?

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Impossible.........neither the North Juniors, nor the North Caley League, would want to be in the same league as each other, either at Tier 6 or tier 7.  Nor would these small clubs be able to fund the travel costs at whichever level.  They are completely different regions, and there aren't  any current clubs, which are based in the other leagues' region.  No boundary problems here. 

The NCL has already met/had dialog with both these leagues, and the North Caley has confirmed its interest in joining the pyramid, as a 'feeder' league to the HFL. Several of the current  Highland League clubs, namely Wick Academy, Brora Rangers, Clachnacuddin,  Fort William, and probably Nairn County, would opt to join the North Caley, if relegated in the future. 

Currently only 2 of its clubs have an SFA Licence :  Banks O'Dee (North Juniors)  and  Golspie Sutherland (NCL).

North Tayside Juniors is a separate issue. Currently it has no licensed clubs, and the SJFA/ERJFA wants the HFL/SLL boundary moved so that it falls within the Lowland League area. This  situation is unlikely to be resolved soon, as any boundary change would involve agreement by the SPFL, the Lowland League, and the Highland League, and "endorsement" by the SFA. The boundary will be tested if Brechin City are relegated from SPFL 2.

Leave the boundary where it is.

League 2 clubs are split currently 3/7 Highland/Lowland. 

Any boundary move northwards will leave hardly any teams falling within the Highland area.

I’d think it’ll be resolved if the boundary is the tay or not at the end of the season if Brechin go down, if they end up Highland league, it’s not moving.

44 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I never said the juniors but I also never said the academy which I meant.
Let me rephrase that and I apologise if it was not conveyed the way it was intended and that's due to my fluid post, not being more precise.

Rossvale academy, not the Juniors, put it to the SJFA, and quite rightly so as they want to make sure they don't lose young quality players as they are experiencing problems in the under 21 level are as a lot of teams in the same situation and at U19s level with many teams folding..
Other teams have contacted the junior association with similar ideas previously in the past couple of years and were told no. The academy as well as a few other academies are working on improvement ideas for their academies including preparations for  a development squad in readiness for the juniors joining the senior/pyramid ranks. 

Please don't tell people to stop spreading rumours when you not informed of the situation. I don't spread rumours as I don't have anything to gain by it and not interested in windups or rumours.  If I have a viewpoint I will state as such, if I have a fact I will state that.  I have been very impressed with Rossvale academy as they are constantly looking for ideas to improve the academy as they are looking to cover all avenues to bring more youth players, quality youth players into the academy.  There are so many academies looking to improve, Rossvale, Pollok, Hillwood, Clydebank, Syngenta to name but a few and I think its fantastic that these academies are looking for ideas to improve and grow for the benefit of the youth and the local junior, senior teams.

I'm more than informed than you will ever know stick to an academy thread and get off the Juniors forum as you know very little what's going on at our junior club your just going by hearsay any announcements will come from OUR Chairman 

17 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I'm not suggesting one tier 6 league, I'm suggesting the NCL and a combined NRJFA/Tayside Superleague. The latter bit is assuming the boundary won't be changed, but I think that's very unlikely to happen.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think if there is more than one wave of moves from the west juniors, there is the possibility of LL2 at tier 6 before the second wave lands.

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d think it’ll be resolved if the boundary is the tay or not at the end of the season if Brechin go down, if they end up Highland league, it’s not moving.

If the WOS gets off the ground and takes 20 or more clubs with it (outside the SJFA) and most of the current south of Tay Bridge East Juniors switch to the EOS then I doubt that the SJFA will remain interested in what happens to the ERJFA clubs which are located to the north of the Tay Bridge.