Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SFA don't run leagues. 

The only additional workload for them is discipline, and they have already agreed to accommodate an increase in clubs at tier 6.

Considering they didn't do anything when the EOS suddenly tripled in size, I doubt they'll get involved now anyway. The extra work on discipline isn't that much anyway.

If, say the Border amateurs would agree with the EOS that they'd leave the SAFA and become a feeder to the EOS with their top division at tier 9, they'd also suddenly fall under the SFA for example...

46 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I can’t work out if you’re serious or not.

I try to make sure that Uncle Bob doesn't chew too many wine gums, before he sits at the keyboard, especially now that Fort William are off the bottom.

Keep up the posting Jim. Great stuff !

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

Considering they didn't do anything when the EOS suddenly tripled in size, I doubt they'll get involved now anyway. The extra work on discipline isn't that much anyway.

If, say the Border amateurs would agree with the EOS that they'd leave the SAFA and become a feeder to the EOS with their top division at tier 9, they'd also suddenly fall under the SFA for example...

Where would the WoSL referees/assistants come from ? 

26 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Where would the WoSL referees/assistants come from ? 

At the risk of sounding flippant I'd hazard a guess at the West of Scotland.

By and large I imagine they'll come from the same pool currently drawn on by the SJFA - no need to bring them in from further afield.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think you’re giving the SFA more credit than they deserve.

The point being, there will be no tangible increase in games.

There's no Junior referees and Senior referees, there's just referees.

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

On Saturday I was at the Kilbrinie vs Rossvale game, I didn't go rummaging with questions but Kilbirnie fans were chatting to me before game and at half time and most were making comments about the pyramid but not one really knew anything about it so they were quite rightly not for the seniors/pyramid.
To be honest any real fan will follow their team no matter where they go or what level they join so in reality this is what a committee is for, to run the club in the right way in the best interests for the fans and to make sure everything runs smooth and hopefully and including successful team.  If the committee of Kilbirnie have looked into it and don't want to go then I think that's the best for their club and back them 100% and would say the same if they wanted to join the pyramid they and any team would get my backing as long as they have looked at all the pros and cons.

Ladeside committee are for the pyramid ( or so they say ) but are still under impression that super negotiator TJ will lead the juniors to the promised land.  Will they apply without SJFA and the clubs joining en masse ? Doubt it. Personally a would leave the juniors asap.

The fans really don't understand what is going on , you have committee men on here asking questions...what chance do fans have ffs

31 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Ladeside committee are for the pyramid ( or so they say ) but are still under impression that super negotiator TJ will lead the juniors to the promised land.  Will they apply without SJFA and the clubs joining en masse ? Doubt it. Personally a would leave the juniors asap.

The fans really don't understand what is going on , you have committee men on here asking questions...what chance do fans have ffs

Statement from Newmains Utd issued ?

21 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

WOSFL needs a strong Glenbuck Cherrypickers

I'd love to see a pic of the village sign as you approach the ground....

In true American Mid West style...

'Welcome to Glenbuck      Population 0'........ ;)

Edited by Doonhamer1969

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Can u name the 12? From what ive heard

Clydebank
Kilwinning
Medda
Whittlets
Darvel
Maryhill
Bonnyton
Cumnock
Peasy
Glencairn

Mon the papers

If we were to assume that these are the 12 clubs for the WOSFL and another 4 clubs join for 2020/21 (say as an extreme example Fauldhouse Utd, Oban Saints, Strathclyde Uni and Syngenta) - the WOSFL operates in 2020/21 with  a round number of 16 clubs. At the end of the season one club gets relegated from the Lowland League - say Dalbeattie Star. In the opposite direction Kilwinning Rangers get promoted to the Lowland League

Would we be in a position that new applicants for 2021/22 such as - Auchinleck Talbot, Kilbirnie Ladeside, Hurlford United etc - would have competely missed the boat and will have to start in Tier 7 if they reluctantly decide to join the Pyramid?

It is obviously an extreme example but could there be Bonnyton Thistle at Tier 6 and Auchinleck Talbot at Tier 7 in 2021/22?

Or would Talbot be able to influence this outcome?

How could Talbot get around this dilemma?

Or do they have to "bite the bullet" and ensure entry for 2020/21 to avoid such a debacle?

Do Talbot fans really understand what is at stake?

Am I just dreaming or could this become the new reality? Perhaps Burnie_man and FairWeatherFan can help me on that one please.

Edited by Pyramidic

16 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

If we were to assume that these are the 12 clubs for the WOSFL and another 4 clubs join for 2020/21 (say as an extreme example Fauldhouse Utd, Oban Saints, Strathclyde Uni and Syngenta) - the WOSFL operates in 2020/21 with  a round number of 16 clubs. At the end of the season one club gets relegated from the Lowland League - say Dalbeattie Star. In the opposite direction Kilwinning Rangers get promoted to the Lowland League

Would we be in a position that new applicants for 2021/22 such as - Auchinleck Talbot, Kilbirnie Ladeside, Hurlford United etc - would have competely missed the boat and will have to start in Tier 7 if they reluctantly decide to join the Pyramid?

It is obviously an extreme example but could there be Bonnyton Thistle at Tier 6 and Auchinleck Talbot at Tier 7 in 2021/22?

Or would Talbot be able to influence this outcome?

How could Talbot get around this dilemma?

Or do they have to "bite the bullet" and ensure entry for 2020/21 to avoid such a debacle?

Do Talbot fans really understand what is at stake?

Am I just dreaming or could this become the new reality? Perhaps Burnie_man and FairWeatherFan can help me on that one please.

Obviously, Bonnyton would have got in the year before Auchinleck.  There will be more powerful teams than Bonnyton that might not join so they go in to the next level that is started. (the only way I'd see then being in the same league if Auchinleck joined a year later is that there is only, say 10 teams in the division in 2020-21 and the LL wanted to make the new WOS the following year, 2021-22, into a 16 team league and if Auchinleck are still doing the business then id expect them to be first in the queue to the next space available).
its only common sense.   if you went by the rule that Auchinleck just cause who they are cane let everyone from the west region join a WOS and then they wait a year out and then join stating they want to go in at the top level. Nope wouldn't and should never happen.  That's why the East Region Juniors have had problems, they said they wanted in at Tier 6 along side the EOS but that wouldn't be fair on the EOS teams who were previously East Junior teams but left to try and progress and now they could have the teams who didn't move to then get the jump on them, nope wouldn't happen.

if Talbot want to wait, there is nothing wrong with that just means they will go into the next level that is available if and when they decide to go into the pyramid/senior system.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Talbot wont wait and anyone who thinks they will are seriously deluded

Obviously, Bonnyton would have got in before Auchinleck.  There will be more powerful teams than Bonnyton that might not join so they go in to the next level that is started.
its only common sense.   if you went by the rule that Auchinleck just cause who they are cane let everyone from the west region join a WOS and then they wait a year out and then join stating they want to go in at the top level. Nope wouldn't and should never happen.  That's why the East Region Juniors have had problems, they said they wanted in at Tier 6 along side the EOS but that wouldn't be fair on the EOS teams who were previously East Junior teams but left to try and progress and now they could have the teams who didn't move to then get the jump on them, nope wouldn't happen.

if Talbot want to wait, there is nothing wrong with that just means they will go into the next level that is available if and when they decide to go into the pyramid/senior system.

Just now, andy25 said:

Talbot wont wait and anyone who thinks they will are seriously deluded

Don't know if they will or don't know if they wont. As long as every team makes a calculated collective decision for their future then you cant ask any more then that.  I replied to the person asking the question, is essence,  if any team should move up a level if they waited a year just because of who they are

Here's how I would sort out the North of Scotland issue. 

Tier 6 - Premier Division - champions promoted to HL if licensed, 2 relegated

Tier 7 - First Division - 2 promoted, 3 relegated

Tier 8 would be regionalised

Second Division West - champions promoted

Second Division East - champions promoted

Second Division Tayside - champions promoted

7 minutes ago, zenon said:

Here's how I would sort out the North of Scotland issue. 

Tier 6 - Premier Division - champions promoted to HL if licensed, 2 relegated

Tier 7 - First Division - 2 promoted, 3 relegated

Tier 8 would be regionalised

Second Division West - champions promoted

Second Division East - champions promoted

Second Division Tayside - champions promoted

I doubt you would get 32 teams wanting to play across the highland area. Better to stick with NCL, north juniors, tayside and have licensed champions play off.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The point being, there will be no tangible increase in games.

There's no Junior referees and Senior referees, there's just referees.

What, there's no referees loyal to the grade? Pass the smelling salts...