Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, marconi said:

well over  fifteen hundered posts and no further forward. could some of the enlightened please post a list of the advantages of joining the pyramid so us thickos can then decide  if it the promised land or a fantasy.

Can you not weigh it up yourself?

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Right, ok, how come there are no posts on this thread for over 10 hours ??? :unsure2:

Given that the Lowland League & EoS plan to make a further statement during this week maybe this is the calm before the storm!

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

Given that the Lowland League & EoS plan to make a further statement during this week maybe this is the calm before the storm!

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

I wonder when the WRSJFA or SJFA intend to make a statement?

Sounds like Lewis Cumming's wet dream. (He's the statement league boy on Twitter)

10 minutes ago, marconi said:

well over  fifteen hundered posts and no further forward. could some of the enlightened please post a list of the advantages of joining the pyramid so us thickos can then decide  if it the promised land or a fantasy.

How about you do what the rest of us have done and research it ?

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's in Berkshire.

Most West Calder fans? How many is that, how much of a swing to change it? You could buy a round and get them all on side.

To be honest to me it doesn't matter how many fans are at West Calder or any team for that matter, there are fans of the team.  I wasn't there to swing anything, I was there watching my son and I asked the question to see what committee and fans views of the pyramid from both teams during the games he participated in.
The problem is with too many people, some on the senior side, some on the junior side and quite a few give daft /blinkered reasons for staying or joining.
For me there are so many people who have no vision and it is what it is. I don't mind any team not joining the seniors/pyramid but its best to try and be objective, look into all options and then make a calculated decision what to do.  

59 minutes ago, marconi said:

I think it is inevitable and therefore up to individual clubs to take some responsibility for making it a successful transition. You say 'no further forward' yet the East Region has 'deteriorated' to quote Kirkcaldy & Dysart and they will become, what... the 30th or so club to leave? The LL / EoS are setting up a WoSFL if there is interest. Six West Region sides have already publically stated they are either interested or are having discussions... Buffs, Bankies, Maryhill, Meadow, Glencairn and Whitletts. 

'No further forward'?

Really?

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yep you got me !

We can't have this forum going quiet.  We must work harder to get to 2,000 posts by 1st April. 

from Uncle Bob   

I can’t work out if you’re serious or not.

Edited by jimbaxters

10 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

So the LL /EOS can set up a new league without discussion with the SFA? Is that not a bit strange?

There's been lots of discussion with the SFA through the PWG. The SFA have now exited stage right because a consensus could not be reached on the way ahead through that leaving the coast clear for the LL/EoS to now proceed with this.

12 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

So the LL /EOS can set up a new league without discussion with the SFA? Is that not a bit strange?

Anyone can set up a league. Right now they're just getting interest and will probably present the proposal to the SFA once there's something substantive.

It's not like the sfa will be shocked by it. It has been a topic of discussion since the pwg restarted in 2018.

22 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Can u name the 12? From what ive heard

Clydebank
Kilwinning
Medda
Whittlets
Darvel
Maryhill
Bonnyton
Cumnock
Peasy
Glencairn

Mon the papers

12? I think they might end up having Conference type leagues to accommodate the number of clubs wanting access to the Pyramid. Unless the West Region can come up with solution acceptable to the Lowland League - and quick.  As the LL are going to be in favour of the WOSSL I think the only way they'll agree now is West Region at Tier 7 (or even 8 depending on numbers departing). If the West Region stick to this all in or none in I don't think it's going to go down well with clubs that feel let down.

Edited by theesel1994

The west regions part in all of this is over its now down to who wants to move on their own. The LL and EOS leagues would do a better job running the WOSL anyway as the west and SJFA have been shown up to be not interested/ incompetent in the whole process. More power to the break away clubs I say!!

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's been lots of discussion with the SFA through the PWG. The SFA have now exited stage right because a consensus could not be reached on the way ahead through that leaving the coast clear for the LL/EoS to now proceed with this.

The SFA still have to agree to administer the league, I cant see anywhere that they have agreed to do this, although I might be wrong.

if they have then they should  they not come out and tell clubs that is the case ?

1 minute ago, Sancho Panza said:

The SFA still have to agree to administer the league, I cant see anywhere that they have agreed to do this, although I might be wrong.

if they have then they should  they not come out and tell clubs that is the case ?

The SFA don't run leagues. 

The only additional workload for them is discipline, and they have already agreed to accommodate an increase in clubs at tier 6.