Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

31 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

No fife teams. Reading between lines though, if any more fife goes I reckon the rest in east will as will have no choice to be left behind, well for the long established junior clubs. Unsure about boness and Linlithgow, will need to see what they say.

Any Pimperston, Stoneyburn or West Calder fans on this forum ?

As its all gone quiet, we would like to hear from you. 

Syngenta fans : how has it been for you ?

Edited by Robert James
additional question added

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Haha. Look at you trying to drum up business. You must be able to find something to do.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

At the end of last season with last 5 games left I was speaking to most of the committee of West Calder about the pyramid and they didn't want to know about the pyramid and had no interest in it. They were happy the way things were but personally that's just because they didn't know the ins and outs and it didn't suit them then. Also I’d say most fans, well true fans of West Calder were happy the way it was.  Obviously things are changing and I'm sure they must be or need to be looking into it just incase more east region junior teams leave.  I will say, the conversation was just the committees and fans own personal viewpoints and I get that as they haven't looked into it.

On Saturday I was at the Kilbrinie vs Rossvale game, I didn't go rummaging with questions but Kilbirnie fans were chatting to me before game and at half time and most were making comments about the pyramid but not one really knew anything about it so they were quite rightly not for the seniors/pyramid.
To be honest any real fan will follow their team no matter where they go or what level they join so in reality this is what a committee is for, to run the club in the right way in the best interests for the fans and to make sure everything runs smooth and hopefully and including successful team.  If the committee of Kilbirnie have looked into it and don't want to go then I think that's the best for their club and back them 100% and would say the same if they wanted to join the pyramid they and any team would get my backing as long as they have looked at all the pros and cons.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling, again

14 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the end of last season with last 5 games left I was speaking to most of the committee of West Calder about eh pyramid and they didn't want to know about the pyramid and had no interest in it. They were happy the way things were but personally that's just because they didn't know the ins and outs and it didn't suit them then. Also id say most fans, well true fans of West Calder were happy the way it was.  Obviously things are changing and I'm sure they mist be or need to be looking into it just incase more east region junior teams leave.

West Calder are struggling badly at the moment, probably more focused on survival.  Lost 19 out of 19 league games, the worst season I can ever recall them having.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

West Calder are struggling badly at the moment, probably more focused on survival.  Lost 19 out of 19 league games, the worst season I can ever recall them having.

Burnie man, I think this is similar to a few clubs as they have other problems in hand the now so they are trying to deal with other issues and its quite a common thing to happen when committee have too much to deal with.  I wish West Calder well and hope they get everything sorted. Lovely park and such a good community feel 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the end of last season with last 5 games left I was speaking to most of the committee of West Calder about the pyramid and they didn't want to know about the pyramid and had no interest in it. They were happy the way things were but personally that's just because they didn't know the ins and outs and it didn't suit them then. Also id say most fans, well true fans of West Calder were happy the way it was.  Obviously things are changing and I'm sure they mist be or need to be looking into it just incase more east region junior teams leave.  I will say, the conversation was just the committees and fans own personal viewpoints and I get that as they haven't looked into it.

On Saturday I was at the Kilbrinie vs Rossvale game, I didn't go rummaging with questions but Kilbirnie fans were chatting to me before game and at half time and most were making comments about the pyramid but not one really new anything about it so they were quite rightly not for the seniors/pyramid.
To be honest any real fan will follow their team no matter where they go or what level they join so in reality this is what a committee is for to run the club right in the best interests for the fans and to make sure everything runs smooth and hopefully and including successful team.  If the committee of Kilbirnie have looked into it and don't want to go then I think that's the best for their club ad back them 100% and would say the same if they wanted to join the pyramid they and any team would get my backing as long as they have looked at all the pros and cons

It's a shame, but thanks for an excellent update.

'RJ'

Slightly off subject but directly linked. If the wosfl does happen and its run by the LL/EoSFL, you could imagine given the amount of fan and media focus the expanded pyramid is getting and will get especially in the West if it happens, a combined LL/Eosfl/wosfl non league entity could be very attractive proposition to a potential sponsor, willing to pay much more than this level currently get. Interesting to know if the EoSFL and LL are tied in to their current sponsors for 2020/21. 

Slightly off subject but directly linked. If the wosfl does happen and its run by the LL/EoSFL, you could imagine given the amount of fan and media focus the expanded pyramid is getting and will get especially in the West if it happens, a combined LL/Eosfl/wosfl non league entity could be very attractive proposition to a potential sponsor, willing to pay much more than this level currently get. Interesting to know if the EoSFL and LL are tied in to their current sponsors for 2020/21. 

EOS has been sponsored by Central Taxis for a fair while so wouldn't see it changing.

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

EOS has been sponsored by Central Taxis for a fair while so wouldn't see it changing.

Thats exactly my point, think how much the EOS has changed and expanded with increased brand exposure over the past few years. Don't know what terms that current deal was on, but the "Value" of the EOS brand i would imagine has increased a lot since the deal was put in place if it was a few years ago. Then if you were to add in a new Wosfl and recognising increasing exposure the LL gets all the time, the potential combined brand value of these 3 could be very lucrative to cash in on if you are going to have all 3 organisations working closely. 

Edited by morley

3 hours ago, teamfinderscot said:

No fife teams. Reading

That's in Berkshire.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the end of last season with last 5 games left I was speaking to most of the committee of West Calder about the pyramid and they didn't want to know about the pyramid and had no interest in it. They were happy the way things were but personally that's just because they didn't know the ins and outs and it didn't suit them then. Also I’d say most fans, well true fans of West Calder were happy the way it was.  Obviously things are changing and I'm sure they must be or need to be looking into it just incase more east region junior teams leave.  I will say, the conversation was just the committees and fans own personal viewpoints and I get that as they haven't looked into it.

On Saturday I was at the Kilbrinie vs Rossvale game, I didn't go rummaging with questions but Kilbirnie fans were chatting to me before game and at half time and most were making comments about the pyramid but not one really knew anything about it so they were quite rightly not for the seniors/pyramid.
To be honest any real fan will follow their team no matter where they go or what level they join so in reality this is what a committee is for, to run the club in the right way in the best interests for the fans and to make sure everything runs smooth and hopefully and including successful team.  If the committee of Kilbirnie have looked into it and don't want to go then I think that's the best for their club and back them 100% and would say the same if they wanted to join the pyramid they and any team would get my backing as long as they have looked at all the pros and cons.

Most West Calder fans? How many is that, how much of a swing to change it? You could buy a round and get them all on side.