Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well what's the point in that long term? Surely, if a full pyramid is created, it would be just as easy for the EoSFL to have a link up with the SAFA (or the regional amateur leagues) that would let them tack the ammies on below them with different criteria for grounds and the like. 

Keeping the rump of the juniors there for this reason alone feels like a needless step

Because nobody can force the SJFA or SAFA to disband, they will always be around to some degree (that's why the Welfare FA still exists).

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The juvenile grade eventually disappeared completely. A pyramid should mean an end to grades at the semi-pro level. The sooner all clubs are in the same structure the better.

That was an under age competition.   The SJFA won't disappear, the SAFA won't disappear, my point is they could work together to look after the recreational lower levels of the game, and those clubs who will want to remain Junior.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A pyramid should mean an end to grades at the semi-pro level. The sooner all clubs are in the same structure the better.

This. Although I think the Amatuer FA should probably have a role in the running of those leagues and cups. I would have said the same about the Junior FA until fairly recently.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That was an under age competition.   The SJFA won't disappear, the SAFA won't disappear, my point is they could work together to look after the recreational lower levels of the game, and those clubs who will want to remain Junior.

If there's enough teams to form a WoSFL and there's further loss of members to the EoSFL. When does the Junior Cup become regionalised in the early rounds like the Amateur Cup because there's no more big teams to sustain the existing model?

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I heard that some of the brighter coloured marker pens don't fancy the long trip to the whiteboard on a cold Tuesday evening.

I suppose all the blackboards are in Ayrshire...

If there's enough teams to form a WoSFL and there's further loss of members to the EoSFL. When does the Junior Cup become regionalised in the early rounds like the Amateur Cup because there's no more big teams to sustain the existing model?
Who knows, I was just thinking about where the SJFA goes from here if the WoSFL gets going.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Because nobody can force the SJFA or SAFA to disband, they will always be around to some degree (that's why the Welfare FA still exists).

No one is gonna force the SJFA to disband but if amateurs with ambition are looking to move out of the amateur game into semi-pro then the pyramid leagues should, eventually,  be making moves to facilitate that movement toward them and now some forgotten relic of what remains junior

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Girvan are members of both the SFA and the SJFA.   Is there anything to prevent a West club joining the WoSL, whilst retaining its SJFA membership ........for eligibility reasons regarding ongoing entry into the Junior Cup ?  

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Who knows, I was just thinking about where the SJFA goes from here if the WoSFL gets going.

The SJFA won't disappear right away but it will go at some point. It doesn't run any leagues. Its income will drop. It will lose members more often than not. Some will go amateur, some to a pyramid league and the like.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA won't disappear right away but it will go at some point. It doesn't run any leagues. Its income will drop. It will lose members more often than not. Some will go amateur, some to a pyramid league and the like.

It has plenty of assets, and wouldn't need to pay a full time Secretary nor rent an office at Hampden.

21 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Girvan are members of both the SFA and the SJFA.   Is there anything to prevent a West club joining the WoSL, whilst retaining its SJFA membership ........for eligibility reasons regarding ongoing entry into the Junior Cup ?  

I very much doubt as it stands, a club playing in a senior league would be able to enter the Junior Cup.

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I suppose all the blackboards are in Ayrshire...

To be fair both Kilwinning and Whitletts have played their hand, and I've been told of another who haven't declared but will move. And it isn't Girvan, although I believe they are looking at the floodlight issue.

P..S. Although I don't know the outcome of the meeting there was a proposal at the East Ayrshire Council Cabinet on Wednesday to plug the funding gap for Table's floodlights.k

Edited by RedEd

57 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Given your local knowledge, are you of the view that some of the West Lothian Juniors will apply to join the new West league, rather than remain in the ERJFA, or join the EoSL ?

Also, does anyone know if Glenrothes Strollers have made sufficient improvements to their ground, to make it compliant with EoSL standards ? 

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

To be fair both Kilwinning and Whitletts have played their hand, and I've been told of another who haven't declared but will move. And it isn't Girvan, although I believe they are looking at the floodlight issue.

Irvine Meadow and Darvel have also made supportive statements and tweets so far.

7 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Given your local knowledge, are you of the view that some of the West Lothian Juniors will apply to join the new West league, rather than remain in the ERJFA, or join the EoSL ?

Also, does anyone know if Glenrothes Strollers have made sufficient improvements to their ground, to make it compliant with EoSL standards ? 

I really don't know.  I think some will, but I've not really heard anything that I would hang my hat on.

I noticed the Quest Engineering Cup (i.e. Tayside v North) last 16 took place yesterday. Of course these are cup games, but it seems like the north did well against Tayside - the only games not to go to penalties were those involving the North's First and Second Division teams. Maybe a combined league wouldn't be so bad after all...

Screenshot_2020-02-09 Quest Precision Engineering Cup.png