Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, RedEd said:

There must be some committee members watching BSC v Hibs and thinking their club could have a piece of that.  It's still a trickle in the West but hopefully it'll soon become a steady stream. I'm not convinced it will be a flood. Yet.

Remember this is only the visible tip of the iceberg. A lot of the teams that moved in the east never tweeted about the outcome of their meetings on the subject.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Remember this is only the visible tip of the iceberg. A lot of the teams that moved in the east never tweeted about the outcome of their meetings on the subject.

Very true. I know of one club who haven't declared yet, but are likely to move.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Aye but the downside is you might have to have Hibs supporters at your ground. I suppose that's a minor inconvenience after the money has been counted.

Hibs aren't the worst. Just wait till the Old Firm come calling.

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
24 minutes ago, gogsy said:
Is Rod Petrie sitting anywhere near George Fraser at todays game. emoji4.png

I'm sure they had a chat, not the only LL board member at the game today.

" George , kin ye  no' find Tam Johnston a joab, he's burstin' ma heid?"

49 minutes ago, RedEd said:

There must be some committee members watching BSC v Hibs and thinking their club could have a piece of that.  It's still a trickle in the West but hopefully it'll soon become a steady stream. I'm not convinced it will be a flood. Yet.

I suppose that may change once the LL announce the application and deadline process.

19 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

So from what I can gather from a list of applicants to the WoS: (Will edit this when/ if it does change)

Very Likely/Confirmed Applicants: Clydebank, Kilwinning Rangers, Whitletts Vics, Rutherglen Glencairn

Likely Applicants: Irvine Meadow, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Cumnock, Petershill,

Possible Applicants (that haven't pinned their mast yet): Strathclyde Uni, Oban Saints, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Darvel, Fauldhouse Utd, Rossvale

Don't know: Everyone else

Reluctant: Auchinleck Talbot

Quite Unlikely Applicants: St Anthony's, Kilbirnie Ladeside, 

As we have a HL/LL dividing line, we'll need a West/East dividing line.

Fauldhouse can apply to the EoS First Division Conference like everyone else in West Lothian, and not try to sneak up a level due to their close proximity to the WL/NL border.

3.....2......1.......somebody mentions Harthill.......

57 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

More surprised there haven’t been more back the juniors, loyal to the grade statements. I guess a lot of clubs not showing their hand yet and some will have to canvass opinion with their members and fan bases.

They'll get a sore ar#e if they sit on the fence too long.

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

As we have a HL/LL dividing line, we'll need a West/East dividing line.

Fauldhouse can apply to the EoS First Division Conference like everyone else in West Lothian, and not try to sneak up a level due to their close proximity to the WL/NL border.

3.....2......1.......somebody mentions Harthill.......

At least they are a near literal stone's throw from Lanarkshire and are named after the larger Lanarkshire end of the village despite playing in Greenrigg which is the smaller West Lothian end.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

While much of the focus is rightly on the creation of a WoSFL, we should not downplay the significance of another ERJFA team in Kirkcaldy and Dysart seeking to switch their allegiance to the EoSFL.

With every team that the ERJFA lose, it further weakens their position and voice within the SJFA.   

While much of the focus is rightly on the creation of a WoSFL, we should not downplay the significance of another ERJFA team in Kirkcaldy and Dysart seeking to switch their allegiance to the EoSFL.
With every team that the ERJFA lose, it further weakens their position and voice within the SJFA.   

I’m hearing there may be no fife teams left in ersjfa next year

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
41 minutes ago, BTID said:
Does the stationary move en masse or is it just the pens moving over.

The pens have no interest in the stationary cupboard.

Pencils revolt at being kept captive in the drawer when they can see the benefit of the pencil case 

3 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Pencils revolt at being kept captive in the drawer when they can see the benefit of the pencil case 

Yes, but which grade of lead do these pencils have?

Edited by RedEd