Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Agreed. I think the WRSJFA coming in as a full structure ship has well and truly sailed.

Like the East it will be two league's with all clubs having a choice.

And actually, that's probably best all round and certainly what RP wanted, no one being forced to play in a league they don't want to.

Yes agree with above.

There are junior clubs who want to join the pyramid system
There are junior clubs who do not want to join the pyramid system
There are clubs who do want to join but think it wont work for them due the situation they are in
There are clubs who do not want to join but know they may have to reconsider if certain others join the pyramid.

Right now its in a state of flux but I believe a WOS is coming and I absolutely find no problem with this and if the teams who don't want to join, then I hope they stay and the juniors continue  as they are

8 minutes ago, RobM said:

What does it matter to the Eos and SoS leagues if the West want to get the ball rolling or want to continue the petty demands for a higher placing for the West teams.

It won't happen, no West team should automatically get a higher placing than Bo'ness, Lithgae etc. or start higher than where Bonnyrigg did,  East teams are thriving and it's of little import to them that committees and blazers in Ayrshire, Glasgow etc. are trying frantically to maintain their wee positions of power.

Junior game's a bust flush, even a great tournnament like the Scottish is a shadow of its former self, glorified WoS cup now with the addition of Tayport and Lochee.

Got some sympathy for the Tayside clubs but the West juniors have to  realise it's not exclusively their ball anymore.

Haven't got a clue where this is from
The EOS and SOS don't need A WOS as it means more teams can take some of their places for promotion hopes but both these organisations know that its best for Scottish Football, having more involved with a purpose and the chance of becoming a bigger club
Everyone knows or should know that if a West starts then the main west league will go straight into Tier 6, so that means it will be equal with the EOS top division nd the SOS.
When you say West I take it you mean the junior association.  All that is the junior association officials trying to get the best deal that keeps them in power and quite a few West Teams aint happy with the junior body, especially the way they have handled this pyramid carry on, even the ones who are staying

You would imagine Bonnyton would be interested.

I'd think so too as better geographically which would see an increase in away gates plus it'd raise the clubs profile as from what I've saw coverage in the press is limited due in part to playing in a primarily D&G league plus being slap bang in junior heartland surrounded by some of the biggest west junior clubs.

26 minutes ago, RobM said:

What does it matter to the Eos and SoS leagues if the West want to get the ball rolling or want to continue the petty demands for a higher placing for the West teams.

It won't happen, no West team should automatically get a higher placing than Bo'ness, Lithgae etc. or start higher than where Bonnyrigg did,  East teams are thriving and it's of little import to them that committees and blazers in Ayrshire, Glasgow etc. are trying frantically to maintain their wee positions of power.

Junior game's a bust flush, even a great tournnament like the Scottish is a shadow of its former self, glorified WoS cup now with the addition of Tayport and Lochee.

Got some sympathy for the Tayside clubs but the West juniors have to  realise it's not exclusively their ball anymore.

Eh?

I don't see that the statement I was responding to implies anything about anyone "getting put at a higher level than Lithgae" and nor did I suggest that they should anywhere in my comment either.

Of course, other west teams might want to get in as well as some of the juniors but the latter have of course been the focus of "will west teams go for it and join the seniors?" and I didn't mean any more than that or to exclude non-junior west teams.

Do not read things that aren't there.

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The SoS were siding with the SJFA in the PWG meetings according to some of the stuff that has appeared on here, so think it's definitely just LL and EoS at this point.

The SoS aren't too fussed how this plays out, so I guess they've effectively said to the LL and EoS  "on you go"

Apart from Bonnyton and Glasgow Uni is there any other interest in the WoSFL from outwith the juniors? Apart from some LL teams considering putting reserve sides in is there any other youth/amateur clubs ready and keen to join up as well?

Because I want Morton drawn away to Rothesay Brandane in the Scottish Cup ASAP cheers.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Apart from Bonnyton and Glasgow Uni is there any other interest in the WoSFL from outwith the juniors? Apart from some LL teams considering putting reserve sides in is there any other youth/amateur clubs ready and keen to join up as well?

Because I want Morton drawn away to Rothesay Brandane in the Scottish Cup ASAP cheers.

Keep in mind it's not like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts. BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, Bonnyton Thistle came from the juniors. Who knows who might pop up with a amateur/youth background.

The boundary (no not that one) could come in to play. Someone like Threave or the other bigger south teams might see the WOSFL more financially viable with bigger away attendances. Just a thought?

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Let's remember given this would be tier 6 there would be nothing to stop a Spfl club applying for their reserve/colt team to join. Difficult to say no given precedence has already been set in the SOS. 

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Don't know who registered the domain name today - but looks like Kilwinning are taking a lead

Looks like it was registered this morning. Assuming Clydebank will follow fairly soon in announcing their official interest.

16 minutes ago, morley said:

Let's remember given this would be tier 6 there would be nothing to stop a Spfl club applying for their reserve/colt team to join. Difficult to say no given precedence has already been set in the SOS. 

It's actually really easy to say no. There's no requirement to just accept applicants. The league will eventually run in line with the others as a membership organization that applications pass by a simple majority. 

Hopefully with this being a start up there will be enough interest they won't have to go the reserve team route to pad the numbers.