Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Where do you sign up to join the pied piper XI  put me down for a membership because I'm normal and watch all different levels of football but watch all the buffs games not because they play in the juniors but because that's the TEAM I follow.

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Where do you sign up to join the pied piper XI  put me down for a membership because I'm normal and watch all different levels of football but watch all the buffs games not because they play in the juniors but because that's the TEAM I follow.

You will need to be accepted by lord Burnieman apparently. Probably go on a pilgrimage to Blackburn whilst shouting "I love all football regardless of grade" to have a chance to be accepted... (be careful though as on your way to Blackburn you might pass through certain parts of West Lothian where such an attitude is not appreciated)

Can I ask why the EOS/LL have an issue with the SJFA administrating the discipline? It’s the same rules but being administered by the league rather than the SFA. Don’t the SPFL administer for their leagues?
Does a red card for two bookings now punished with an automatic ban in the Juniors now?

2 minutes ago, John S said:
On 17/08/2019 at 22:33, Arthurlie1981 said:

Can I ask why the EOS/LL have an issue with the SJFA administrating the discipline? It’s the same rules but being administered by the league rather than the SFA. Don’t the SPFL administer for their leagues?

Does a red card for two bookings now punished with an automatic ban in the Juniors now?

Yes.

46 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Evidently. 

Curious you should choose the Pied Piper analogy...the legend has it that 130 children followed him out of Hamelin, into a cave and were never or heard of again. 

If you want to substitute "cave"  for "football forum" and "Hamelin" for "Pie and Bovril" the parallels are remarkable, although I admit it all falls down when the weans show up again a month or two later when it turns out hanging about in a cave with another 129 weans that don't talk to each other is a bit shite.

Overestimated by about 127 there.

35 minutes ago, Marten said:

You will need to be accepted by lord Burnieman apparently. Probably go on a pilgrimage to Blackburn whilst shouting "I love all football regardless of grade" to have a chance to be accepted... (be careful though as on your way to Blackburn you might pass through certain parts of West Lothian where such an attitude is not appreciated)

You’re more than welcome to say what you want in the Wild West of West Lothian, they just won’t agree with you though 🤷‍♂️😂

2 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Welcome aboard 🤣

Burnieman the midfield maestro pulling all the strings!

Gaz5 the no nonsense bite yer legs centre-half.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^circlejerk is an American expression that comes to mind. Ponder this. If you are all so wonderful, why were you not able to convince people on here that the Juniors were not in at tier 6 for 2019-20?

🤦‍♂️ Don’t you start acting stupid too... in a sentence, BECAUSE THE SJFA WANTED THE EAST LEAGUE IN AS WELL AS THE WEST... simple. Also they clearly forgot about the north. Can we leave it at that because this is getting tedious 

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The top SFA officeholders didn't care about having two east feeders or about the Tay boundary and wanted SJFA entry for this season in line with the SJFA's wishes. The EoS and LL were able to block it based on having the right of veto to changes made to the LL entry playoff. 

You’ve answered your own question...

2 feeder leagues in the east

AND

Teams from North of the boundary being in the LL feeder league

THAT is why it was rejected. The LL AND EoS were more than happy to have the West Juniors in at tier 6

Edited by Spyro

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The SJFA are negotiating to enter the Lowland League play-off, which means they have accepted their place at level 6. Unless you think they should be below that?

Entry at Tier 6  for the top West pyramid 'feeder' league, is accepted by the SJFA, and surely by (almost) every poster on here ?  Next season "yes to the West" but only if the PWG sorts out the mess in the East junior region.  

6 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Re: West Juniors at Tier 6. The real question lies with where the South of Scotland League slots in, as none of the clubs in that division seem to be serious about progressing through the ranks and they seem to be poorer than their counterparts in the EOS, will they drop to tier 7, 8 or 9, or hold their current standing.

There's also the issue of LL relegation which seems to be for the moment a bit too restrictive. 1 down seems quite poor, but hopefully with the West Juniors coming on board they could open that up to 2 slots.

With the West Juniors in the pyramid (in 2020/21), It would be reasonable to expect that 2 clubs would gain promotion to the Lowland each year, with 2 clubs being relegated to the EoSL/SoSL/new ex-junior West league, as appropriate.  An EoSL 'round robin' playoff system could be used, if the 3 Tier 6 league champion clubs are all licensed (with floodlights), with the top 2 being promoted.

However IMO, this won't happen in the foreseeable future because the Lowland League clubs will want, in exchange, the SPFL's agreement to one automatic Tier 5 pyramid promotion spot being guaranteed each season, thereby discontinuing the "relegation playoff with SPFL club 42".  (The champion HFL/SLL playoff club would therefore be promoted automatically to the SPFL, replacing "club 42"). 

However, the SPFL clubs are very unlikely to approve this in the short term, both  for self survival reasons, and by enabling them to retain the status quo...............perhaps with some justification, as the Scottish pyramid is still only half formed ?.  

Edited by Robert James
typo error

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^circlejerk is an American expression that comes to mind. Ponder this. If you are all so wonderful, why were you not able to convince people on here that the Juniors were not in at tier 6 for 2019-20?

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I couldn't give a flying one who is to blame what matters now in late 2019 is how this absurd mess gets resolved. 

That’s some change of tone, just because you didn’t get the answer you wanted 🤷‍♂️😂