Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

39 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

True but the SoS primarily caters to a large and relatively remote area that other leagues for the most part (yes I know about Kello) don't have a presence in and probably have no huge desire to start traveling to. They have their niche in other words and most seasons won't have a licensed champion making their tier 6 status a non-issue. Meanwhile the problem the SJFA has is that the North region don't seem to care about being in the pyramid, and the East region may be about to vote in a return to a three way district feeder format that is clearly better suited for feeding into the EoS rather than the LL. At that point how does Tom Johnston maintain the posture that all three regions need to join at the same time at tier 6 when it's only really the West region that both wants to and deserves to?

TJ isn't insisting that all 3 regions have to join at the same time though!

1 hour ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Simply put, this looks like a local amateur league set up. Dearie me.

I think in thinking about it. If it wasn't for all this tier 6 we are in nonsense that's got everyone's back up if these teams want to  play regional football outside the pyramid that's fine but I hink it's sad big clubs like bathgate thistle armadale thistle Fauldhouse utd and whitburn juniors aren't wanting to do more than that.

TJ isn't insisting that all 3 regions have to join at the same time though!

But the vote was for the full juniors to go in to the pyramid not only one region so he is insisting as he is carrying out the will of the clubs. Anything other than that goes against the vote and there would have to be a new vote due to the material change. The outcome may be different in that case.

The junior clubs voted on mass to go. It is not up for a region to decide to go against the will of all clubs. If that is the case then it would be far better to create a set up in the west and let clubs move who want to. To have a situation where you will have the west juniors in the pyramid, the east juniors maybe in the pyramid but the north juniors not in is ridiculous and will make a mockery.

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think the clue in kilbowiebenches comment  is obviously the  have to join at the same time though! Maybe his plan is to get the West in for next season at tier six and work on other two regions for future seasons? Your comments that I have put in bold are correct though.

The North were never going to be going in at the same time! Further down the road perhaps and that’s what was voted for.

There isn’t a mandate for all at the same time or nobody.

Don't think that's accurate about the North region. That one should be a lot of easier to do than the East region, if the HL and NRSJFA both want to get it done, because there is no overlap with a pre-existing tier 6 feeder. Hasn't Ian Maxwell been told that the NRSJFA really don't care about the pyramid, which is why it is only a subgroup of the PWG that is meeting at this point? If the three regions don't all need to join at the same time why would there be a huge push to get the ERSJFA in for next season before the issue of the boundary between the HL and LL can be addressed? It should be easy to get the WRSJFA in first and then sort out the other two later, but that isn't what Tom Johnston is doing at the PWG meetings if the minutes that have appeared on here are to be believed. He definitely seems to be pushing for a complete SJFA entry.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think that's accurate about the North region. That one should be a lot of easier to do than the East region, if the HL and NRSJFA both want to get it done, because there is no overlap with a pre-existing tier 6 feeder. Hasn't Ian Maxwell been told that the NRSJFA really don't care about the pyramid, which is why it is only a subgroup of the PWG that is meeting at this point? If the three regions don't all need to join at the same time why would there be a huge push to get the ERSJFA in for next season before the issue of the boundary between the HL and LL can be addressed? It should be easy to get the WRSJFA in first and then sort out the other two later, but that isn't what Tom Johnston is doing at the PWG meetings if the minutes that have appeared on here are to be believed. He definitely seems to be pushing for a complete SJFA entry.

Of course he’s pushing for all regions to be in but they don’t all NEED to be in at the same time.

Wasn't the mandate to be that the sjfa were working to have the whole sjfa at tier 6, together. I thought that was what the clubs answered in the questionnaire? And that was the official approach undertaken by tj and Co who set out to work towards it, for all junior clubs.

9 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Wasn't the mandate to be that the sjfa were working to have the whole sjfa at tier 6, together. I thought that was what the clubs answered in the questionnaire? And that was the official approach undertaken by tj and Co who set out to work towards it, for all junior clubs.

And that’s what he’s doing!

There is no block on regions going in at different times though much as some would like on here.

But the vote was for the full juniors to go in to the pyramid not only one region so he is insisting as he is carrying out the will of the clubs. Anything other than that goes against the vote and there would have to be a new vote due to the material change. The outcome may be different in that case.

The junior clubs voted on mass to go. It is not up for a region to decide to go against the will of all clubs. If that is the case then it would be far better to create a set up in the west and let clubs move who want to. To have a situation where you will have the west juniors in the pyramid, the east juniors maybe in the pyramid but the north juniors not in is ridiculous and will make a mockery.
Correct. He only has a mandate to move everyone into the Pyramid as a block and keep the SJFA structure intact. It's been like that for a decade or more. That clearly means all in or not in, but no doubt it will be spun in order to avoid an egm.20190221_172619.jpg20190221_172739.jpg

Correct. At no point have Junior clubs been formally asked at AGM whether they agree to the SJFA being split up, with some leagues going Senior and some leagues remaining Junior.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
29 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Correct. At no point have Junior clubs been formally asked at AGM whether they agree to the SJFA being split up, with some leagues going Senior and some leagues remaining Junior.

At no point have they said that one or two regions can’t go in unless the other/others do at the same time! Nice try though.

Thank you Donald Trump [emoji38]
I get that Clydebank want in the Pyramid next season as part of the West Region, but there will be no Junior club who think that they have given TJ a mandate to split-up the SJFA with some leagues going Senior and some staying Junior. The facts speak for themselves, other contributors to this thread dont believe that to be the case either.

Nothing has changed for 20 years on this, and last years questionnaire and agm vote did not suggest the regions would be split if neccesary.

As I said though, I fully expect it to be spun otherwise to avoid an egm given that opinion in the west doesn't appear unified.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I get that Clydebank want in the Pyramid next season as part of the West Region, but there will be no Junior club who think that they have given TJ a mandate to split-up the SJFA with some leagues going Senior and some staying Junior. The facts speak for themselves, other contributors to this thread dont believe that to be the case either.

Nothing has changed for 20 years on this, and last years questionnaire and agm vote did not suggest the regions would be split if neccesary.

As I said though, I fully expect it to be spun otherwise to avoid an egm given that opinion in the west doesn't appear unified.

What a load of utter drivel.

Thr North were never going to go in at the same time.

Nobody is splitting the SJFA either,West,North and East will all still be SJFA members and play in the cup.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Let's say the West Region gets into the pyramid by itself for the 2019-20 season. How does the LL Pyramid Play-off structure get phrased?

Right now it requres the agreement of all parties SFA, Lowland, EoS & SoS.

Does that get changed to SFA, Lowland, EoS, SoS & SJFA or SFA, Lowland, EoS, SoS & WRSJFA?

What a load of utter drivel.
Thr North were never going to go in at the same time.
Nobody is splitting the SJFA either,West,North and East will all still be SJFA members and play in the cup.

Not drivel in the slightest, I've backed it up with evidence. At no point has splitting up the SJFA ever been mentioned. I get you don't want it to be true, but others can look and decide for themselves.