Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Just ignore him, he has some serious issues and shouldnt be allowed near a computer.
There are some who feel its an insult to all that is holy if you consider trying to change any single aspect of junior football and they don’t take too kindly to any club getting ideas above their station or attempting to move on, Kelty were met with the same ire, im sure this initiative will catch on and will win the support of forward thinking clubs, keep at it and good luck!

Thanks mate, I appreciate the support.

4 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

If you're suggesting we are OF fans you couldn't be further from the truth in my case mate.

Probably agree 100% with your posts. Seems a certain poster took a hairy canary when i posted this Colt idea a while back, comrade.

Edited by Glenconner

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

You seem absolutely obsessed, im not who you think. Could you please stop quoting me and making wrong assertions. Have a lovely christmas.

Really you post in the exact same manner calling me the exact same names.

You are fooling nobody.

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Ultimately it's not in his gift - any application would have to be voted in at the AGM. 

Having said that, I'm not sure what this application would bring to the table...I can see the logic of a Gartcairn or Rossvale being admitted- they both had plans in place for home grounds although it took the latter longer than anticipated to come to fruition, and while it hasn't happened to any great extent yet they both have potential fanbases.

They're both viable entities.

In this case there's neither - no home ground in sight, and given the nunbers pulled by the first team playing in either Glasgow or Alloa, one can only imagine what a second string would attract in terms of crowds.

The SJFA would most likely accept BSC but would West Region be so keen ? They have perfect number of clubs for new league set up to begin next season.

Daily Amateurs applied to join in early '90s but a delegation of officials declared their ground not up to scratch. The real reason though was that other Ayrshire clubs were not keen on the travelling and believed that they brought very little to enhance the juniors.

A reminder on what the SPFL have been up to on Colt teams and that it isn't just the Old Firm that are potentially involved even if that's the angle that the Daily Record always talks up:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/spfl-consider-introducing-colt-teams-into-league-system-1-4473517

Glenconner claimed  a while back that six SPFL clubs had expressed an interest:

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 07:55, parkcircus said:

Looks like plans are under way for a West of Scotland league that mirrors the South

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 16:55, kefc said:

Things could be changing fairly soon if what I’m hearing comes to fruition.

A West Of Scotland League to be formed alongside EOS & SOS at level 6. There’s some big big SJFA clubs in the West in discussions just now and have noted their interest in the proposed new league.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 18:35, garrellburn said:

It seems to be an initiative from BSC Glasgow who have sent out a round robin email to West region clubs asking for expressions of interest.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 00:43, Shannon said:

Their manager is Stephen Swift who played in Juniors for Meadow, Kilbirnie and others so knows the high standard of teams in Juniors plus bigger potential attendances and if BSC ever have a poor season or two I reckon would much rather play current West Region Junior teams and not South / East of Scotland teams.

This would be a terrific development.

Would it be possible or desirable to tie it in with the west juniors' current restructure* in time for next season?  If so, it would pretty much take care of the west region of an all-in Scottish football pyramid.  Clubs down the west divisions wouldn't be unduly inconvenienced by it, and there's no senior game in the west to be catered for (aside from the SoS, who are already catered for, in the short term anyway) as there would be in the east.

I'm thinking that teams in the west are currently in the divisions they are on merit, and I wouldn't like to see new clubs or colts teams suddenly appearing on the horizon at the prospect of a new league being established as they seemed to do with the LL.  So would it be better to copy and paste the whole west juniors structure into any West of Scotland League rather than establish a new league that was asking for applications?

http://www.thejuniors.info/2017/07/whitletts-victoria-statement-league-reconstruction/

Edited by RabidAl
Added link re: juniors west restructure

Just ignore him, he has some serious issues and shouldnt be allowed near a computer.
There are some who feel its an insult to all that is holy if you consider trying to change any single aspect of junior football and they don’t take too kindly to any club getting ideas above their station or attempting to move on, Kelty were met with the same ire, im sure this initiative will catch on and will win the support of forward thinking clubs, keep at it and good luck!

Spot on. A reluctance to change is why junior football is getting left behind. And will eventually just die off

On 24/12/2017 at 12:51, Bishoptonbankie said:

You post very similar drivel to that old clown who used to post on here Kilbowie2002 are back hiding under another alias...........sad as feck

Edited by kenny131

On 12/24/2017 at 14:18, LongTimeLurker said:

A reminder on what the SPFL have been up to on Colt teams and that it isn't just the Old Firm that are potentially involved even if that's the angle that the Daily Record always talks up:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/spfl-consider-introducing-colt-teams-into-league-system-1-4473517

Glenconner claimed  a while back that six SPFL clubs had expressed an interest:

So where exactly is this at?  I cant see Colt teams entering at HL and LL Level, therefore it has to be the level below which presumably would be the WoSFL becoming reality.

On 24/12/2017 at 12:03, Hillonearth said:

I did comment on the BSC LL thread once previously and commented as above - if that constitutes a "continued fixation" in your eyes then so be it.

9 times you have commented on BSC in the last 12 months. From the tone in each of those posts I think "continued fixation" is a fair description.

34 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

9 times you have commented on BSC in the last 12 months. From the tone in each of those posts I think "continued fixation" is a fair description.

Wow. You've obviously got time on your hands - that's some Scientology shit right there :)

Without my spending a disproportionate amount of time looking back - I thankfully have a life - I imagine these were oblique references when the subject of the former groundshare came up on various threads or regarding crowd sizes and so on.  Unfortunately your club's name has on occasion come up in connection with mine - sorry if any reference I've made hasn't come across like fellatio in typeface...

I know for a fact however I've only commented explicitly on the issues arising from the groundshare at Lochburn a grand total of twice as i said - three times if you want to count this post. Once earlier in this thread and once in the BSC thread after someone - you? - posted a bit of disinformation that BSC had left solely due to issues with the Lochburn pitch.

Bottom line is although there were some good guys involved with BSC when they were at Lochburn, as an entity I personally believe they acted shabbily over the piece, and while I think a West of Scotland league is potentially a step in the right direction pyramid-wise, my first reaction when I saw the source -perhaps understandably - was "oh, aye - what's in it for them, then...?"

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Wow. You've obviously got time on your hands - that's some Scientology shit right there :)

Without my spending a disproportionate amount of time looking back - I thankfully have a life - I imagine these were oblique references when the subject of the former groundshare came up on various threads or regarding crowd sizes and so on.  Unfortunately your club's name has on occasion come up in connection with mine - sorry if any reference I've made hasn't come across like fellatio in typeface...

I know for a fact however I've only commented explicitly on the issues arising from the groundshare at Lochburn a grand total of twice as i said - three times if you want to count this post. Once earlier in this thread and once in the BSC thread after someone - you? - posted a bit of disinformation that BSC had left solely due to issues with the Lochburn pitch.

Bottom line is although there were some good guys involved with BSC when they were at Lochburn, as an entity I personally believe they acted shabbily over the piece, and while I think a West of Scotland league is potentially a step in the right direction pyramid-wise, my first reaction when I saw the source -perhaps understandably - was "oh, aye - what's in it for them, 

Scientology? FFS its simple arithmetic.   Not once on any of my posts have I posted dis-information. You need to know I am a supporter and not privy to the inner-workings of BSC or any other club. But I do stand by my previous posts. You call us BSC Alloa in one post, gloat in another by hinting at how the Juniors are conspiring to ensure we are kept out of Glasgow. Judging by the comments from other posters about the behaviour of the likes of Tom Johnston looks like your previous comments are on the money.

What I don't get is why does it still upset you so much? You took us to the SFA for arbitration and according to you, you won. So why not let it go, move on. I think as Patches has suggested there was fault on both sides but it only seems to be one side, your side we are going to get to hear about, over and over again. BSC it would appear would rather move on.

As for a West of Scotland league a good idea is a good idea no matter where it comes from. Unless of course it presents an opportunity to have yet another pot shot at BSC.

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Scientology? FFS its simple arithmetic.   Not once on any of my posts have I posted dis-information. You need to know I am a supporter and not privy to the inner-workings of BSC or any other club. But I do stand by my previous posts. You call us BSC Alloa in one post, gloat in another by hinting at how the Juniors are conspiring to ensure we are kept out of Glasgow. Judging by the comments from other posters about the behaviour of the likes of Tom Johnston looks like your previous comments are on the money.

What I don't get is why does it still upset you so much? You took us to the SFA for arbitration and according to you, you won. So why not let it go, move on. I think as Patches has suggested there was fault on both sides but it only seems to be one side, your side we are going to get to hear about, over and over again. BSC it would appear would rather move on.

As for a West of Scotland league a good idea is a good idea no matter where it comes from. Unless of course it presents an opportunity to have yet another pot shot at BSC.

The BSC Alloa thing is a cheap laugh I'll grant you, but you'll find it's far from me alone that's used it - you'd get similar if any team played so far from their home base. As for Junior teams conspiring - there's no grand conspiracy, it's simply down to other sides seeing our - and Ashfield's - experiences and subsequent reluctance to enter into similar arrangements.

Incidentally. I initially had no intentions whatsoever of explicitly airing any dirty laundry over on the BSC thread - I was simply refuting the claim that the pitch issues were the sole reason for BSC vacating the place until you waded in with your size twelves and called me out on it. I took the trouble to check back - this ring a bell?

"I love how people "in the know" come on here and hint at knowing something but never tell you what it is. If you want to use words like disingenuous Hillonearth, how about trivialising a club being unable to play a home game for almost 4 months because of a leaky bit of grass. If we had stayed at Lochburn I think we could have got sponsorship from Deep Sea World. "

When it comes down to it, it's on you...

22 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The BSC Alloa thing is a cheap laugh I'll grant you, but you'll find it's far from me alone that's used it - you'd get similar if any team played so far from their home base. As for Junior teams conspiring - there's no grand conspiracy, it's simply down to other sides seeing our - and Ashfield's - experiences and subsequent reluctance to enter into similar arrangements.

Incidentally. I initially had no intentions whatsoever of explicitly airing any dirty laundry over on the BSC thread - I was simply refuting the claim that the pitch issues were the sole reason for BSC vacating the place until you waded in with your size twelves and called me out on it. I took the trouble to check back - this ring a bell?

"I love how people "in the know" come on here and hint at knowing something but never tell you what it is. If you want to use words like disingenuous Hillonearth, how about trivialising a club being unable to play a home game for almost 4 months because of a leaky bit of grass. If we had stayed at Lochburn I think we could have got sponsorship from Deep Sea World. "

When it comes down to it, it's on you...

How's that pitch working out for you now?

For someone with a life its good to see you found the time to dig out one of my old posts.

The Ashfield thing you keep raising. My understanding was the pitch was too small and it would have required significant investment to meet SFA criteria also worth mentioning we never actually played there, ever. Also the points raised about the pitch at lochburn were valid and at no point ever did I suggest that was the only reason for our parting of the waves. Sorry ways.

But any opportunity to have a rant about BSC is too good to miss eh?