Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

25 minutes ago, jc1 said:
32 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
I thought ersjfa have had a meeting surely your club knows what happened 

As far as I know we have submitted a very reasonable and workable solution for next season. That's as much as I know at the moment what I do know is current set up won't be for us next season. With only ourselves and whitburn it's impossible financially with travel crowds also supporters travelling has dropped

The only alternatives seems to be two large 18 team regions, Tayside and WL/Fife.  If they stick with a Superleague set-up then surely that still involves a lot of trips to Tayside, only one team will go up from the South (Pumpherston), with I think the possibility of a second via a play-off (or another Tayside team)?  So if that is the plan, it will only see a maximum of 4 clubs from WL, possibly only 3.

Either way, it doesn't sound the type of thing they'd do if entry to the Pyramid was a done deal.

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So your first post what is a fairly detailed plan of what happens next which you have learned from the West Region meeting, and so confident of it are you, you have a dig at me. Now you're backtracking by saying it's all just what you think will happen in order to avoid answering fairly obvious questions of how they managed to get agreement, right oh  :lol:

At the end of the day, I hope that a West solution has been found that allows them to enter the Pyramid in spite of the issues in the East, as I said that would require a change of policy by the SJFA, but hopefully they've found a solution which they think all members of the PWG will agree to. A major step towards full integration.

I'm fair looking forward to this thread later tonight or early tomorrow after the news comes filtering out of tonight's meeting of the West Region clubs at Hampden.

Fully expecting Burnieman to go into melt-down after all his scaremongering and anti-junior shit-stirring comes back and smacks him right in his arse.

Here's what I reckon is on the cards for tonight -

Clubs informed that they are now part of the SFA Pyramid and will be in at level 6 - Premiership, Level 7 - Championship, Level 8 - League 1 and Level 9 - League 2.

No need for any more talk of a WoSL, SFA won't sanction it.

Clubs that get a licence and win the Premiership will enter play-offs for promotion into LL.

Clydebank will stay put because the route back to the 'Senior Leagues' has now been provided and this satisfies their AGM decision.

League reconstruction will be discussed to allow for an early finish of the Premiership leaders for the purposes of the play-offs.

Discipline procedures will be aligned with the SFA.

Backtracking?

I've highlighted the bit you choose to ignore.

The only thing I know is that there is a meeting for the West Clubs tonight. The rest is guesswork from what I can gather from talking to people that are interested in the Pyramid. Of which there's not really a lot of.

For now let's just cancel the Burnie Meltown till later, till we see what transpires.

Backtracking?
The only thing I know is that there is a meeting for the West Clubs tonight. The rest is guesswork from what I can gather from talking to people that are interested in the Pyramid. Of which there's not really a lot of.
For now let's just cancel the Burnie Meltown till later, till we see what transpires.

Complete guesswork? Thanks for the clarification.

Fingers crossed there's positive news for west clubs [emoji106]

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Backtracking?

Don't need to guess we know you are a w****r

The only alternatives seems to be two large 18 team regions, Tayside and WL/Fife.  If they stick with a Superleague set-up then surely that still involves a lot of trips to Tayside, only one team will go up from the South (Pumpherston), with I think the possibility of a second via a play-off (or another Tayside team)?  So if that is the plan, it will only see a maximum of 4 clubs from WL, possibly only 3.
Either way, it doesn't sound the type of thing they'd do if entry to the Pyramid was a done deal.

Two regional leagues with a play off to determine who would be champions and enter the LL play off seems a good idea. Travelling costs would be cut and there would more local games and all clubs would be in tier 6. Maybe it would encourage some teams in Fife to return to the ERJFA.

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Two regional leagues with a play off to determine who would be champions and enter the LL play off seems a good idea. Travelling costs would be cut and there would more local games and all clubs would be in tier 6. Maybe it would encourage some teams in Fife to return to the ERJFA.

Not if your not in at tier 6.

5 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

18 team leagues = 34 league games, no promotion or relegation to fight for, no room for new applicants unless you split into very small divisions of 9 or 10.  No sure that would work somehow, and of course no Pyramid access.

9 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

If you got in at tier 6 how would u get an 18 team leagues and playoff done for April don't think so. Think the reality would be they know they aren't tier 6

14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Don't need to guess we know you are a w****r

Well done sir. One of my hobbies is indeed w***ing. I'm a member of our local Ramblers association and we go for w**ks on most Sundays. I particularly love w***ing along Loch Lomondside and the Trossachs. Perhaps you would care to join me on one of our w**ks, I'm sure I'd be able to show you a good w**k.

Remember that the east juniors are wanting to increase their membership.
That does not go hand in hand with cutting the leagues from 3 to 2.
Fauldhouse by definition of jc statement will have to move.
Staying east juniors whether in pyramid or not will be identical to this season barring relegation.

On Burnie point that west juniors could not move en masse without the east juniors into pyramid.

I agree in theory but the hierarchy don't appear to have created the path for the north juniors no matter how obvious it seems.

So when we say all juniors, do we really mean all 3 regions ?

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

On Burnie point that west juniors could not move en masse without the east juniors into pyramid.

I agree in theory but the hierarchy don't appear to have created the path for the north juniors no matter how obvious it seems.

That's what the clubs voted for so to change it would require another vote presumably 

That's what the clubs voted for so to change it would require another vote presumably 

Even Larry has been unable to factually state through even an email that the north juniors WILL join the pyramid next season.

Without the north joining the west cannot currently join.

Presumably I can state this as fact then ?

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Even going by the Iain Maxwell's email the issue of HFL and North Region was only referred to something along the lines of on going discussions.

Even Larry has been unable to factually state through even an email that the north juniors WILL join the pyramid next season.Without the north joining the west cannot currently join.
Presumably I can state this as fact then ?

that would be the assumed case as the SJFA represent all 130 clubs in its membership at the PWG. The individual regions themselves dont sit at the PWG.

In amongst the misunderstandings and guess work that has surrounded this for months I genuinely fear that we will never reach an agreement. There is a need for a wosfl to feed the LL that rivals the eosfl, that is clear for me. What I think the sjfa are going to do is use the disagreement in the east to self preserve and say 'we tried to do what you asked for (all at tier 6) but the seniors didn't want it'. And that for me is the most worrying aspect in all of this. 

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

For us (Fauldhouse utd) we need clarity asap to what's happening with the east juniors set up. For me personally I need to know for planning for next season especially being our centenary season. My only concern is my clubs existence and if the east just stays as is just now then that s not for us going forward and waiting till end of March ain't an option I've expressed strongly to my club we can't wait till then when it will be to late to move ECT

Not sure you can get real clarity until you know how many teams will be in both the EOS and East Juniors. The question is, what would it take for you to join the EOS, or remain in the Juniors?

As for your centenary season, could be a perfect time to both reflect on your past but also look ahead and embrace the future. Other teams have done the same in their statements when leaving for the EOS.

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

If some teams return to the Juniors wouldn't there be too many clubs to just have two regional leagues?

And could you tell us which Fife teams would return? Crossgates - not if they are in the EOS Premier. St Andrews - being audited for their licence so doubt it. Burntisland, Inverkeithing - no. Dundonald, HoB - unlikely as also planning to get a licence. Oakley - no near neighbours so probably not.

Surely more likely that Rosyth, Kirkcaldy, Lochore and Lochgelly would move to the EOS to play those listed above, and so they don't have to make as many trips to West Lothian?

If some teams return to the Juniors wouldn't there be too many clubs to just have two regional leagues?
And could you tell us which Fife teams would return? Crossgates - not if they are in the EOS Premier. St Andrews - being audited for their licence so doubt it. Burntisland, Inverkeithing - no. Dundonald, HoB - unlikely as also planning to get a licence. Oakley - no near neighbours so probably not.
Surely more likely that Rosyth, Kirkcaldy, Lochore and Lochgelly would move to the EOS to play those listed above, and so they don't have to make as many trips to West Lothian?
To stay in the juniors we need more local games is the bottom line of it from my point of view. Ultimately the club has the final decision on our future but for me being centenary year you are right maybe a good time for reflection and make the right decision so we are about for another 100years

43 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

If you include Tayport as a Fife club, there's 9 in the ERJFA, in the EoS there's 7.  Next season you'll likely have 2 or 3 in the EoS Premier, the remainder in the Conferences, so potentially if that ever happened, you'd have 13 or 14 Fife clubs at tier 7.  That's the easy answer if Fife clubs are looking for more local matches.  It's exactly the same scenario for West Lothian clubs.

Edited by Burnie_man