Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
10 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
I doubt very much if the SFA gives a damn about 2 feeder leagues in the East. There will effectively be 2 feeders in the west if you consider that the SoSL comes into it.
I don't get why everyone is so scared of the East Region feeder. Seemingly, those clubs that are left in it won't get anywhere near the LL.

the SOSL covers D&G the west region doesnt (there are two outliers in Bonnyton & Kello). Having the EOS & ERJFA is much different as there is clear geographical encroaching by something like 20 clubs.

and the problem is?

The last PWG meeting was early January, where there was no agreement, and indeed the words “stalemate” and “impasse” have been used to describe progress.

There has been no further PWG meetings

In order for there to be changes for next season, the PWG have to be in agreement to change the play-off system. There’s been no agreement as no plan has been presented for discussion.

The SJFA’s negotiating position is with the Junior game as a whole, so they can’t negotiate for West inclusion next season, whilst leaving East (and North) out of it.  They’d probably need an EGM to change that position.

If the SJFA’s position has changed, great, but if you look back at this posters last contributions to this thread and look at what he is claiming, treat with caution.  Junior troll Midge was the first to respond, make of that what you will.

13 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Because he's been desperately trying to instigate a breakaway in the West by scaremongering teams into believing that there will be no entry for the juniors. He's also scared that this will also signal to the East Region that they will also be in at tier 6. Which in turn may lead to some of those that left last year having a re-think about their own situation.

Your post about the West Region meeting was positive, informative, and hopefully accurate. Burnieman acknowledged this in his post above.

Yesterday's WR Management Meeting was not about the ER, so it seems that you are now the one  doing the "stirring".  If and when, there is a similar East Region meeting, we can reflect on the outcome, and the subsequent official endorsement that would follow from the SFA/PWG (and SJFA).  

Pyramid clarity is essential, whereas "stirring" causes division which undermines progress on all sides. 

and the problem is?

clubs barely a few miles apart in the same county will be playing in different league systems. Furthermore this occurs nowhere else on such a scale so why should it be allowed in the east. It'd also give the eastern part of the lowlands two promotion oppertunities whereas the rest get one. Its fairly academic though as I dont see the East juniors getting in due the EOS veto & rumoured ERJFA restructuring which indicates they won't be getting in.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The last PWG meeting was early January, where there was no agreement, and indeed the words “stalemate” and “impasse” have been used to describe progress.

There has been no further PWG meetings

In order for there to be changes for next season, the PWG have to be in agreement to change the play-off system. There’s been no agreement as no plan has been presented for discussion.

The SJFA’s negotiating position is with the Junior game as a whole, so they can’t negotiate for West inclusion next season, whilst leaving East (and North) out of it.  They’d probably need an EGM to change that position.

If the SJFA’s position has changed, great, but if you look back at this posters last contributions to this thread and look at what he is claiming, treat with caution.  Junior troll Midge was the first to respond, make of that what you will.

I'm not 'claiming' anything. I'm offering my opinion. An opinion that you disagreed with, so much so, that you labelled me as insane.

You, meanwhile, hold on to the belief that it 'can't happen' because it doesn't fit with your dream of a new WoSL.

But, as I 'claimed' earlier, I shall look forward to the revelations from tonight's meeting. If I'm wrong, I'll apologise and I shall never question your 'claims' again.

I'm not 'claiming' anything. I'm offering my opinion. An opinion that you disagreed with, so much so, that you labelled me as insane. You, meanwhile, hold on to the belief that it 'can't happen' because it doesn't fit with your dream of a new WoSL.

But, as I 'claimed' earlier, I shall look forward to the revelations from tonight's meeting. If I'm wrong, I'll apologise and I shall never question your 'claims' again.

Feel free mate. I think people have already said inc myself, that the West moving into the Pyramid is to be welcomed. I've said why that cant happen in isolation as the SJFA dont want it to happen. They want the whole game to move as one.

You seem to claim inside knowledge, so maybe expand on that point and tell us how that can happen? Also detail when the PWG agreed to this. We're all ears.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Feel free mate. I think people have already said inc myself, that the West moving into the Pyramid is to be welcomed.

Ive said why that cant happen in isolation as the SJFA dont want it to happen. They want the whole gsme to move as one.

You seem to claim inside knowledge, so maybe expand on that point and tell us how that can happen? Also detail when the PWG agreed to this. We're all ears.

I never realised you were on the PWG?

For us (Fauldhouse utd) we need clarity asap to what's happening with the east juniors set up. For me personally I need to know for planning for next season especially being our centenary season. My only concern is my clubs existence and if the east just stays as is just now then that s not for us going forward and waiting till end of March ain't an option I've expressed strongly to my club we can't wait till then when it will be to late to move ECT

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:

For us (Fauldhouse utd) we need clarity asap to what's happening with the east juniors set up. For me personally I need to know for planning for next season especially being our centenary season. My only concern is my clubs existence and if the east just stays as is just now then that s not for us going forward and waiting till end of March ain't an option I've expressed strongly to my club we can't wait till then when it will be to late to move ECT

I thought ersjfa have had a meeting surely your club knows what happened 

As far as I know we have submitted a very reasonable and workable solution for next season. That's as much as I know at the moment what I do know is current set up won't be for us next season. With only ourselves and whitburn it's impossible financially with travel crowds also supporters travelling has dropped

7 minutes ago, jc1 said:
14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

As far as I know we have submitted a very reasonable and workable solution for next season. That's as much as I know at the moment what I do know is current set up won't be for us next season. With only ourselves and whitburn it's impossible financially with travel crowds also supporters travelling has dropped

Is that the two 18 team leagues?  Still think you'd all bwell better in eosfl 

35 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Feel free mate. I think people have already said inc myself, that the West moving into the Pyramid is to be welcomed. I've said why that cant happen in isolation as the SJFA dont want it to happen. They want the whole game to move as one.

There you go again with the 'claims' thing. I'm claiming nothing unlike yourself.

You're the one that seems to have insider knowledge given your post regarding PWG

I clearly posted -  'Here's what I reckon is on the cards'.

I'm happy to wait and see what, if anything comes out tonight.

20 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Join the West Region. Everything's rosy over here.

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'm fair looking forward to this thread later tonight or early tomorrow after the news comes filtering out of tonight's meeting of the West Region clubs at Hampden.

Fully expecting Burnieman to go into melt-down after all his scaremongering and anti-junior shit-stirring comes back and smacks him right in his arse.

Here's what I reckon is on the cards for tonight -

Clubs informed that they are now part of the SFA Pyramid and will be in at level 6 - Premiership, Level 7 - Championship, Level 8 - League 1 and Level 9 - League 2.

No need for any more talk of a WoSL, SFA won't sanction it.

Clubs that get a licence and win the Premiership will enter play-offs for promotion into LL.

Clydebank will stay put because the route back to the 'Senior Leagues' has now been provided and this satisfies their AGM decision.

League reconstruction will be discussed to allow for an early finish of the Premiership leaders for the purposes of the play-offs.

Discipline procedures will be aligned with the SFA.

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I clearly posted -  'Here's what I reckon is on the cards'.

So your first post what is a fairly detailed plan of what happens next which you have learned from the West Region meeting, and so confident of it are you, you have a dig at me. Now you're backtracking by saying it's all just what you think will happen in order to avoid answering fairly obvious questions of how they managed to get agreement, right oh  :lol:

At the end of the day, I hope that a West solution has been found that allows them to enter the Pyramid in spite of the issues in the East, as I said that would require a change of policy by the SJFA, but hopefully they've found a solution which they think all members of the PWG will agree to. A major step towards full integration.