Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 26/03/2018 at 20:58, Kilbowie Benches said:

Should have been done 5 years ago!

EoSL won’t accept the East Juniors as equals so how do the Juniors get around that?

Theyd be tier 6 in the West but 7 in the east?

On 27/03/2018 at 09:18, Kilbowie Benches said:

It’s all too late for the SJFA.

They can only fit in underneath a West Of Scotland Senior League once it’s set up.

What's changed KB?

8 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

But all the clubs are members of another association and if it didn’t work out where would they go? Back to the Juniors to the bottom of the pile?

I understand that but if it had decent clubs in it, it wouldn’t fail. Granted there would be no relegation at the beginning but if it was a success it would grow more divisions like the east. 

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

I understand that but if it had decent clubs in it, it wouldn’t fail. Granted there would be no relegation at the beginning but if it was a success it would grow more divisions like the east. 

It's the same pitiful scare story that was doing the rounds when the Lowland League was being talked about, if you leave and it all fails, you'll need to start at the bottom again. History repeating itself.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's the same pitiful scare story that was doing the rounds when the Lowland League was being talked about, if you leave and it all fails, you'll need to start at the bottom again. History repeating itself.

The SFA don’t see the need for a WoSL because they want the West Juniors in.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA have moved things along with the PWG.

SFA haven't moved anything

You understood back then that the EoS would never accept the ERJFA at the same level in the Pyramid, and you said that the SJFA could only slot in underneath a West of Scotland League. Two very valid points of view that you seem to have reversed on.

On 08/04/2018 at 20:03, Kilbowie Benches said:

Those who want to stay Junior and outside of the pyramid shouldn’t be forced into something that they dont want!

All that needs to happen is for a West Of Scotland League to be set up similar to the EoS for those clubs that want to leave and join the pyramid.

You'll get no argument from me on that one!

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yet, you now accuse the EoS of disrupting things..........what's changed?

For goodness sake it’s all changed! 

The SFA want the the East and West Juniors in at tier 6.

Why is that hard to understand?

The SJFA have voted to join now and that’s whats happening,no matter what you or anyone else thinks or hopes.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA want the the East and West Juniors in st tier 6.

It's hard to understand why you've suddenly changed your tune, quite enlightening. Anyway point made.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA hsve agreed to let the Juniors in and wouldn’t entertain a WoSL.

That's a bit misleading. Everyone on the PWG agreed provisionally to the Juniors coming in to the pyramid, it's just there were conditions set to that okay. Matching up rules and regulations being the one across the board, and the EoS having their additional concerns as well.

It has never been solely down to the SFA giving the okay.

16 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA want the the East and West Juniors in at tier 6.

The SJFA have voted to join now and that’s whats happening,no matter what you or anyone else thinks or hopes.

Great... is it too much to ask for a definite, unequivocal statement from the SFA confirming that the west region juniors will be in at Tier 6 of the pyramid starting next season?

Say within the next week or so? 

I haven’t changed anything.I never thought that the Juniors would vote to join the pyramid but they did.
The Juniors voted to join the Pyramid before the mass exodus to the East of Scotland League - wasn't there 72% or something in favour? I'd also suggest that "The SFA want the Juniors to join at Tier 6" is overstating things somewhat. The SFA want a Pyramid, they'd like the best teams at the highest level (both in terms of playing side and ground, and fanbase probably) but couldn't care less where they come from.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
56 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
I haven’t changed anything.I never thought that the Juniors would vote to join the pyramid but they did.

The Juniors voted to join the Pyramid before the mass exodus to the East of Scotland League - wasn't there 72% or something in favour? I'd also suggest that "The SFA want the Juniors to join at Tier 6" is overstating things somewhat. The SFA want a Pyramid, they'd like the best teams at the highest level (both in terms of playing side and ground, and fanbase probably) but couldn't care less where they come from.

The vote was at the AGM so that’s a no.

Its not overstating anything,read the e mail from Maxwell.

Ive had enough of this now as it just silly.

We’ll see what happens.

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Vote was taken in a survey with three options well before the AGM was it not?

It was, end of February last year or thereabouts, there was even a thread about how Talbot voted, started by some gadgie......