Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, KarlMarx said:

Where you going to get the supporters from?

You didn't seem to have many for ypur first team when we played you.

Any I spoke to had relatives in the team and would go elsewhere if their relatives moved on.

Its obviously been difficult in terms of that playing in Alloa, however I have to say Alloa have been tremendous with us.

In an ideal World we love more people there, but we are realistic and not getting hung up on it.

the key to everything is getting back to Glasgow, something that we work on every day.

2 minutes ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

Its obviously been difficult in terms of that playing in Alloa, however I have to say Alloa have been tremendous with us.

In an ideal World we love more people there, but we are realistic and not getting hung up on it.

the key to everything is getting back to Glasgow, something that we work on every day.

You still won't have any fans.

Which was the problem with your cobbled together LL.

You don't want spfl colt teams yet you are happy to have glorified youth clubs in the fith tier of pro football.

Edited by KarlMarx

2 minutes ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

BSC would like to have a range of teams across all levels of football, meaning a place for everyone to play dependant on their level. It has always seemed to us that the next logical step in the Pyramid was a West League.  West teams who want a shot at the pyramid have to travel to Dumfries etc every second week? It doesn’t make financial sense. I am also sure the well run teams in the current SOS league would welcome not having to travel up to Glasgow etc.

Christmas obviously must be the time for coming together as you'll get no arguments there... 

I find it slightly worrying that the concept is being floated by a club - any club, lest you think I'm fixating (!)- rather than the organisations involved though. It suggests there may not actually be appetite for change at Hampden.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

Christmas obviously must be the time for coming together as you'll get no arguments there... 

I find it slightly worrying that the concept is being floated by a club - any club, lest you think I'm fixating (!)- rather than the organisations involved though. It suggests there may not actually be appetite for change at Hampden.

:) I am old enough to realise this is only football, and never take it personally.

You are correct, it will take a seismic shift at HQ to get this through, but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport ring a bell?

What’s your problem with youth teams? Is that not the way to build teams, from within?  

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there isn’t a lot of money in Scottish football, so why not produce your own players?

Just now, Patches O'Houlihan said:

What’s your problem with youth teams? Is that not the way to build teams, from within?  

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there isn’t a lot of money in Scottish football, so why not produce your own players?

Nothing wrong with it but teqms like your own are youth clubs and should stick to it.

You don't have the ground or fanbase to be a pro team.

Stick to what you are good at.

Just now, KarlMarx said:

Nothing wrong with it but teqms like your own are youth clubs and should stick to it.

You don't have the ground or fanbase to be a pro team.

Stick to what you are good at.

Nothing like welcoming progression and look to the future eh? I bet you are away to watch The Grinch this afternoon. :)

1 minute ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

I believe we have never commented on the colt teams?

My point is people are up in arms about colt teams yet are happy to have clubs from youth setups with no ground and no fans in tier 5.

Anyway merry xmas we'll agree to disagree.

I'm off to work.