• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

12 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'd suggest that they probably aren't that interested in Scottish football.
I don't think I've ever met a Scottish football fan that didn't know who and what the Juniors are.

Exactly.

12 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I agree. As a fan of a senior team who watches Juniors too, I'd much rather see Junior teams with history and supporters in the pyramid rather than the glorified boys clubs that populate much 3/16 of the Lowland league.

FTFY but keep trying haufdaft!

I hear that BSC play to "crowds" of less than 20 at Alloa.

The credibility of the LL will not improve whilst clubs like BSC,Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport are in it.

The fact that Edusport are anywhere near it is a total joke.

14 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

I hear that BSC play to "crowds" of less than 20 at Alloa.

The credibility of the LL will not improve whilst clubs like BSC,Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport are in it.

The fact that Edusport are anywhere near it is a total joke.

I find your obsession with BSC funny, Infact I take great joy in the knowledge that our existence annoys you so much. 

Your first statement is wrong, but I'll let you go with what you "hear". Of course our first choice is to play in Glasgow, but the simple facts are that procuring land is not that easy in the area.

Why shouldn't new clubs be allowed to enter into things? Were Clydebank created with a ready made history? Your views reflect on a wider opinion that only long established clubs are credible. So what do New teams do, just give up and not try it. Where is the long term thinking in that?

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

People criticise BSCG, Cumbernauld and Edusport but somewhat simplistically.

Cumbernauld are a huge long-standing youth and amateur club. They're the main tenants and users of Broadwood (which Clyde wants to leave). They've already began building up a support and are clearly a viable outfit. They've finished quite high in LL and even qualified for SPFL Challenge Cup last season... They eliminated Auchinleck Talbot from the Scottish Cup. I was at the South Challenge Cup Final last month and they brought through hundreds of fans. They're doing perfectly well.

Edusport have won their way in by promotion: they're licensed, they won SOS league, they had a right to ascend. If the Juniors were in the pyramid that may well have been different.

BSCG is harder to defend due to the ground situation, granted, playing first at Ashfield then at Maryhill and now at Alloa. (They did take Auchinleck to a Scottish Cup replay though).

FTFY but keep trying haufdaft!

Who would you say the three are?
The ones with no history or supporters our the ones with history and no supporters.

My opinion is I'd rather watch Juniors with supporters and history. What's wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

People criticise BSCG, Cumbernauld and Edusport but somewhat simplistically.

Cumbernauld are a huge long-standing youth and amateur club. They're the main tenants and users of Broadwood (which Clyde wants to leave). They've already began building up a support and are clearly a viable outfit. They've finished quite high in LL and even qualified for SPFL Challenge Cup last season... They eliminated Auchinleck Talbot from the Scottish Cup. I was at the South Challenge Cup Final last month and they brought through hundreds of fans. They're doing perfectly well.

Edusport have won their way in by promotion: they're licensed, they won SOS league, they had a right to ascend. If the Juniors were in the pyramid that may well have been different.

BSCG is harder to defend due to the ground situation, granted, playing first at Ashfield then at Maryhill and now at Alloa. (They did take Auchinleck to a Scottish Cup replay though).

We never played at Ashfield HJ.

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The ones with no history or supporters our the ones with history and no supporters.

My opinion is I'd rather watch Juniors with supporters and history. What's wrong with that?

It's back to the chicken-n-egg again though.

If the Juniors won't join the pyramid, it's reliant on seniors + whoever is prepared to move in from other grades, and it'll be easier to "do an Edusport".

1 minute ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

We never played at Ashfield HJ.

Fair - joined intending to use Ashfield, then relocated to Maryhill before the first game.

Cumbernauld Colts I have less of an issue with, at least they have a home ground and play in the area they represent.

BSC and Edusport on the other hand are a farce and highlight one major flaw with the licencing scheme, you don't need a home ground anywhere near the area you're supposed to be from.  That should be one of the cornerstones of club licencing.

It's back to the chicken-n-egg again though.

If the Juniors won't join the pyramid, it's reliant on seniors + whoever is prepared to move in from other grades, and it'll be easier to "do an Edusport".

Fully agree

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Apologies, I forgot Edu makes 4.

Did Clyde actually start with history and support then?

Seriously though, the East-West issue behind all this needs rectified, as the LL was seen as EOS under another name. IMO there's too much prejudice against the LL as I doubt many people in the West have any experience of the LL beyond these boys clubs as you call them. I watch a fair bit of Juniors too and I come through for games. The West Super Premier is an excellent 'product' and as most people say there should be a West/East split.

Apologies, I forgot Edu makes 4.
Did Clyde actually start with history and support then?
Seriously though, the East-West issue behind all this needs rectified, as the LL was seen as EOS under another name. IMO there's too much prejudice against the LL as I doubt many people in the West have any experience of the LL beyond these boys clubs as you call them. I watch a fair bit of Juniors too and I come through for games. The West Super Premier is an excellent 'product' and as most people say there should be a West/East split.

You are correct, Clyde started with no history or support.
We formed in a highly populated area in Bridgeton, before half the old firm were formed, when football was growing rapidly.
That's not the case now with the "new teams"
It will be much harder to establish themselves.

Patches,you  played in front of an attendance of 18 at a home game in Alloa.

Thst is a fact as the person I spoke to was there and counted them!

15 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Patches,you  played in front of an attendance of 18 at a home game in Alloa.

Thst is a fact as the person I spoke to was there and counted them!

I have been to every home game, and I'll say it straight out, your "friend"is lying! Can you ask him for the game details and I will confirm this?

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

All this rage at 'new teams '(which somehow some of our oldest football clubs are bundled in with) always seems pretty arrogant tbh.

It seems that unless you meet some undefined criteria you can't be considered a 'proper football club'

If you organize a team to play football matches then you are a 'proper club'

We have a licensing criteria, most of which is pretty fair generally, and as long as you can achieve the standard for the league you play in and can achieve the results so you avoid relegation then you absolutely deserve to be there.

1 hour ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

I have been to every home game, and I'll say it straight out, your "friend"is lying! Can you ask him for the game details and I will confirm this?

v Selkirk how many paid in?

We were a joke club run by imbeciles who wanted to relocate the club at that time.Not starting up and trying to kid on we were a real football club!

Crowds at Greenock were lamentable but massive compared to what those imposters at BSC get! 

They really are a joke,spending money on a football team that nobody watches off the back of charging for kids coaching for the likes of netball!

In what way are they pretending?!

They play there games under the same rules as you do on a pitch.

It's not like they play there games on FIFA ffs