• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

I don’t think your senior until you reach the lowland & highland league , are the eos & sos leagues not just an affiliation to the Sfa ?

They fall under the community board of the SFA like the juniors do, while the LL and HL fall under the professional game board. It's not clear at this point (neither Burnieman or locheeboy have convincingly proved their assertions on this subject) that the EoS has the ability to block another community board level league with on overlapping geographical catchment from entering the pyramid at tier 6.

There is no way they can have the current east juniors at the same level as east of Scotland at tier 6.  Unless they go with another conference style set up

10 hours ago, sniffer said:

I don’t think your senior until you reach the lowland & highland league , are the eos & sos leagues not just an affiliation to the Sfa ?

The SPFL, LL, HL, EOS, SOS and NCL are all senior leagues.

There is no way they can have the current east juniors at the same level as east of Scotland at tier 6.  Unless they go with another conference style set up

Yes it can the SFA rule. The idea is insane but the SFA have agreed with the SJFA possibly to get the pyramid nationwide how it will evolve in years to come remains to be seen.

Another issue is the ERJFA top flight is 12 teams playing 22 games. The other 3 leagues are 16 playing 30 games. If said lunacy goes ahead could they get 4 clubs to make the step up in in the interest of uniformity across all feeders?

Yes it can the SFA rule. The idea is insane but the SFA have agreed with the SJFA possibly to get the pyramid nationwide how it will evolve in years to come remains to be seen.

Source?

They're not Junior, Juvenile or Amateur so what are they? That's right - Senior!
Presumably nobody will be senior next year.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They fall under the community board of the SFA like the juniors do, while the LL and HL fall under the professional game board. It's not clear at this point (neither Burnieman or locheeboy have convincingly proved their assertions on this subject) that the EoS has the ability to block another community board level league with on overlapping geographical catchment from entering the pyramid at tier 6.

They obviously don't have "the ability to block" anything, given that the SFA administer the pyramid structure. However, they have the ability to advocate for their members at the PWG, which is what they are doing.

Pinch of salt comes to mind. The next PWG meeting is due in January, and as far as I am aware there were no agreements made at the one last month (hence still no statement). The LL/HL boundary hasn't moved either.

Now the SFA could run roughshod over the opinions of the EoS in favour of the SJFA, and also ignore the boundary I suppose, but will they? We'll see.

I suppose the one thing that the EoS has in terms of being able to block a decision is the 3 way agreement between the LL, EoS and SoS with regards to promotion and relegation.

On 31/10/2018 at 16:31, Pyramidic said:

Can you tell us what the position is re Glasgow University and the pyramid Robert? Do they intend to join the WR, SoS or remain as they are?

Would the University be prepared to start at Tier 9 in the WR?

I have answered this question several times before.

I am not a spokesperson for Glasgow Uni. My university days were 40 years ago.  The proposals, if they come to fruition in the West, gives them a problem, primarily related to their ground. The Uni's sports complex is very good, but it caters for a wide range of sports, of which football is only one. To meet SFA ground licensing requirements, would threaten some of the other activities, which as I understand it, are very well supported by students. They have 4 football teams playing competitive  football, at Glasgow Amateur level, and in national University competitions.

The University values its long SFA membership, and does not wish to give it up, or have it taken away. It has been content to play at a professional club ground for participation in the Scottish, but in my view is unlikely to follow the likes of Edusport  by playing away from the campus on a regular basis. However, I am sure that there have been discussions about the merits of joining a West pyramid league, albeit with a realisation that there are not likely to compete with top junior clubs on a regular basis.

As far as I can recall (not very far these days !) they did enquire about joining the Lowland League when it was originally formed. If so, they were not accepted, or maybe they 'withdrew'.  My prediction is that the Uni will continue to play in its existing (strong) Glasgow based amateur league, but will seek ongoing SFA "historic rights" membership. Is that unreasonable ? Banks O'Dee may well join an extended northern pyramid, if/when it is formed, but what about Golspie Sutherland, a very stable/historic club, that has never sought Highland League membership ?   Tricky times ahead.

On 02/12/2018 at 03:13, GNU_Linux said:

Entry level license or greater is mandatory for guaranteed entry. Unlicensed clubs can qualify via winning either one of the junior regional top tiers or sjfa cup. Same applies to the winners of EOS,SOS, South & East Scotland Cup Winners Shield in the pyramid (all HL & LL members are licensed already as its mandatory at tier 5 & higher). Amateur cup winners also qualify. Gaining a license requires a commit to the pyramid. In theory if things get sorted in next month or two clubs would be free to apply for a license before the March 31st deadline.

Spot on.  What is the latest on Licensing ? I've been away in Canada, so out of touch.

Also, why doesn't the NCL's champion club get an invite as well as the above ?  Answer : its' too far to travel for existing SFA member clubs to support  it.

21 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The Uni's sports complex is very good, but it caters for a wide range of sports, of which football is only one. To meet SFA ground licensing requirements, would threaten some of the other activities, which as I understand it, are very well supported by students.

Does that mean the pitch is not enclosed?  

Whilst I think the need for an enclosed pitch is a reasonable requirement, the SFA ground licensing requirements situation in general reminds me a little of bit of the SPL's old 10,000 seater rule a good few years back. It seems that in  some cases the requirements are  a bit strict for the LL, other senior leagues and junior clubs as well.

5 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Does that mean the pitch is not enclosed?  

Whilst I think the need for an enclosed pitch is a reasonable requirement, the SFA ground licensing requirements situation in general reminds me a little of bit of the SPL's old 10,000 seater rule a good few years back. It seems that in  some cases the requirements are  a bit strict for the LL, other senior leagues and junior clubs as well.

The ground requirements are not strict at all. They are only strict to clubs that have a pitch, not a ground.

Licensing opened up for this season a few weeks ago. A fair few EOS clubs are taking steps towards licensing. No clue about the SOS although I do know Creetown & Bonnyton have done work so may also be pursuing licensing.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

If it happens then it has a knock on effect with the Lowland League. 4 teams would go up out the LL. That leaves 4 places in the LL plus the defunct Selkirk spot up for grabs. Should be easy enough to fill the LL places from the EoSL. And so on to replace the missing EoSL teams. All that’s needed now is a LL2 to start.