Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No idea. I know that a game away to Wick wont be a gimme for Talbot so it's a cost/reward scenario. Spending a few bob on a good night's kip might be the difference between making it to the next round or getting papped out. I doubt Girvan, for instance, would want to do the same as their budget is smaller and the chance of success slimmer even with a night's stay up in the Highlands.

Either way it seems a bit petty to point out the odd expense, in exceptional circumstances, as a stick to beat someone with. Especially if that expense has, potentially, led to more income.

Clubs can do whatever they want. Don't moan about costs of something like floodlights when the club is able to afford accommodation for a full squad when they could just go up on the day. 

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Clubs can do whatever they want. Don't moan about costs of something like floodlights when the club is able to afford accommodation for a full squad when they could just go up on the day. 

What time would you need to leave Auchinleck to reach Wick 90 minutes before a 1-30pm kickoff?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The point in bold was clearly him being sarcastic (in line with the rest of his post).

Not too much for players to take a half day off to travel up on the Friday then nah? Does every part time team do this for a journey to eg Cove?

Glenafton do, and as said its a one off usually, as the league we play in is regionalised. Good practise = more chance of qualifying  = more income no that difficult the figures work.

Edited by tell_me_more

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

So players would need to up and moving from 4.30am?

...and then spending 6 hours resting and most likely sleeping on a comfortable coach.

Assuming that all Talbot players actually live in Auchinleck and wouldnt be picked up along the way in say Glasgow.

Edited by Jason King

19 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

What time would you need to leave Auchinleck to reach Wick 90 minutes before a 1-30pm kickoff?

Harmsworth Park has lights, so Wick can kick off at 1500, even in winter...

I'm up and down to Wick fairly regularly. Takes about five hours to Aberdeen; six hours to Glasgow/ Edinburgh with decent traffic.

I don't think it was unreasonable to stay over, makes sense to be rested. But even factoring that cost in, it's obvious that you'd still be in profit, despite that. You must've still driven up from Inverness on the Saturday if you were staying in the Travelodge, I guess.

Spoiler

It wasn't Talbot who stated they stayed at a Travelodge but someone with no connection to the Club who not surprisingly got it wrong. For that person's information we stayed at Dornoch. Some people sadly just like to try to cause trouble.

2 hours ago, Chis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It wasn't Talbot who stated they stayed at a Travelodge but someone with no connection to the Club who not surprisingly got it wrong. For that person's information we stayed at Dornoch. Some people sadly just like to try to cause trouble.

Did Talbot make any profit out of that game?

Spoiler

Personally I don't think this is of any relevance to you and is purely a matter for the Club. As in the past we will continue to prioritise our projects in order to provide the best possible facilities that finances allow for the benefit of our player and supporters. I don't intend to make any further comment on this matter as it seems all you are interested in doing is belittling not only my Club but any other Junior Club which tries to provide the best for supporters and players as their financial position allows.

image.png.57935927fd60eaf7225e398dba792918.pngSo unless a stupid grammatical error, the East region believes it has to invite it's own clubs to apply for next season.   Either way the whoring of oneself like the eosfl  has started.  Interesting no statement that it will be part of the pyramid etc.  Perhaps i should just email John Reilly and ask ?

Edited by superbigal

image.png.57935927fd60eaf7225e398dba792918.pngSo unless a stupid grammatical error, the East region believes it has to invite it's own clubs to apply for next season.   Either way the whoring of oneself like the eosfl  has started.  Interesting no statement that it will be part of the pyramid etc.  Perhaps i should just email John Reilly and ask ?

According to someone connected with Newton Stewart post a recent meeting on child wellbeing matters the SFA rep stated that the ERJFA will not be getting in at the level of the EOSL

Funnily enough, there was a discussion on this on Sunday at Hampden post the Child Wellbeing Meeting (Licensing Requirement).

It was made abundantly clear by the SFA rep that East Juniors will not be joining at the same level as EoS.

That's mental, Comical Ali-esque [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If Talbot chose to stay in hotels for those games that's on them, there is no requirement to do so. Falkirk are full time with average crowds over 4k and we'd not stay in a hotel for an away game at Aberdeen or Dingwall.

You might have a point, we might have to do things the Falkirk way because they know how things should be done.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

It's probably a way of knowing which clubs will be there next year which potentially means their is clubs applying for the eosfl 

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

Do you know where this was posted originally?

Just now, superbigal said:

Was on the east region website.

Apparently now taken down. 

That's why I wondering had a quick look on their website, the SJFA website, twitter and facebook. Couldn't see it anywhere obvious. Which had me wondering if they'd already pulled it or were adverstising in a less obvious place.