• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

15 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That would depend on promotion and relegation as could be wosfl and eosfl winners promoted

What about the SOSL? Would it be a round robin with the three sections, maybe if the SFA put forward a plan then it might attract West clubs instead of ifs and buts.

27 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

What about the SOSL? Would it be a round robin with the three sections, maybe if the SFA put forward a plan then it might attract West clubs instead of ifs and buts.

To me sosfl should merge with west coz none of them want to go up anyway

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

To me sosfl should merge with west coz none of them want to go up anyway

Financial disaster for both regions if they merged.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Financial disaster for both regions if they merged.

It would depend how it was done - in the present set-up I would agree but will it last? Fast forward 5 years and you could easily be back to a similar set-up to what we had in the past 15 years of:

All in Premiership

All in Championship

then

altered regional leagues of: D&G, Ayrshire, Central

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Apparently they had the player listed under his previous club, and had spelled his name incorrectly (so a ctrl+f search may not have found him).

The misspelled name had an extra L, so a ctrl + f would still have found his name, and there's also the player registration number to check. I'm assuming they just searched for Dundonald - if they checked at all.

On 22/09/2018 at 09:04, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dundonald boy on fb I believe their secretary isn't blaming the league it's sfa he's having a go at as it's there competition.

Contrary to the name, the SFA South Region Challenge Cup is nothing to do with the SFA - it's organised by the LL, EOS and SOS.

Probably took a few days for the team sheets to come in and then check them all.

I did some playing around with google maps of the longest journey in a fully integrated WOS setup. Forth to Stranraer (assuming Stranraer's reseves would stick about) comes in at 114 miles or 2h 29 minutes. Discounting the reserve outfit Forth to Wigtown is 2h 22 minutes or 94 miles. Greenock to Wigtown comes in at 2h 31 or 107 miles.

The longest in the current west junior setup I can find is is Forth to Girvan 1h 46 or 83.8 miles.

This is all very amateurish math so take with a grain of salt and as a rough outline.

22 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I did some playing around with google maps of the longest journey in a fully integrated WOS setup. Forth to Stranraer (assuming Stranraer's reseves would stick about) comes in at 114 miles or 2h 29 minutes. Discounting the reserve outfit Forth to Wigtown is 2h 22 minutes or 94 miles. Greenock to Wigtown comes in at 2h 31 or 107 miles.

The longest in the current west junior setup I can find is is Forth to Girvan 1h 46 or 83.8 miles.

This is all very amateurish math so take with a grain of salt and as a rough outline.

But it would be a regular journey for the outliers - IMO integrating the SoS sides into the current structure is flawed and I can't see it pleasing anyone. There would need to be some common sense regionalisation - even splitting the present set-up in two with a band of clubs in the middle that would float in either direction, league size and relegation depending.

But it would be a regular journey for the outliers - IMO integrating the SoS sides into the current structure is flawed and I can't see it pleasing anyone. There would need to be some common sense regionalisation - even splitting the present set-up in two with a band of clubs in the middle that would float in either direction, league size and relegation depending.

I'd agree with this point. My post was merely for demonstration purposes. A proposal similar to yours a few posts up of 2 regionwide then 'district' leagues seems to be the best option. Also would help bringing in any ammies that want to make the jump a good bit easier.

There was that sweet spot when the Lowland League was created and took the best sides in the SoS (Dalbeattie and Threave), where it could of been a simple solution to have the SoS fall directly under the Ayrshire District or a blending  of the two leagues.

It's gotten a little messier with the West Region going region wide at all levels.

23 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If sfa are incompetent I'm not sure what that makes sjfa

What does that have to do with the price of fish?

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The misspelled name had an extra L, so a ctrl + f would still have found his name, and there's also the player registration number to check. I'm assuming they just searched for Dundonald - if they checked at all.

Contrary to the name, the SFA South Region Challenge Cup is nothing to do with the SFA - it's organised by the LL, EOS and SOS.

Probably took a few days for the team sheets to come in and then check them all.

Edit: I've just realised from another thread that I was wrong about his name - the L being on the end means you're right, of course.

Edited by GordonS