Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I have to say, given there are discussions underway with regards to aligning the Junior leagues rules and regulations with Senior football, then the ERJFA and EoS could merge for next season with very little difficulty.

There is no need at all for them to run in parrallel, and given that more than a few clubs in Tayside wanted a return to the old Tayside League not so long ago, let them go with that under an EoS/ERJFA banner with no access to play-offs until they align with a HL pyramid along with the NRJFA.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I have to say, given there are discussions underway with regards to aligning the Junior leagues rules and regulations with Senior football, then the ERJFA and EoS could merge for next season with very little difficulty.

There is no need at all for them to run in parrallel, and given that more than a few clubs in Tayside wanted a return to the old Tayside League not so long ago, let them go with that under an EoS/ERJFA banner with no access to play-offs until they align with a HL pyramid along with the NRJFA.

A while back I had suggested if Tayside was to go to lowland league that eosfl be split north and south. With Tayside perth and North Fife playing and the rest in eosfl south strucure all options that could be looked at

6 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

ERSJFA covers the same area that they have covered for many, many years. Meanwhile the EOSL are happy to take teams from anywhere south of the Tay to the English Border as long as it satisfies their own agenda.

Didn't the ERSJFA only start existing about 20 years ago when the juniors moved from all the regional leagues into a North/West/East split? That's hardly "many, many years". The EoSFL, however, has covered the east of Scotland for about 100 years. Their agenda seems to be merely "clubs in the East of Scotland" :/

A while back I had suggested if Tayside was to go to lowland league that eosfl be split north and south. With Tayside perth and North Fife playing and the rest in eosfl south strucure all options that could be looked at

Nah there has to be a cut off somewhere and just because the juniors want to join the pyramid doesnt mean they have to get everything their own way. The logic behind the tay boundary is pretty solid, its a decent reference point and splits the country in two along pretty fair lines. Can’t have the highland league representing 1/5th of the countries population and think parity with a league representing 4/5ths of the population is reasonable in terms of promotion. Then you compare the number of clubs eligible for LL and HL and it reinforces it. Having the tayside clubs in the HL redresses the balance and makes the pyramid fairer. The clubs might not be happy at losing larger followed clubs as visitors but thems the breaks.

Didn't the ERSJFA only start existing about 20 years ago when the juniors moved from all the regional leagues into a North/West/East split? That's hardly "many, many years". The EoSFL, however, has covered the east of Scotland for about 100 years. Their agenda seems to be merely "clubs in the East of Scotland" :/

The regions merged in 2002. Before that the regions as far as i know only organised the regional cups ie west of scotland cup etc (I was fairly young when the merger happened so I may be wrong). The EOSL goes back to 1923 although two unrelated prior leagues used the name beforehand.

I knew it was something like that. Seems weird that a league/regional set up that's been around for a shorter period that Kris Boyd's professional career is viewed as someone as the rightful league to cover an area than the one that's 80 years older. 

There are other, more important, factors to consider than how long a league's lasted (is anyone missing the SFL?) but it's a weird hill to die on when yer own argument goes against it

54 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The regions merged in 2002. Before that the regions as far as i know only organised the regional cups ie west of scotland cup etc (I was fairly young when the merger happened so I may be wrong). The EOSL goes back to 1923 although two unrelated prior leagues used the name beforehand.

I pointed this out earlier on ersjfa only came into bring for super leagues prior to that it was Lothians Fife and tayside. The west was central region and ayrshire

Actually the ERJFA has been around since 1968 but solely administered the Lothians competition ie the old Edinburgh and District League which itself was formed in 1946. In 2002 the ERJFA morphed into a whole East of Scotland Association inc Tayside and Fife. But yeah, in its current guise it's only 16 or so years old.

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
25 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:
If your ever looking for senior posters then make sure and go onto the Juniors forum

You're loving Senior fitba this season I bet. Not long now till we're all one and the same.

Yeah an absolute blast travelling to the hinterlands of Scotia.  If we are all in the Scottish next season I hope its regionalised.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

But you can't help comment on it all the time, and loving the big Senior Cup emoji23.png

Not all the time, I like to butt in so to put this shite off track. Highlights of the Scottish Cup.......not being in a bus. You should try it......oh wait your teams shite!

If the juniors are integrated into the pyramid as is currently proposed and supposedly agreed, i.e. under the auspices of the SJFA, then they will still technically be junior teams. That saves any club from an awkward constitutional decision about changing the club's status. The only thing that will change will be the rules they need to adhere to, which will be set by the SJFA in agreement with the SFA and the other relevant parties.

3 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Not all the time, I like to butt in so to put this shite off track. Highlights of the Scottish Cup.......not being in a bus. You should try it......oh wait your teams shite!

My team will be in the Scottish Cup next season, and the season after, and the season after that. Will yours? :whistle