Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 hours ago, froggie said:

In the present company, feeling superior is inevitable. Why don't you turn your legendary incisive wit and knowledge to the topic under discussion instead?

#rattled

Step up to the plate champ, you are just embarrasing yourself here. Surely you can do better than the utter filth you've been posting over the last week or so.

As for the topic - well the Juniors are dead. All of the quality in the East is gone, no one cares about the North and clubs in the West have been having meetings regarding the setting up of a West senior league for next season.  This time next year we'll all be senior, apart maybe from the stuck in the past mobs in Ayrshire, and the only difference that most people will see is the opportunity for progression and the lack of TJ.

Happy times and places are just around the corner for the West.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

#rattled

Step up to the plate champ, you are just embarrasing yourself here. Surely you can do better than the utter filth you've been posting over the last week or so.

As for the topic - well the Juniors are dead. All of the quality in the East is gone, no one cares about the North and clubs in the West have been having meetings regarding the setting up of a West senior league for next season.  This time next year we'll all be senior, apart maybe from the stuck in the past mobs in Ayrshire, and the only difference that most people will see is the opportunity for progression and the lack of TJ.

I think froggie is just a wind up mer chant

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

... clubs in the West have been having meetings regarding the setting up of a West senior league for next season

This is complete fantasy imo.

The restructuring of the West leagues this season and intelligent fixture scheduling has gone down very well. There's currently no significant incentive for clubs to jump ship (except maybe Bankies).

15 minutes ago, archieb said:

This is complete fantasy imo.

The restructuring of the West leagues this season and intelligent fixture scheduling has gone down very well. There's currently no significant incentive for clubs to jump ship (except maybe Bankies).

And it all could be transplanted into a new structure. With the East departures, the SJFA (as a national relevance) is dying, it perhaps just doesn't know it yet.

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

#rattled

Just like the last rounds of the Scottish Junior Cup

8 hours ago, Jason King said:

#rattled

Hmmm 'utter filth' eh? Still, you're entitled to your opinion, however random. You seem ecstatic at the premature death notices for a brand of football, almost  as if you've  got shares in the turkeys vote for Christmas circus.  Those 'stuck in the past mobs' as you put it, are as entitled to their opinion every bit as self appointed ringmasters and the fact  that opinion doesn't mirror yours does not make it right any more than it makes it wrong. 

'Nobody cares about the north'- no doubt a comment based on endless , in depth research, rather than a superiority complex generalisation?

No doubt those who don't follow the turkey trot will always be ridiculed by those who think their brave new world is paved with gold, although something tells me being called 'stuck in the past mobs in Ayrshire' on a warm and cosy internet forum won't worry the real people with real lives from that neck of the woods too much.

If you tell yourself it often enough, you'll believe the juniors is dead. Why it matters to you, I haven't a clue and  why clubs who don't want to join the circus get under your skin so much is a mystery too.

24 minutes ago, santheman said:

Just when things were getting civil Jason jumps in and drags us back into the "Juniors are shite" patter.

Ah well I suppose I knew all along that it woudn't last

He's on the Kelty forum stirring it. They have enough to contend with after their manager resigning due to being embarrassed about Gogsy's posts.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

He's on the Kelty forum stirring it. They have enough to contend with after their manager resigning due to being embarrassed about Gogsy's posts.

And yet still finds the time to fail miserably to antagonise, dismiss a region that has done more for football than he could achieve, even in his most delusional state. The problem with trying to be a bully on the internet is that it just comes across as...well...laughable. Still, as long as he's happy.

7 hours ago, gogsy said:

Missed this post last might as I was part of a crowd of about 250 watching an u-20s game.  Meanwhile in the East Juniors bottom of the North league Coupar Angus have just signed Gary Kenneth. If that's the future for junior football, folk are asking the wrong question.

Anyway got to go, got to watch my team get pumped by East Stirlingshire.:)

Looks like the tweet about Gary Kenneth was deleted, either that or I was imagining that.

To be fair,  CA competed  well in the game against Arbroath Vics last week, but having seen them lose away at Forfar Albion the week before, these might be the only two sides they have even a slight chance of taking points off.

On 08/10/2018 at 22:39, Ginaro said:

Half of those teams were above them last season - I'm sure Blackburn will be fine in the EOS First Division next season, the same level they were in the Juniors.

Though I wonder what the long term future is for a team like Lochee who are winning every game? Can't go any higher than the Superleague...

Lochee need to push for a Tayside & Grampian 'premier' League, with direct access to the HFL. Banks O'Dee would probably support this change, despite recent 'denials' about the Highland League.

The next PWG meeting will be 30th October.

The East of Scotland League have made it crystal clear since March to new members that they will not entertain the existence of a competitor league in the same areas that they cover. They are the pathway to the Pyramid in the east, that has been their message to all member clubs and to the SFA. If remaining Lothians and Fife clubs in the Juniors want to join the Pyramid then they join the EoS.  As far as I am aware that position hasn’t changed, and of course is a sensible approach. The continuation of an artificial divide in the Lothians and Fife would be farcical.

This may explain the “Tayside” terminology used in the minutes, Tayside of course falling into the HL area.  I guess more will come out after 30th, but I think people stating that the ERJFA will enter at tier 6 are a bit wide of the mark at the moment.

What does seem certain is that next season, West clubs will be in the Pyramid in some form whether it be via a new West Senior League, or the WRJFA moving in en-masse.

I know a lot of folk seem to be outraged that teams like Abbey Vale or Dumfries YMCA would be at the same level as Pollok or Talbot but does a South of Scotland league need to be a feeder to the West of Scotland as a lot of people want? I'm gonna presume promotion/relegation spots will open up in years to come but if the South clubs are happy in their own league, and West and East clubs are happy in theirs, and they'll only meet for promotion/relegation play offs (which South teams will lose 9 times outta ten) what harm is a three way split?

If there is a Tayside league, and then North juniors come in, that's a two way divide below the Highland League and the NCL can come in as well. Gives the pyramid a nice symmetry. Allows clubs to keep their travel low as well.

^^^ It gives symmetry of structure. It makes no recognition of the fact that the south is a massively higher standard in terms of strength in depth. A really effective pyramid would recognise that in 2 parallel structures, weighting should be applied where the standard is heavily lopsided. 

On the subject of West and South, there is no reason not to use the seeding approach adopted in the East this season. For all the mumps about the standard in the south, the fact is that they are already at tier 6 so they can't just be shuttled down the pyramid. 

2 hours ago, HTG said:

^^^ It gives symmetry of structure. It makes no recognition of the fact that the south is a massively higher standard in terms of strength in depth. A really effective pyramid would recognise that in 2 parallel structures, weighting should be applied where the standard is heavily lopsided. 

Could equally argue that the South has far greater potential for growth than the North. An even split would stop the first regionalisation being dominated by southern clubs. (The English league when it had 3rd division North/South is a decent example of this). It costs more to run a club up north, it has smaller pool of players, etc. It would be massively detrimental to football north of the Tay if it wasn't given equal rights as it's southern counterpart.

As it stands and equal geographic split might be a bit lopsided in terms of population at the bottom but I'd rather have two thriving non-league systems than a shitey one dropping further down in quality and relevance.

Hearing that the madness has won through and East/West Juniors will actually be joining at level 6 and there will be a 4 way play off for 1 promotion place, hearing that this is what the SFA are pushing for. If this is the case its utter madness. I can see the point in the West Juniors just slotting in despite it not being my own preferred option, but to have two east leagues covering the same area in the pyramid is mental.
The tayside clubs should have to go to the Highland league, has to be a line created somewhere and the existing line is perfectly reasonable.

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing that the madness has won through and East/West Juniors will actually be joining at level 6 and there will be a 4 way play off for 1 promotion place, hearing that this is what the SFA are pushing for. If this is the case its utter madness. I can see the point in the West Juniors just slotting in despite it not being my own preferred option, but to have two east leagues covering the same area in the pyramid is mental.
The tayside clubs should have to go to the Highland league, has to be a line created somewhere and the existing line is perfectly reasonable.

Well if you're hearing it from someone who's source is ultimately TJ, as always treat with extreme caution.