Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

• The times they are a changing
On 18/07/2018 at 22:02, G4Mac said:

Yes daleboy it was a serious question. I realise that some of the posts were tongue in cheek and were jest, but some were aimed at being a dig at Spartans for not carrying a huge support.

Now whilst I believe clubs require a support to function, if they can function with a support of 71 or 17 why does that matter to anyone else other than the club.... There appears to be those amongst us that believe having a massive following is far better than playing at a higher level or that the fact they carry a larger support than others that they hold more weight as a club than their peers. 

I just hate the argument of 'we have more fans attending games than you therefore we can freely mock you for the size if your support'.

Just a personal opinion though and one comment i've seen continuously about the size of a teams support that i've never really felt I understood in terms of its relevance. 

Will a purely Tayside league be competitive enough though? You have 16 teams north of the dividing line, but that would be a league featuring Lochee United (P7 W7 GD 26 in the Superleague) at one end and Coupar Angus (P7 L7 GD -46 in the north division) at the other. Could it include Tayport or the Perth teams if they wanted to play to the north, or even Montrose Roselea?

Edited by Ginaro

48 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Will a purely Tayside league be competitive enough though? You have 16 teams north of the dividing line, but that would be a league featuring Lochee United (P7 W7 GD 26 in the Superleague) at one end and Coupar Angus (P7 L7 GD -46 in the north division) at the other. Could it include Tayport or the Perth teams if they wanted to play to the north, or even Montrose Roselea?

Would that be any less competitive than the HL with Cove at one end and, Fort William and Strathspey at the other?

There has to be a specified dividing line so Tayport should be told they are in the EOS. They're in Fife not Tayside at the end of the day.

Nothing personal Burnieman but although I definitely want a WOSFL and Tayside league set up I'd like to see this officially confirmed before I believe it.

I’ve not heard anything about a Tayside senior league, but if it was confirmed I’d imagine it might be attractive to the Perth teams and the North Fife teams. 

Unless they decide they’ve just been through enough upheaval...

Edited by Junior_Arab

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Tayside Senior League agreed by the PWG I hear, along with a WoSFL, and all to be run in line with existing senior league rules.

Not true.

The current east junior superleague and west of Scotland superleague will enter at tier 6 next season at the same level as the newly to be formed east of Scotland 16 team league and sosl.

There will be a play off from the winners of these 4 leagues to see who goes to lowland league. 

So from season 19/20 as it stands there will be 50 odd teams playing for 1 promotion place to the lowland league.

Licence embargo still in place.

Juniors still intact going forward.  

Not true.
The current east junior superleague and west of Scotland superleague will enter at tier 6 next season at the same level as the newly to be formed east of Scotland 16 team league and sosl.
There will be a play off from the winners of these 4 leagues to see who goes to lowland league. 
So from season 19/20 as it stands there will be 50 odd teams playing for 1 promotion place to the lowland league.

My understanding was a Lowland league 2 with 2 promotion places into LL and 2 relegations into regional leagues, play off East/Tayside, West/South?

My understanding was a Lowland league 2 with 2 promotion places into LL and 2 relegations into regional leagues, play off East/Tayside, West/South?
The LL clubs decided against 2 up 2 down at their last AGM with there being no appetite for change on that according to what I read elsewhere. Turkeys don't vote for an early Christmas etc

It will be interesting to see which of Burnieman and Bluebell has the correct insider info on what is happening next season according to the PWG. Odds on that's the EoS and SJFA version of events, respectively. The EoS version was usually more accurate last season. Time will tell.

No one in the pyramid is going to agree to two parallel leagues in the East covering the same geographic area. The junior/senior concept got blown out of the water over the summer, it's finished. 
Then there's the issue of the 16 east region Tayside clubs that are north of the LL:HL boundary that Burnieman's version of events addresses while Bluebell's doesn't. The east superleague can't simply hook up to the LL, because about half of its current clubs are not eligible to play in it.

8 hours ago, bluebell1 said:

Not true.

Tell me how the present East Region can feed the LL when a significant proportion of its members are outwith its geographical footprint?

Guessing there's multiple proposals and that's why things might be cluttered.

A standalone Tayside senior league doesn't get off the ground without the Juniors involved, and some of those clubs are seen as the most loyal following the departures to the EoS. Doubt they'd give up the SJFA for a crack at the Highland or even the Lowland.

Nice to see once again the situation with the North Juniors isn't directly addressed.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

standalone Tayside senior league doesn't get off the ground without the Juniors involved, and some of those clubs are seen as the most loyal following the departures to the EoS. Doubt they'd give up the SJFA for a crack at the Highland or even the Lowland

You'll have to explain this to me in more detail, doesn't make sense. 

Permission for a Tayside senior league to be formed isn't necessarily the same thing as it happening straight away. It gives the 16 clubs concerned a viable way forward, basically. The HL is not keen on relegation and would probably not be heartbroken if those clubs stayed in the SJFA outside the pyramid. Ditto with the north region.

If Burnieman is correct and his track record has been good on this then the SJFA's bid to enter intact has been knocked back and the next thing to happen next season will probably be the WoS senior league with the rump of the SJFA continuing outside the pyramid. Once that is cleared up the embargo probably gets lifted. Time will tell.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

9 hours ago, bluebell1 said:
Not true. The current east junior superleague and west of Scotland superleague will enter at tier 6 next season at the same level as the newly to be formed east of Scotland 16 team league and sosl.

That's not what is being reported by the PWG to EoS clubs, as you should know. No news yet re embargo, the SFA Board meeting was Thursday.

How can Tayside clubs compete in a LL feeder? How can East Junior clubs compete in a different league to EoS clubs covering the same area?

Sounds like a TJ fantasy. Again.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I heard a wee while back that a Lowland League 2 was discussed by LL clubs. No other information than that.

Tayside Senior League agreed by the PWG I hear, along with a WoSFL, and all to be run in line with existing senior league rules.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now after further comments. I originally thought that the Tayside Senior league would be linked to the Highland league, rather than the Lowland leagues, because of its location. Were my original thoughts about your post correct?