• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think the phrase for that post is wordsalad?

GOod retort in other words you know I am right. Other wise you wouldn't resort to patter like that.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

GOod retort in other words you know I am right. Other wise you wouldn't resort to patter like that.

I will give you another retort:), its almost as if you think everyone involved with Kelty has no idea what they are doing, and that they have no idea how to plan and run a club. I think that shows you haven't got a clue about these people and your lack of knowledge is frightening.

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I will give you another retort:), its almost as if you think everyone involved with Kelty has no idea what they are doing, and that they have no idea how to plan and run a club. I think that shows you haven't got a clue about these people and your lack of knowledge is frightening.

Not talking about kelty as a club I'm talking about the people on here thats suggesting its going to be at a canter and they'll be in the lowland league.  I'm pretty sure Kelty hearts when they done their due dilligence thought of it as a risk when deciding to go into it, but being confident in themselves to be able to achieve it.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

but humour me anyway gogsy what will happen to kelty if they don't achieve promotion?

they try again the following season?

Just now, gogsy said:

But the point was would they have or attract the same calibre of players i don't think they would if they were in the east of scotland league more than two seasons.

but humour me anyway gogsy what will happen to kelty if they don't achieve promotion?

Actually burst out laughing at this wee exchange. Well played chaps

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

On another thread it's claimed the EOSL was "rubbished". It can't be that rubbish if the winner of 2 of the last 3 East Superleagues have decided to join it as part of pursuing a licence and promotion...

You said it, they joined as they had to. The standard is awful and nobody watches it, as Kelty will soon find out.  It's a means to an end for them.

14 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Yes, TJ did mention it, the door is not closed to participation. The feeling is that it is not the time for it, he described it as a "flawed" set up several times. Many of the clubs will agree with that.

It absolutely is flawed.

However, it's upto him to help change it. He's one of the 8 men who sit on the SFA Executive Committee, alongside Regan, who run the game. Why he's there I don't know but it typifies Scottish football that he is, yet does nothing to try and help develop the Pyramid.

It's also sad that no club ever speaks out at the AGM's or monthly meetings. Nodding dogs.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You said it, they joined as they had to. The standard is awful and nobody watches it, as Kelty will soon find out.  It's a means to an end for them.

East of Scotland league president doesn't seem to have a problem with that,

“I’d be really surprised if we don’t get quite a few applications next year from a number of Junior clubs,” Greenhorn said. “We do appreciate that Kelty’s ambition is to play in a bigger league than the East of Scotland but they’ve been honest with us from the start and went about it the right way"

Just now, gogsy said:

East of Scotland league president doesn't seem to have a problem with that,

“I’d be really surprised if we don’t get quite a few applications next year from a number of Junior clubs,” Greenhorn said. “We do appreciate that Kelty’s ambition is to play in a bigger league than the East of Scotland but they’ve been honest with us from the start and went about it the right way"

I wouldn't expect him to.  He's also one of the guys that ruined a great Junior club by taking them into that league........

I wouldn't expect him to.  He's also one of the guys that ruined a great Junior club by taking them into that league........

Who did he ruin?

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Who did he ruin?

Ormiston Primrose, Scottish Junior Cup Finalists 1989, East of Scotland Cup winners 1995, left Juniors 1999 to merge with Pencaitland Amateurs in the East of Scotland League to get Scottish Cup entry, only it didn't happen.  Demerged as Ormiston FC and struggled ever since.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Who did he ruin?

Hes connected to Ormiston

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Ormiston Primrose, Scottish Junior Cup Finalists 1989, East of Scotland Cup winners 1995, left Juniors 1999 to merge with Pencaitland Amateurs in the East of Scotland League to get Scottish Cup entry, only it didn't happen.  Demerged as Ormiston FC and struggled ever since.

So Junior team from 1980-99?

1926-1963, 1980-1999

Thanks, knew they joined the juniors in the same season as Kelty Hearts. Is there a direct link to the current team from the earlier one that  played up to 1963?

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Thanks, knew they joined the juniors in the same season as Kelty Hearts. Is there a direct link to the current team from the earlier one that  played up to 1963?

They play at the same ground as far as I am aware, whether any of those who re-started the club in 1980 were involved in 1963 I don't know.  They also re-joined the same season as Blackburn United joined.

They play at the same ground as far as I am aware, whether any of those who re-started the club in 1980 were involved in 1963 I don't know.  They also re-joined the same season as Blackburn United joined.

Thanks for that.

Ah right, never knew he was involved with them. I remember going to watch Bo'ness at Ormiston a good few times when I was a nipper.

1926-1963, 1980-1999

What happened between '63 and '80?