Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That depends on what the impasse is with the HL and LL on "Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved" and whether Tom Johnston's assessment that the issues are not insurmountable is a perspective shared by those leagues. The potentially tricky one is fixture lists if it means that the three junior superleague champions need to be determined by late April. I suspect the changes that would be needed to how junior football operates to achieve that would be too drastic for a lot of people and that makes an agreement in time for 2019/20 unlikely, but time will tell. Registrations would presumably mean that reinstatement has to be binned and that should be relatively straightfoward. Not sure what the Discipline angle could be beyond being stricter on how the stereotypical 15 player brawl gets dealt with? Overall, we should have a much clearer picture by next month and waiting that long is not a problem in the north and west, but definitely is in the east. Think the top east superleague clubs would be better off taking the plunge and getting in at tier 6 in the EoS when the opportunity is there, but can understand why Bo'ness United and Dundonald Bluebell would adopt a wait a year and see approach with a deferred application.

A deferred application doesn’t amount to anything other than we shall see what happens in the SJFA. There will be a vote at the EOS AGM on league structures and it’s felt by most that this season will be the 2 league conference to determine league positions for 19/20 and a division 1 and 2 the following season.

They can’t make this coming season redundant for most clubs who will be competing  to get in the top half next season to get in the top division the following. You could have clubs who may feel the league title and promotion is beyond them playing for nothing just to keep spaces open for clubs that don’t want to commit this season.

A deferred application doesn’t amount to anything other than we shall see what happens in the SJFA. There will be a vote at the EOS AGM on league structures and it’s felt by most that this season will be the 2 league conference to determine league positions for 19/20 and a division 1 and 2 the following season.
 They can’t make this coming season redundant for most clubs who will be competing  to get in the top half next season to get in the top division the following. You could have clubs who may feel the league title and promotion is beyond them playing for nothing just to keep spaces open for clubs that don’t want to commit this season.

Nah, for Clydebank its very much a commitment to join the eosl, simply due to WDC fucking about over starting groundworks they would have no where to play as the SJFA are trying to stop them sharing with junior clubs. Its not as black and white as you make out.

9 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

The east juniors are completely disintegrating, what a shambles this has turned into. Disgraceful leadership from the SJFA has turned what should be a tidy merger into a messy free for all.

I agree, as stated in my post (just now) on the "New Clubs in EoS" forum.

A  "straw poll" suggested  ?  We've already had the SJFA questionnaire, and it is not the right time to conduct another 'poll' IMO. Instead. club views should be sought individually on the options for 2019/20, after the PWG has completed its review of all of the issues. This must not be rushed. The views of the  leagues affected/within scope, must  be obtained, probably via EGMs with their member clubs, at the appropriate time.   Terms of Reference are required, to provide a framework for this review.

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah, for Clydebank its very much a commitment to join the eosl, simply due to WDC fucking about over starting groundworks they would have no where to play as the SJFA are trying to stop them sharing with junior clubs. Its not as black and white as you make out.

I get that totally but where do they come in when the 2 divisions are formed the 1st or 2nd?

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

"...the SJFA are trying to stop them sharing with junior clubs."

If true, this is a disgrace. It sums up the the entire SJFA attitude that we are the juniors, and we don't want to have anything to do with clubs who are senior, or  have agreed to join the seniors !

Can I presume that the SJFA considers it okay for Yoker Athletic to ground share whilst the building works are carried out at Holm Park, because they are remaining junior, whereas Clydebank  are leaving ?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

It's only Nitten, Arniston and Penicuik left from Midlothian at the moment?  All East Lothian and Edinburgh clubs already gone.

The East Region could end up being West Lothian and Tayside with a few from Fife.

West Lothian to the West.  

Just now, Robert James said:

West Lothian junior clubs to go to the West Region Super League, or to the proposed West of Scotland Pyramid 'feeder' League ?   Which are you suggesting ?

Their choice.  Better competition for them either way - if it's the WoSFL the better clubs will  probably start a step higher than if they join the EoSFL.

21 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Their choice.  Better competition for them either way - if it's the WoSFL the better clubs will  probably start a step higher than if they join the EoSFL.

The EoS would be helping to set-up a WoSFL.  Any West Lothian (or Fife) club wishing to join the Pyramid would be pointed in the direction of the EoS, who cover the Lothians. 

If this is more to do with internal Junior league restructure, then how do the West Lothian clubs fit into the new West Region set-up? Fife clubs? Tayside clubs?

Edited by Burnie_man

47 minutes ago, Robert James said:

"...the SJFA are trying to stop them sharing with junior clubs."

If true, this is a disgrace. It sums up the the entire SJFA attitude that we are the juniors, and we don't want to have anything to do with clubs who are senior, or  have agreed to join the seniors !

Can I presume that the SJFA considers it okay for Yoker Athletic to ground share whilst the building works are carried out at Holm Park, because they are remaining junior, whereas Clydebank  are leaving ?

The SJFA can't stop Clydebank sharing with a Junior club, although they can make it very difficult regarding fixture scheduling via the WRJFA.

With a WoSFL imminent, probably a sensible decision by the Bankies.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

The SJFA can't stop Clydebank sharing with a Junior club, although they can make it very difficult regarding fixture scheduling via the WRJFA.

With a WoSFL imminent, probably a sensible decision by the Bankies.

More difficult than they make it already?

This, I've got to see...

BSC played out of Maryhill for a couple of years and there seemed to be no problem there in relation to the SJFA, I wonder whats different this time round :whistle

Yes but BSC werent leaving the junior game. Its basically impossible for CB to share with another junior club if they go to EOSL next year because of this. It’ll all come out in the wash.

27 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Linlithgow Rose are now entering the debate - so anyways what's this Triangle thing all about?

See the source image

The eye in the middle is the eye of Burnieman, he uses his mythical powers to influence clubs in the East to leave the Juniors or to be Nazis, I'm not yet sure which!

9 minutes ago, Jason King said:

See the source image

The eye in the middle is the eye of Burnieman, he uses his mythical powers to influence clubs in the East to leave the Juniors or to be Nazis, I'm not yet sure which!

I'll need to kill you now, sorry.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

See the source image

Cracking post! The eye of power!! :-)