Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

If as Tom Johnston says (A big If) that Juniors all become part of the Pyramid at Tier 6

Should not be a great problem in West or in North.

Let's take a look at the East where that would mean them running alongside the EOS league/s

Base this on clubs currently leaving for EOS or being moved into the North of Scotland (Tay is the SFA line).

Using current league tables there are only 18 teams of the current 32 in the Superleague/Premier League left.

So Tier 6 East (Junior) Superleague is

Linlithgow, Penicuik, Broxburn, Dundonald,Sauchie, Boness,Newtongrange,Jeanfield,Kennoway,Tayport,Fauldhouse,Dunbar,St Andrews,Thornton,Arniston,Glenrothes.

Tier 7 East (Junior) Premier is left with

Bathgate, Whitburn, Pumpherston,Armadale,West Calder,Oakley,Craigroyston,Lochgelly,Rosyth,Harthill,Livingston,Stoneyburn,Kirkcaldy,Kinnoull,Scone,Lochore,Newburgh

Now in the EOS they have played a season to balance the teams (This is all theory and based on no one gaining promotion this year or end of next year to LL) and my "assumption" of the relative strength of teams.

So Tier 6 EOS

Kelty Hearts, Lothian Thistle, Leith Athletic, Preston, Herriot Watt, Tynecastle,Bonnyrigg Rose, Camelon, Hill o Beath, Musselburgh, Haddington, Blackburn, Tranent,Dalkeith, Edinburgh, Crossgates

Clearly 1 or 2 of the crack EOS teams will probably be promoted this or next year but it does at least give a potential idea of where Tom Johnston sees things going.

Frankly on paper appears to absolutely crazy to have 2 leagues in 1 area in a pyramid, but I suppose a bit more balanced than the juniors being tier 8 & 9 in the East which is the other scenario below the 2 EOS leagues

At least the "haters" Larry Duncan (Lochee Utd) & Mark Johnston (Carnoustie) will fit in at tier 6 North but with the HL requirements (Tougher than the LL) will never gain promotion.

Imagine Carnoustie being asked to improve their facilities !!!!

Alan  Morris (Superp***kal) Keyboard warrior supreme

34 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

Alan  Morris (Superp***kal) Keyboard warrior supreme

Well come on then, list the positives and benefits of staying Junior and show Alan  Morris (Superp***kal) Keyboard warrior supreme and others why they are wrong.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Touch sensitive today aren't we

Alan, I am a big boy and I can take stick from anyone but when someone makes stupid comments about me it does annoy me, especially when its someone who has never met me or talked to me at anytime about any subject. If I am wrong I am more than happy to admit i was wrong.  As I have said, we have never at anytime spoke to  each other. I can assure you this will be rectified at some point between us.

With regards to diluting the quality of the lower tiers over the next 4-5 years i think we just have to accept that will be the case. No doubt about it, Kelty and LTHV would be at the higher end of the LL and have been miles ahead of the EOS teams this year. EOS league will clearly be too large with all the new tier 6 teams entered and you will probably end up with teams like Bonnyrigg or Hill O'Beath playing in a league below the likes of Ormiston and Coldstream, but in much the way that it happened when the Juniors went to Super League, Premier and North/South, teams will find their place within their budget. Oakley for example started the Junior restructure in the Super League and stayed for a couple of years until we fitted into a standard where we could compete.

It seems obvious to me, sad as it is that the Juniors will be a thing of history very soon. I wish my club had entered EOS this year as I fear the ones who put it off the longest will be the ones with the most catching up. Teams who wait say another 2 years could be entering  tier 8 or 9. This is the way forward. It will make the Scottish Cup a magic experience for all clubs to aspire to and the Scottish Junior Cup will be replaced by an SFA Trophy like in england.

Exciting times..

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Well come on then, list the positives and benefits of staying Junior and show Alan  Morris (Superp***kal) Keyboard warrior supreme and others why they are wrong.

Jason, I have never said the Juniors were perfect in fact there are a number of things I would love to see changed but I am old enough and wise enough to  know leaving for the EoS is not going to see our club showered with cash from the SFA.  Fixtures for the season is one thing I would give you but there is nothing else attractive in a move to the EoS. Maybe people like me are missing something but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Jambo in Djibouti said:

EOS league will clearly be too large with all the new tier 6 teams entered and you will probably end up with teams like Bonnyrigg or Hill O'Beath playing in a league below the likes of Ormiston and Coldstream,

They wont.  All 26/27 teams next season will be at the same level, probably two seeded groups of 13/14. Play-off to determine Champions and promotion, and the top 7 or 8 in each section forming a top division for 2019/20.

Also possibility of two promotion places to the LL next season.

Jason, I have never said the Juniors were perfect in fact there are a number of things I would love to see changed but I am old enough and wise enough to  know leaving for the EoS is not going to see our club showered with cash from the SFA.  Fixtures for the season is one thing I would give you but there is nothing else attractive in a move to the EoS. Maybe people like me are missing something but time will tell.

The problem I have is you denounce the eos when geography says you could not even apply to it.

I will continue to furnish your clubs coffers when I attend as a non league fan.

The product and catering I might add being second to none.

Only poor attitudes have allowed the eos to recover from the pub league it had almost slumped too, but to take the lead on the east juniors.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

They wont.  All 26/27 teams next season will be at the same level, probably two seeded groups of 13/14. Play-off to determine Champions and promotion, and the top 7 or 8 in each section forming a top division for 2019/20.

Also possibility of two promotion places to the LL next season.

i stand corrected and this sounds like a decent solution. Do you know what the succession plan would be if say another 13 or so clubs apply next year. Presume the 'localised' split geographical league would drop to be the lowest tier?

20 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

Please tell me which of the 13 clubs who have applied EOS league are moving for the cash?.

Have Lochee ever tried to engage with a local boys club and create a pathway for local youngsters ? No they have a history of cherry picking  ex seniors and the best juniors which is fine and delivers a decent on field product   which i dont imagine comes cheap, 

3 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

Geography lol !!  Non league fan enjoy your football but you had better give Thomson Park a miss

So you are now threatening to ban  someone  from Lochee home  games  because he has the audacity to have a different opinion from yours,

no wonder teams want to leave the juniors with people like you  involved.

Has the Junior product developed as much as it ever will?

If yes, how?

If no, what can it do to develop further?

Entering into the EoS is of course entering into the pyramid and comes with a list of benefits that currently aren't available to Junior clubs.

Is this a good thing in general?

If yes, why?

If no, why not?

From a personal perspective, Junior clubs are snookered by the lack of revenue in the grade. The lack of media presence - it's a lottery whether or not the dailies and sundays will pick up on more than just a result - means that there's not a huge incentive for any local business types to invest and sponsor Junior clubs. Squads being limited to 25 causes problems with associated youth teams. The EoS has no restriction on squad size which allows for a better pathway between 1st team and any age group side. Increased chance to qualify for the Senior cup - a smaller cup competition to qualify compared to the SJC. Access to funding for ground improvements - there's barely a Junior ground out there that wouldn't benefit. The potential to raise the profile of the club and attract new interest. The downsides for clubs in the East of the country are, for me anyway, few and far between.

Edited by cmontheloknow

8 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Please tell me which of the 13 clubs who have applied EOS league are moving for the cash?.

Have Lochee ever tried to engage with a local boys club and create a pathway for local youngsters ? No they have a history of cherry picking  ex seniors and the best juniors which is fine and delivers a decent on field product   which i dont imagine comes cheap, 

Wait for the surprise Mr Journeyman

7 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

So you are now threatening to ban  someone  from Lochee home  games  because he has the audacity to have a different opinion from yours,

no wonder teams want to leave the juniors with people like you  involved.

Never banned him.....just gave him good advice. Would you be happy at someone bad mouthing you ? Someone who has never met or talked to you ? Then welcome him  with open  arms ? 

22 hours ago, juniorsforme said:

I have never at anytime at any meeting said what you have printed. I can also state I have never been asked by TJ or anyone to snoop around for information on you or anyone else on this forum. As for ID's I have posted using one other ID but not used it for over 3 years, you Mr McGinty have brought names into this not me. 

As for my speech you had the same opportunity to  speak.....unfortunately you were hiding behind a keyboard as per normal. Please bring on your story I look forward to it

It is actually less than 3 years since you stopped posting as Locheeboy

If myself and my 9 year old son are unwelcome at Thomson park then that's your privilege

Edited by superbigal

34 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I see Armadale are back making friends...

BF746377-40B4-4E8F-8800-3324FD0B97DC.thumb.png.a3f17aae9af9018bb1faad3de7a41835.pngC0C80B12-786B-4042-93DC-3C0A99742C12.thumb.png.79ec94b7858e30e010df0083b66a7f46.png

"People don't like to hear the truth"  -   ScottishJuniorFitba is the halfwit that blocks you if you disagree with him, he doesn't like hearing the truth himself. Total idiot.  As for Daleboy1969, well we've been there already.......

The Armadale guy doesn't understand the rules of Scottish Cup qualification. Debate of his opinion on this matter is pointless. Just in case he's reading though, the Scottish Cup is for full members of the SFA (achieved by obtaining a Club License) and all Registered Members (from EoS, SoS, Juniors, Amateurs) can qualify via the relevant qualifying competitions.

Edited by cmontheloknow