Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Stayed away from this thread, I considered that there was little point for debate as most of the zealot pro pyramid brigade were in an advanced  state of fantasy. Popped in for a wee swatch Nice to see the fantasy thing's been addressed!

Zealot? Ffs. Do you know what irony is? By my very nature im looking for compromise in terms of a move to a pyramid. Do you actually know what the words you type mean or do you just listen to a lot of Infowars and copy what they say? Next you’ll be using words like false flag.

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Zealot? Ffs. Do you know what irony is? By my very nature im looking for compromise in terms of a move to a pyramid. Do you actually know what the words you type mean or do you just listen to a lot of Infowars and copy what they say? Next you’ll be using words like false flag.

Aye, very good! Your attempts at adopting the intellectual high ground bear no fruit, you just stated putting 8000 temporary seats Gayfield  would make it UEFA standard FFS!

Well a wee birdie tells me the SFA have put a block on the applications to the EOS league !!  
I think its time to pull out the popcorn and take a seat as its all going to get very interesting. 

Was this embargo of the SFA doing or put to the SFA by the SJFA to try and stop the exodus !

Aye, very good! Your attempts at adopting the intellectual high ground bear no fruit, you just stated putting 8000 temporary seats Gayfield  would make it UEFA standard FFS!

No I made the point that if you step away from your £100,000 toilet block mentality, you’d see that clubs actually can make their grounds fit certain criteria. An off the cuff point about temporary stands (which have been used many times in Scotland, obviously no one actually expects Arbroath to make the uefa group stages) may blow your tiny little mind but then again you probably throw rocks at the sun each morning.

8 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

You're right. But surely they wouldn't make a criminal false claim of limited status? That would be stupid. Oh, hang on ...

Where has the SJFA claimed to have limited status? A serious question.

And I would agree with the member clubs 'owning' the SJFA and all its assets. So if it ends up being wound up then the assets would be distributed equally with all clubs who are members at the time. The assets just cannot be transferred to the SFA coffers. 

From the SJFA constitution: 7. Any club in membership of the Association resigning or being expelled shall have no right or interest in the property or assets of the Association. Therefore those remaining do have rights and interest in property and assets of the Association. 

1. Incumbent on the clubs to ensure there is no asset stripping going on prior to so many clubs leaving the ranks. This would include paying for fancy consultants whether employed by the SFA or otherwise etc.

2. As there is no limit to liability then all office bearers have unlimited personal liability for the actions of the organisation. Not an issue if they deliver the aims of the organisation correctly. If they don't deliver those aims, then all or any one of them can be pursued personally. If you own a house get it  transferred now to the wife's name guys. But maybe just a bit too late,  given some of the decisions already been made. :whistle 

Edited by Garret Deasy

14 minutes ago, juniornews said:

Well a wee birdie tells me the SFA have put a block on the applications to the EOS league !!  
I think its time to pull out the popcorn and take a seat as its all going to get very interesting. 

Was this embargo of the SFA doing or put to the SFA by the SJFA to try and stop the exodus !

You going to share Andrew McKinlay's letter sent out to all east clubs? Issued and endorsed by the East Region secretary and by Tom Johnstone himself. 

I would be astounded if the SFA, an association who wants as many clubs licensed and part of the pyramid as they can, would consider ruling the roost over the Eosfl application process. It would fly in the face of everything they claim to stand for. 

I suspect this has been diluted or misreported in some fashion, for what reason I don't know. However if someone has concrete evidence and not a wee bird told me story then please share. 

I would be astounded if the SFA, an association who wants as many clubs licensed and part of the pyramid as they can, would consider ruling the roost over the Eosfl application process. It would fly in the face of everything they claim to stand for. 
I suspect this has been diluted or misreported in some fashion, for what reason I don't know. However if someone has concrete evidence and not a wee bird told me story then please share. 

Could be very easily challenged in court wouldnt think its a particularly significant step. What they may seek to do is offer eosl winners licenses etc rather than blanket membership applications.

Gents

For information. Would have liked the response to be more robust however the information I have is that we are heading in the direction that will see us join the Pyramid – subject to an EGM – at a level no worse off than the EOS/SOS

Regards

Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

Subject: Pyramid Group

All,

Further to the above, there has been a considerable amount of conjecture since last Thursday’s Scottish FA Board meeting re this matter and, accordingly, I thought it would be helpful to clarify exactly what the Board agreed.

The Board of the Scottish FA discussed the matters that have been considered at the two Pyramid working groups with the most recent one having been chaired by myself.   They also considered certain specific concerns in this context that were raised with them by one of their members.  Finally they considered two requests for Scottish FA membership applications both of which were accepted and have now been referred to the licensing administration to progress in the normal course.

Given the ongoing uncertainty around finding a pyramid solution to bring the Juniors into the fold and the number of junior members that appear to be leaving without knowing what the pyramid solution is, it was agreed unanimously by the Scottish FA Board that it would not take any more membership applications until such time as this matter is resolved.   This ensures that all clubs are able to make informed decisions in the full knowledge of what the future landscape looks like; something that they are unable to do at present.

The Scottish FA President will be chairing this and will be reconvening the pyramid working group in early course to take this forward.   It is his and the Board of the Scottish FA’s wish that this can be resolved over the Summer allowing clubs to know what the situation is prior to the start of next season (noting that if any structural changes are agreed these would not come in until season 19-20).   If matters are resolved in this timescale it will only be one Board meeting (June)  where the Board are not considering applications for membership which should not cause any issues for clubs given the length of time it then takes to work through the process to gain full membership.

Alan, will be in touch in early course to set up a meeting.

Kind regards

Andrew McKinlay

Interim Chief Executive

Scottish Football Association

40 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

...until July 2018 -  Hardly an embargo is it?

Looking at the  "Last Licence Committe Review" dates in the PDF for the current licensed clubs, it seems like the the licensing committee meets in Feb/Apr/May/Aug/Oct. An embargo until July shouldn't make that much of a difference, especially as you can enter the EoS without a licence and the cut-off for the Scottish Cup etc. has passed.

Edited by Ginaro

Mibbee its me but has anything really changed.  SFA refer Johnstone's letter to the Pyramid working group for consideration and discussion and in the meantime they are not going to look at licence applications at the June board meeting although not sure what that is going to achieve.

Long way to go before the Juniors get access.

2 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Gents

For information. Would have liked the response to be more robust however the information I have is that we are heading in the direction that will see us join the Pyramid – subject to an EGM – at a level no worse off than the EOS/SOS

Regards

Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

Subject: Pyramid Group

All,

Further to the above, there has been a considerable amount of conjecture since last Thursday’s Scottish FA Board meeting re this matter and, accordingly, I thought it would be helpful to clarify exactly what the Board agreed.

The Board of the Scottish FA discussed the matters that have been considered at the two Pyramid working groups with the most recent one having been chaired by myself.   They also considered certain specific concerns in this context that were raised with them by one of their members.  Finally they considered two requests for Scottish FA membership applications both of which were accepted and have now been referred to the licensing administration to progress in the normal course.

Given the ongoing uncertainty around finding a pyramid solution to bring the Juniors into the fold and the number of junior members that appear to be leaving without knowing what the pyramid solution is, it was agreed unanimously by the Scottish FA Board that it would not take any more membership applications until such time as this matter is resolved.   This ensures that all clubs are able to make informed decisions in the full knowledge of what the future landscape looks like; something that they are unable to do at present.

The Scottish FA President will be chairing this and will be reconvening the pyramid working group in early course to take this forward.   It is his and the Board of the Scottish FA’s wish that this can be resolved over the Summer allowing clubs to know what the situation is prior to the start of next season (noting that if any structural changes are agreed these would not come in until season 19-20).   If matters are resolved in this timescale it will only be one Board meeting (June)  where the Board are not considering applications for membership which should not cause any issues for clubs given the length of time it then takes to work through the process to gain full membership.

Alan, will be in touch in early course to set up a meeting.

Kind regards

Andrew McKinlay

A thoroughly common sense message from Andrew McKinlay. No-where do they say the Juniors will jump in at the same level as the Eos/Sos, and it's clear they want any roadmap agreed by the time next season starts. Emphasis very much mine on the 2 key phrases, this will have little impact on the Junior sides moving over to the Eos and pursuing their licenses.

I suspect TJ is clutching at straws re his best possible outcome...

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

A thoroughly common sense message from Andrew McKinlay. No-where do they say the Juniors will jump in at the same level as the Eos/Sos, and it's clear they want any roadmap agreed by the time next season starts. Emphasis very much mine on the 2 key phrases, this will have little impact on the Junior sides moving over to the Eos and pursuing their licenses.

I suspect TJ is clutching at straws re his best possible outcome...

If the thorny wee issue of how to deal with the east is sorted to everyones satisfaction then great stuff, Im no sure that will be easy though.