Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I reckon Clydebank, Kilwinning, Whitletts, Pollok...... not sure about the 5th

Whitletts? I can honestly say, iv heard nothing regarding this. Could see the attraction though!

Whitletts? I can honestly say, iv heard nothing regarding this. Could see the attraction though,

Obviously didn’t realise it said premier clubs but Whitletts have always struck me as more progressive than most clubs.

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Wonder who these 5 West clubs  are that are being  talked about? not from south Ayrshire I believe. 

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

I reckon Clydebank, Kilwinning, Whitletts, Pollok...... not sure about the 5th

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kilwinning Rangers facebook page says five Premier clubs

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Kilwinning won't be one of the 5 at this point if they are saying at a meeting there are 5 clubs showing an inclination.

Only in my humble opinion of course.

Bankies.Pollok,Arthurlie,Rob Roy and another

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im led to believe Buffs are one of the main drivers of it.

How anyone can possibly know this beats me.

Clearly the suggestion of a breakaway WoSL has been debated within various club committees and among the fan base in the light of the leaked BSC email.

However, to the best of my knowledge there has been no significant inter-club discussion. If there has, Pollok weren't invited!

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

If Kilwinning were added thats half the top division in the west.

Potential  extra applicants :  BSC Reserves,  Girvan FC (already SFA members & licensed),  Glasgow University (SFA members & licensed), and Bonnyton Thistle (SoSL).  Also though probably unlikely in the short term :  East Kilbride Reserves, and Strathclyde University.

Whilst not ideal, a WoSL 'feeder' could be  created earlier rather than later, and once in situ, other West Junior clubs may decide to apply, as the financial and other benefits referred to in an earlier post by ".Stuart." above are considerable. 

The 5 West Premier clubs interested in a EoSFL West Region most likely comes from five of these nine: Clydebank, Arthurlie, Beith, Cumnock, Girvan, Glenafton, Hurlford, Kirkintilloch and Pollok.

Kilwinning are the ones asking the question. Kilbirnine came out against the WoSFL floated by the BSC email and Auchinleck are rumoured to have voted against the pyramid in the SJFA survey.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My point was, rightly or wrongly, they are opposed to the north Juniors simply being bolted on as a feeder league. I understand about the money, but there are ways to allow the league to evolve. Ie only licensed clubs can go up to the HL or go up and get a fixed period to make improvements.

Yes ideally the Pyramid can't be complete without both a West and a North feeder league system. In the north, the feeder leagues would be the :

* North Region Junior Super League - currently 14 clubs 

* North Caledonian League - currently 9 clubs,  plus Lewis & Harris FC  and  Shetland FC who only participate in some NCL Cup Competitions each season

However there have been no North Junior applications to join the HFL since 2009, and the only club already licensed (Banks O'Dee) has recently announced that it no longer wishes to be elected (or promoted) to the HFL.

Neither have there been any recent applications from clubs in the North Caledonian League, since Wick Academy (1994/95 ),  Fort William (1985/86 ) and Brora Rangers (1963/64) were elected to the HFL, and only one current NCL club holds an SFA licence (Golspie Sutherland).

Hence it is self evident that there is no  demand for a northern pyramid at the present tim......., whereas a West feeder league is overdue and essential.

The 5 West Premier clubs interested in a EoSFL West Region most likely comes from five of these nine: Clydebank, Arthurlie, Beith, Cumnock, Girvan, Glenafton, Hurlford, Kirkintilloch and Pollok.
Kilwinning are the ones asking the question. Kilbirnine came out against the WoSFL floated by the BSC email and Auchinleck are rumoured to have voted against the pyramid in the SJFA survey.

All very cloak and dagger stuff so far.

Hopefully the Buffs make the move first. All it will take is 2 or 3 of the existing West Premier clubs to do it and the whole dam will burst. The East will be decimated after this season if Bonnyrigg and/or Bo'ness go.

I'd be surprised if Troon aren't one of the clubs looking seriously at moving. They have a good setup which is always improving, an expanding youth section and great transport links.

19 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Floodlights and seating are irrelevant for this debate.

that's why some superleague clubs are getting anxious about the timing they would prefer to go as a unit but some are dragging their heels and Winton and Dalry could steal a march on them by going 1st and entering at a higher level this is what's worrying the buffs