Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 15/03/2018 at 16:49, EdinburghBlue said:

As a kid, I watched this League when it was down to Newton Stewart, St Cuthbert's, Stranraer, Threave Rovers and Wigtown.  So those who disparage it should recognise what a success it has been in the last few years.

Aye but the most recent expansion was from hoovering up and effectively killing off the Saturday amateur league.

33 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Saw this on twitter. Kilwinning Rangers having a fans meeting tonight discussing a number of issues including the pyramid and EoSIMG_20180316_184310.jpg

Think some other clubs could be doing something like this.interacting with members and fan base.instead of some thinking they own a club.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Interesting, it has been said that the EoS are willing to assist in the formation of a WoS league for those clubs that want it.

This might be how the EoSFL get the extra promotion spot(s) speculated about. Overall champion gets automatic promotion to the Lowland League, the losing Region Champion plays off against the SoSFL champion.

Really sad, but to be honest it's their own fault.

Tom Johnstone’s legacy is going to be presiding over the demise and then the ultimate death of the Junior grade. He might and should have done so much better by engaging with the pyramid at the outset.....or engaging now, but he didn’t and even at this [too] late juncture he won’t. There’s none so blind as those who will not see.   

Tom Johnstone’s legacy is going to be presiding over the demise and then the ultimate death of the Junior grade. He might and should have done so much better by engaging with the pyramid at the outset.....or engaging now, but he didn’t and even at this [too] late juncture he won’t. There’s none so blind as those who will not see.    

I can’t help but feel that Mr. Johnstone has tried to do what he felt was best for the Junior game and misjudged it so completely. There are those who would wish things to remain the same forever and those who see that everything evolves to something better. I say this with no criticism, but TJ resides firmly in the camp of the former and truly believes he’s protecting our game. Sadly, today or perhaps tomorrow but certainly sometime soon he will come to realise he’s failed to grasp the inevitability of progress. We all become dinosaurs.

Tom Johnstone and his sidekick Weegieboy are leading the Juniors down a dead end street.  The majority of Junior clubs want to be in the Pyramid but a dose of reality is required that if they move as a group of clubs it wont be at the same level as the Lowland League, it might not even be at the same level as the East of Scotland League.  They've long since missed the boat.

Also heard of a hair brained scheme that they will ask the SFA to remove the rule that clubs need to be in the Pyramid to obtain an SFA Licence, what idiot thinks that is going to happen, it's head in hands stuff.

Time for clubs to take matters into their own hands. It's happening in the east, will the west club follow...

46 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Tom Johnstone and his sidekick Weegieboy are leading the Juniors down a dead end street.  The majority of Junior clubs want to be in the Pyramid but a dose of reality is required that if they move as a group of clubs it wont be at the same level as the Lowland League, it might not even be at the same level as the East of Scotland League.  They've long since missed the boat.

Also heard of a hair brained scheme that they will ask the SFA to remove the rule that clubs need to be in the Pyramid to obtain an SFA Licence, what idiot thinks that is going to happen, it's head in hands stuff.

Time for clubs to take matters into their own hands. It's happening in the east, will the west club follow...

100% agree.  It just needs one more West Super League club to follow Clydebank's lead, and other west clubs will follow , especially if the SJFA 'ballot' shows that a majority of West clubs want to join the pyramid. But when will these results be published ?  

17 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Saw this on twitter. Kilwinning Rangers having a fans meeting tonight discussing a number of issues including the pyramid and EoSIMG_20180316_184310.jpg

Just noticed this was meant to be held last night. Has there been any news coming out about the topics of "SJFA" & "East of Scotland, West Region"?

12 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:

I can’t help but feel that Mr. Johnstone has tried to do what he felt was best for the Junior game and misjudged it so completely. There are those who would wish things to remain the same forever and those who see that everything evolves to something better. I say this with no criticism, but TJ resides firmly in the camp of the former and truly believes he’s protecting our game. Sadly, today or perhaps tomorrow but certainly sometime soon he will come to realise he’s failed to grasp the inevitability of progress. We all become dinosaurs.

I'm not so sure it can be said he has done his best  FOR Junior football.  He is in a position where there is no periodic election for his position.  Even FIFA ran elections!

He is protecting himself, pure and simple and instead of aiding change, he grips firmly on to what semblance of power he thinks he has, even if it is to the detriment of the game.

If so many teams from the East Region are going to move across to the EoSFL, then the idea of the Juniors as a unified grade is dead. The North has been completely ignored from the Lowland Superleague idea to the latest Pyramid survey. Whether the blame for that lies with the Region or the SJFA for not being more included is hard to tell. The East can come and go as they please. It's only in the West where there's these ties to the Junior brand.

This is partly what I was getting at myself the other day. TJ I think genuinely believes he was doing the right things (although wasn’t shy at milking hospitality etc) but sadly it’s just a case of the blinkers needing removed and the old dinosaurs needing to die off. (Not literally obviously![emoji1])

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

This is partly what I was getting at myself the other day. TJ I think genuinely believes he was doing the right things (although wasn’t shy at milking hospitality etc) but sadly it’s just a case of the blinkers needing removed and the old dinosaurs needing to die off. (Not literally obviously!emoji1.png)

He exists in a wee world of his own, surrounded by people and clubs who consider the pyramid as an evil satanist plot.  The times have changed though as hes about to find out.

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If so many teams from the East Region are going to move across to the EoSFL, then the idea of the Juniors as a unified grade is dead. The North has been completely ignored from the Lowland Superleague idea to the latest Pyramid survey. Whether the blame for that lies with the Region or the SJFA for not being more included is hard to tell. The East can come and go as they please. It's only in the West where there's these ties to the Junior brand.

"Ties to the Junior brand."

Has anyone had access to the results from West clubs (only) regarding the SJFA survey/'ballot' results  about joining the pyramid ?