Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?
All remaining East Teams left are in the Midlands League while the North Junior Clubs are still the same as they where when league was Nil and voided so teams in the Superleague North are Tier 6 along with the North Caledonian League and Midlands League while North Division 1 is Tier 7 and North Division 2 is Tier 8

On 29/06/2021 at 23:19, pollokfan1987 said:
On 29/06/2021 at 23:09, Robert James said:
Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?

All remaining East Teams left are in the Midlands League while the North Junior Clubs are still the same as they where when league was Nil and voided so teams in the Superleague North are Tier 6 along with the North Caledonian League and Midlands League while North Division 1 is Tier 7 and North Division 2 is Tier 8

Which clubs will be playing in North (ex) Junior league at Tiers 7 & 8, for 2021/22 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Combined discussion on Highland League, Midlands League, North Caledonian League and Grampian League. If post levels get to decent numbers we'll provide specific sub forums for each league.

Quote above is the blurb for the new P&B Highland Pyramid Forum.

Has the North Region Junior League now been officially renamed the Grampian League?

Combined discussion on Highland League, Midlands League, North Caledonian League and Grampian League. If post levels get to decent numbers we'll provide specific sub forums for each league.
Has the North Region Junior League now been officially renamed the Grampian League?
I think the North Region of the juniors have just kept there name

Also, tweet a short while ago by the SJFA's Alex McDowall

This is a move that I and numerous others were advocating 5 or more years ago, before the arrogance and control freakery of Tom Johnstone and his fellow dinosaurs began the dismantling of the  SJFA. Has it been left too late?

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

Also, tweet a short while ago by the SJFA's Alex McDowall

This is a move that I and numerous others were advocating 5 or more years ago, before the arrogance and control freakery of Tom Johnstone and his fellow dinosaurs began the dismantling of the  SJFA. Has it been left too late?

I can only hope the communications with the clubs are better. Replying to a tweet that's a few days old seems a strange way to break the news.

18 minutes ago, archieb said:

I think someone mentioned that name in another thread as a possibility and Div went along with it when changing the forums? NRJFA don't seem to have published anything and haven't changed their website to Grampian League.

11 minutes ago, archieb said:

I mean it's always been up to the SJFA whether they change their rules to allow non-members to take part and become a non-league cup - maybe they should contact all non-league clubs and see which ones will be interested in joining. Not sure which clubs would want to rejoin though (if it runs in parallel with the SCC) - given they would lose the chance of playing in the non-licensed cups.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The common sense outcome would be that the SCC and SJC are simply merged but it's Scottish football...

A couple of the WOSFL blazers have indicated talks about expanding the scope of the South Challenge Cup are in early/preliminary stages.

Well aware of that but check out what the EoS did with Conference X and King Cup games on the SJC 1st and 2nd round weekends. It would be nice to think that the blazers are suddenly going to get along but it remains to be seen if they will.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

17 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

A couple of the WOSFL blazers have indicated talks about expanding the scope of the South Challenge Cup are in early/preliminary stages.

SJFA want to expand Junior Cup to include Tier 5, WoSFL want to expand SCC. I can see the Juniors being edged out again.

Fife Journeyman

• Junior League Starter
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 311 posts
  • My Team : Raith Rovers

Junior football will no longer exist in its current format in 5 years. More ambitious clubs will join pyramid system and the rest will join amateur leagues

Edited July 4, 2015 by Fife Journeyman

• i wasnt far away!!

44 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

•  
  • i wasnt far away!!

Not read that thread before. Interesting that most of the complaints/suggestions in there being addressed in the pyramid!

• change the junior name
  • summer football (well we're playing a lot of games in July this season)
  • fixture list and marketing
  • freshening up the product
  • pathway from youth football
  • playing under the lights on a Friday night