Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 24/05/2021 at 13:11, Ginaro said:

Nothing like trying to rewrite history...

No, he was pro-pyramid.

Just so long as the Juniors entered en masse at Tier 5 and entirely separately from and parallel to the rest of the non-league seniors.

With the Junior Cup having precedence. 

No, he was pro-pyramid.
Just so long as the Juniors entered en masse at Tier 5 and entirely separately from and parallel to the rest of the non-league seniors.
I think the term more accurately is; "Pro-Juniors in the Pyramid on our terms or GTF", however that only eventually came about after a simple "GTF" at the start.

He was not pro-Pyramid.

25 minutes ago, GordonS said:

No, he was pro-pyramid.

And the choice to turn down promotion. 

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I think the term more accurately is; "Pro-Juniors in the Pyramid on our terms or GTF", however that only eventually came about after a simple "GTF" at the start.

He was not pro-Pyramid.

That's what I meant. And as FWF says as well, with the option of declining promotion.

I wonder if he wanted them to be able to refuse a relegated club too.

TJ and his cadre probably stalled the Junior entry into the pyramid for about 5 years.

You can still see that Junior mentality showing up in the WoSFL with the pantomime of the newcomers. You can build a Wembley but if we don't like yer face you ain't getting in. What the f**k is that all about?

The Juniors gave me my first look at non league Scotland, brilliant clubs, tired grounds and great passionate fans. Now we have Senior , the remaining juniors, and the Amateurs below, unless I'm wrong. Just enjoy your football at whatever level, before your playing and watching days come to an end. Got the impression that the juniors were in a state towards the end ?

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The Juniors gave me my first look at non league Scotland, brilliant clubs, tired grounds and great passionate fans. Now we have Senior , the remaining juniors, and the Amateurs below, unless I'm wrong. Just enjoy your football at whatever level, before your playing and watching days come to an end. Got the impression that the juniors were in a state towards the end ?

Juniors are gone now. The old West region is now the WoSFL, most of the East region apart from a handful of clubs in West Lothian (who chose not to switch) and those north of the Tay (who couldn't switch) joined the EoSFL a coupla of years back. The previous Lothian outcasts have now joined the EoSFL and WoSFL and the Tayside clubs have created the Midland league. The North Juniors are now tacking on under the Highland League. Junior football is dead now apart from the cup which is an opt in competition that looks like it wont last in any case

On 01/06/2021 at 11:20, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Juniors are gone now. The old West region is now the WoSFL, most of the East region apart from a handful of clubs in West Lothian (who chose not to switch) and those north of the Tay (who couldn't switch) joined the EoSFL a coupla of years back. The previous Lothian outcasts have now joined the EoSFL and WoSFL and the Tayside clubs have created the Midland league. The North Juniors are now tacking on under the Highland League. Junior football is dead now apart from the cup which is an opt in competition that looks like it wont last in any case

It is understood that the 3 new north pyramid leagues, The (ex) North Junior,  the North Caledonian ,  and the (former) East Junior Leagues, have reached agreement regarding rule changes required, including promotion to, and relegation from, the Highland League.

Apparently, these 3 leagues require formal ratification of their Tier 6 Pyramid status, below the Highland League, by the SFA, after these changes have been approved at their individual league AGMs. The North Caley AGM is being held on 10th June.  Have dates been announced for the AGMs, of the other 2 proposed senior leagues (as I may have missed them) ?  If so, when are they being held ?

Edited by Robert James
typo

36 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Apparently, these 3 leagues require formal ratification of their Tier 6 Pyramid status, below the Highland League, by the SFA, after these changes have been approved at their individual league AGMs. The North Caley AGM is being held on 10th June.  Have dates been announced for the AGMs, of the other 2 proposed senior leagues (as I may have missed them) ?  If so, when are they being held ?

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

5 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

The North Caledonian League is being joined by the North Juniors, and the Midlands League (TBC) in a promotion play-off, with the winners then playing the bottom team in the Highland League. Subject to those clubs being licensed of course. 

So they will become part of the senior pyramid, and effectively be "senior" - there will not be much difference to other tier 6 leagues, except these two will be controlled by the SJFA and only contain SJFA members. Though that could change if say Turriff United finished bottom and were relegated.

3 hours ago, tellyboy said:

I've no problem with these clubs retaining SJFA membership, as it is a good compromise, in order to get the Pyramid up and running for all three leagues in the north.

It will however be interesting to see how long this junior/senior 'overlap' lasts, after (say) 5 years of promotions & relegations.

Be interesting to see how the clubs cope with the new tier 6 leagues, whether they would need ground upgrades in the future - how many want/need/have to get licensed. Could be a cost too far, maybe, with the jump into senior football. Good to get a solid pyramid under the HFL  at least.

On 03/06/2021 at 20:29, Andy groundhopper said:

Be interesting to see how the clubs cope with the new tier 6 leagues, whether they would need ground upgrades in the future - how many want/need/have to get licensed. Could be a cost too far, maybe, with the jump into senior football. Good to get a solid pyramid under the HFL  at least.

The granting of Tier 6 (when confirmed) will encourage some ambitious clubs in all 3 leagues in the Highland Pyramid, to start planning for an SFA licence. 

Expect the current number of licensed clubs  (1 in North Juniors, 1 in NCL, and 0 in Midland Juniors), to at least double within the next 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 14:33, tellyboy said:

Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 

I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  

Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 
I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  
Buckie Rovers and Spey Valley are the two teams sitting out this season

22 hours ago, pollokfan1987 said:
23 hours ago, Robert James said:

Thanks.

22 hours ago, pollokfan1987 said:
23 hours ago, Robert James said:

Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?