Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Your "assumptions" during the last few years about the direction of the Pyramid and PWG activity have been wrong at each and every turn, ...

Childish to make a statement like that and more than a little bit bizarre given I was posting plenty of stuff on here that was supportive of the initial mass defection from the east region to the EoS.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Except that it's entirely factually accurate. Just because you were supportive of one thing that actually happened doesn't mean that your attempts to "read the room" have been anything other than dreadfully wrong over the last five years or so.

Patently absurd given I was posting in support of clubs moving to the EoS from the east region, for the west region to become the WoS and tried to explain to people like locheeboy and certain posters from the west that Burnieman was correct that the SFA would not be able to force the SJFA into the pyramid against the wishes of the EoS and painstakingly tried to explain why this was the case based on the annexe to the LL constitution on what needs to happen to change the tier 6 playoff rule.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Childish to make a statement like that and more than a little bit bizarre given I was posting plenty of stuff on here that was supportive of the initial mass defection from the east region to the EoS.

Childish? you'd know all about that.

The truth is you can't handle being contradicted even slightly and have repeatedly shown yourself to be incapable of treating people who disagree with you with basic common courtesy. Any coincidence that Blackburn would be pretty much the epicentre for junior clubs south of the Tay that have stayed out of the pyramid the longest?  Take a long hard look in the mirror for why that might be.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The truth is you can't handle being contradicted even slightly and have repeatedly shown yourself to be incapable of treating people who disagree with you with basic common courtesy. Any coincidence that Blackburn would be pretty much the epicentre for junior clubs south of the Tay that have stayed out of the pyramid the longest?  Take a long hard look in the mirror for why that might be.

Hang on, I'm pointing out that your assumptions have been wrong at every turn in the past, so the chances are that trying to guess "where the wind is blowing" with this Colt team stuff will also be wrong.  Sorry about that, someone else has also noticed this.

Then you level accusations of me being childish, then proceed to drag my club into it every time you're floundering.  Think a pause to the season at the moment is a good idea - bring my club into it. Think you're talking pish about Tayside clubs - bring my club into it.

Who is being childish and needs the mirror? same old Lurker.

Edited by Burnieman

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Still a tiny glimpse of New Year optimism survives somewhere :thumsup2

I'd normally say that I'm a positive person, but that might not be the best statement to make at the moment. 🤨

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Did you expect it to? emoji23.png

Not really... Tbh, if there was a major breakthrough in the Tayside debate I'd already have known it anyway.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I haven't been on P&B for the last 2 months and only returned today, but I see nothing has changed over here yet...

Any murmurs Marten about the direction that the Dundee clubs may be heading in particular Lochee United? South? North? Or are heads sadly still stuck in the sand?

54 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any murmurs Marten about the direction that the Dundee clubs may be heading in particular Lochee United? South? North? Or are heads sadly still stuck in the sand?

As far as I'm aware, there has been no change in the position of the Tayside clubs in the past few months. But for obvious reasons I haven't seen the local junior people I know much lately.

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

Season deadScreenshot_20210108-080320_Chrome.jpeg

Plenty of spare time for club officials to now sort out their applications to join the EOSFL next season then. No excuse for another “Livingston United” slip-up with a delayed application.

Really looking forward to  Covid free season in 2021/22 with a raft of new teams joining the EOSFL. We all have a rosy future to look forward to.

On 08/01/2021 at 10:14, FairWeatherFan said:

I wonder if they'll even come back? Certainly in the South where they've only played 2-3 league games for the most part.

Why would they not? The season continued through the peak of the virus, fingers crossed by February 6 UK cases will be half of what they are now. The restart may well be pushed back a few weeks but there will still be enough time to finish the season. 

1 hour ago, Antony said:

Why would they not? The season continued through the peak of the virus, fingers crossed by February 6 UK cases will be half of what they are now. The restart may well be pushed back a few weeks but there will still be enough time to finish the season. 

No chance. The projections show us rising and then static well into late February and March with a concomitant* rise in hospital admissions that will leave us struggling with capacity. There'll be a harder lockdown coming shortly, I'm fairly sure.

*© The Rangers F.C.

Edited by Cyclizine

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

No chance. The projections show us rising and then static well into late February and March with a concomitant* rise in hospital admissions that will leave us struggling with capacity. There'll be a harder lockdown coming shortly, I'm fairly sure.

*© The Rangers F.C.

Ok my mistake I haven't seen that information. The cases have decreased for the last 2 days (more than previous weekends) so I presumed we were levelled out. I thought cases would start to level off around 14 days after Christmas. I think deaths and hospital admissions will peak a fortnight or a month after cases have peaked. I'm not sure deaths and hospital admissions are as relevant as cases though. A rise in deaths is because of a rise in cases a few weeks earlier.