Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 03/01/2021 at 14:08, parsforlife said:

The ground criteria is the headline part.   But there’s also first team,  legal/financial and youth sections that club need to meet.

The big requirements are cover for 100 and floodlights,  but dressing rooms can also be one of the tough criteria to meet if they are too small. 

@ Darvel 

Edited by ArabAuslander

On 03/01/2021 at 17:23, parsforlife said:

Had a look at broughty on non-league Scotland.  Aye they’ll probably not be too far away.  But the awkward wee things do add up.   For example the goals would need changed as portable goals aren’t acceptable.  

Broughty’s changing rooms aren’t great. And someone mentioned Harp - their changing rooms are non existent! 

11 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Broughty’s changing rooms aren’t great. And someone mentioned Harp - their changing rooms are non existent! 

A couple of converted Portacabins can be used tbf. It's not as if there's a massive rush for Harp, they're not going to be fighting for promotion anytime soon, even if the Tayside Juniors join the HL Feeders.

6 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

A couple of converted Portacabins can be used tbf. It's not as if there's a massive rush for Harp, they're not going to be fighting for promotion anytime soon, even if the Tayside Juniors join the HL Feeders.

They could however enter the Scottish Cup every year with a licence and become full SFA members, which brings financial benefits.  That's once a senior league is there for them to move to.

On 03/01/2021 at 10:53, Cyclizine said:

Of course the HFL don't want the North of Tay juniors in their league: the HFL is a Tier 5 league for licenced teams, it's not their job to create a Tier 6 league for Tayside. The Tayside clubs should be either speaking to the North Region or coming up with something themselves (a new league or at least trying their luck with the EoSFL, however unlikely that is). None of this appears to be happening.

The Tayside clubs, or in reality the ERJFA as that will almost certainly only consist of those clubs in 6 months time, should be talking to the NRJFA for a tie up in whatever form it suits them.  A full integration, or an amalgamated Premier League, or just a Championship play-off. If they are wanting access to the Pyramid that is exactly what should be getting discussed.  They already have a regional cup in place.

The old "The HL doesn't want us" line is a red herring, they don't have a choice.  Now they might not fancy ERJFA as a direct feeder, but they cannot prevent them linking up with the NRJFA and taking things from there.

A Midland League at tier 6 for just 16/17 clubs isn't going to happen, and it's doubtful any applications to the EoS will be entertained.

56 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Tayside clubs, or in reality the ERJFA as that will almost certainly only consist of those clubs in 6 months time, should be talking to the NRJFA for a tie up in whatever form it suits them.  A full integration, or an amalgamated Premier League, or just a Championship play-off. If they are wanting access to the Pyramid that is exactly what should be getting discussed.  They already have a regional cup in place.

The old "The HL doesn't want us" line is a red herring, they don't have a choice.  Now they might not fancy ERJFA as a direct feeder, but they cannot prevent them linking up with the NRJFA and taking things from there.

A Midland League at tier 6 for just 16/17 clubs isn't going to happen, and it's doubtful any applications to the EoS will be entertained.

If such a league did come to pass, would Fife and Perthshire teams not play in it as well?

On 03/01/2021 at 17:23, parsforlife said:

Had a look at broughty on non-league Scotland.  Aye they’ll probably not be too far away.  But the awkward wee things do add up.   For example the goals would need changed as portable goals aren’t acceptable.  

How does the portable goal situation work in senior and the spfl ? As I'm guessing that on every 3g pitch, all goals are of the portable type ? I maybe wrong of course.

13 hours ago, Burnieman said:

....A Midland League at tier 6 for just 16/17 clubs isn't going to happen, and it's doubtful any applications to the EoS will be entertained.

patriot1, who is linked to St Andrews United, has stated on here that EoS clubs have been told that there are no geographical limits on who can apply and have their application put to the membership. Luncarty got in last year despite being north of the Club 42 line of latitude in terms of their registered ground.

Seriously doubt they can put the votes together to push it through in time for next season but would be interesting to hear the finer details of the latest reconstruction move related to Old Firm Colt teams and a 16 club League Two with two new teams from the HL and LL.

Given Ken Ferguson of Brechin City's probable involvement, a boundary shift for relegation where Angus clubs are concerned might well be in the fine print and the LL's motivation for agreeing to it would probably be an automatic promotion mechanism.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

patriot1, who is linked to St Andrews United, has stated on here that EoS clubs have been told that there are no geographical limits on who can apply and have their application put to the membership. Luncarty got in last year despite being north of the Club 42 line of latitude in terms of their registered ground.

I'm well aware of what he has said.  Luncarty, as has been repeated to you on umpteen occasions, was treated as an unusual case as the village straddles the boundary line.

The EoS, and the EoS alone decide who can and cannot be admitted as members.

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

...Luncarty, as has been repeated to you on umpteen occasions, was treated as an unusual case as the village straddles the boundary line...

That's only your interpretation of what happened as far as I can see. Has there been an official statement from the EoS  where this has been stated?

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

That's only your interpretation of what happened as far as I can see. Has there been an official statement from the EoS  where this has been stated?

It's not interpretation, as much as you want it to be.  Your campaign to get Tayside clubs to apply to the EoS is odd to say the least.

I am not campaigning for anything where Tayside clubs are concerned. You clearly have a strong opinion on what the outcome should be. I'm not hugely fussed either way. I can see which way the wind is blowing where the SFA, HL and SPFL is concerned and it's not towards the outcome you want, which means this issue is still far from settled.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I am not campaigning for anything where Tayside clubs are concerned. You clearly have a strong opinion on what the outcome should be. I'm not hugely fussed either way. I can see which way the wind is blowing where the SFA, HL and SPFL is concerned and it's not towards the outcome you want, which means this issue is still far from settled.

"I can see the way the wind is blowing"  like all the other times where you have been completely wrong.

To repeat, the EoS dictates who admits clubs into membership and nobody else, it's the same for any other league. Having Tayside clubs competing in LL and its feeders makes a mockery of the Pyramid and completely unbalances it more than it already is, as has been pointed out many times. 

However if they do somehow end up in the EoS, it means more disruption to the structure and further distances for clubs to travel. Their chance was two years ago, even last year, but now I think that ship has sailed.  Has anyone asked Brechin Vics or Forfar United or Coupar Angus if they want to compete in the EoS now that it extends to the Borders?

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

...To repeat, the EoS dictates who admits clubs into membership and nobody else, ...

In what way does this contradict anything I have posted in recent days when what I was pointing out was that we have been told by patriot1 is that EoS clubs were informed that there are no geographical limits on who can apply and have their application voted on by the membership, and how can I be repeatedly wrong when what I am usually doing as above with the tweet about the Daily Mail article is posting factually about what is happening?  Brechin were unlikely to give up and have one of their directors on the SPFL board. This colt team and expansion of league two proposal looks like it could be this year's iteration of changing the playoff rule to their liking as well as a ploy aimed at avoiding relegation to tier 5 in the short term.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In what way does this contradict anything I have posted in recent days when what I was pointing out was that we have been told by patriot1 is that EoS clubs were informed that there are no geographical limits on who can apply and have their application voted on by the membership, and how can I be repeatedly wrong when what I am usually doing as above with the tweet about the Daily Mail article is posting factually about what is happening?  Brechin were unlikely to give up and have one of their directors on the SPFL board. This colt team and expansion of league two proposal looks like it could be this year's iteration of changing the playoff rule to their liking as well as a ploy aimed at avoiding relegation to tier 5 in the short term.

Your "assumptions" during the last few years about the direction of the Pyramid and PWG activity have been wrong at each and every turn, this is just another assumption on your part.

To repeat, what was said by the EoS is that any club is free to apply for membership just like any other league.  Whether their application is accepted by the Board or the members is another matter.  Not sure that's a revelation, just like it's not a revelation that the EoS don't consider Tayside to be an area of the country covered by the league.

There could be horse trading going on behind the scenes regarding Colt teams, but it doesn't appear the EoS are involved and the LL have already voted against moving the demarcation line.