Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

I wonder which interpretation will 'give' here: the throwaway statement of an SFA President whose officeholders have demonstrated zero grasp of football at non-league level or the actual written rule book that the clubs and leagues within the system have signed up to. It's a real cliffhanger!

Looking forward to a future AFC Morton walking straight into the North Caledonian League 'because the SFA guy said so' though.

The EoS have said that Orkney could apply to join them. Doesn't mean they'd be accepted though. 

40 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The actual written rule only applies to where Club 42 gets relegated to. There is nothing anywhere in the rules to stop Carnoustie Panmure joining the EoS, if the existing membership voted them in.

I agree that at the EoS level in the Pyramid the league could accept any club, including Carnoustie Panmure. 

However, Panmure are one of the strong club left in the north of Tay Bridge area and might become a contender for promotion.

Would the stronger  EoS clubs be keen to allow in a competitive club which, under current rules, could become a  promotion  bed blocker? i.e. they wouldn't be able to take promotion to the Lowland League.

Would Borders clubs be keen on travelling to Carnoustie?

Edited by Dev

As things stand there is nothing in the rules stopping them from being promoted to the LL either. They only wind up as definitively being in the HL catchment if they get promoted to the SPFL after that then get relegated from the SPFL as Club 42.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

One Tayside club did apply to join the EOS when the large exodus took place back in 2018. They were told that they wouldn't be considered for the EOS due to geography. It's never been confirmed who that club were, but rumours are strong that Carnoustie were the ones trying to apply. Luncarty are obviously north of the line, but only just. It's much easier to get to there from the M90 than to Tayside clubs like Carnoustie. I highly doubt that any Dundee/Angus sides would be accepted if they tried.

Edited by Marten

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Double check your cards, someone must have won Tayside bingo by now.

Every few months we have the same discussion. 

"Luncarty set a precedent". No they didn't. 

"teams from North of the Tay are in limbo as they can't apply to the EOS". No they're not and yes they can. 

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They should try again and put it to the test. I was surprised that they accepted Luncarty apparently with very little opposition on a travel sort of basis.

But as already posted luncarty isnt much further than jeanfield.

I think ideally if tayside was to be lowland league that tayside would be a league and add north fife and perth teams to tayside.

On 23/04/2018 at 22:14, Dev said:

This is interesting.

“Any club which isn't a Full Member of the SFA can play in any league that it chooses. All clubs in Scotland are either Full Members (and Licenced) and have SFA voting powers or they are Registered Members (Not Licenced) which have no voting powers. There are only a few Full Member clubs below the Highland and Lowland Leagues, and some are in the EoS and the SoS, with other in the SJFA plus Glasgow Uni and Golspie. ALL of the remainder are Registered Members, including the vast majority of SJFA, EoS and SoS leagues.
You require a current Licence in order to be promoted to the SPFL or to the Highland and Lowland Leagues. “

SFA ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION (Extracts)

4. MEMBERS
4.1 The aggregate number of full members of the Scottish FA shall be restricted to 200 and the Board may from time to time register an increase of such members within that limit.
4.2 Members shall be of two classes:- full members and registered members.

6. APPLICATION AND FEES

6.1 Clubs ................................ may be admitted as registered members or full members, subject to the provisions of Articles 6.2 to 6.7 (both inclusive).
6.2 A club ............................... shall be admitted as a registered member automatically by reason of its being admitted as a member of an Affiliated Association or an Affiliated National Association, .............................................................. . A registered member may apply at any time to become a full member.
6.3 .................................................................. No application for full membership of the Scottish FA shall be granted by the Board unless the Licensing Committee confirms to the Board that the applicant, if it is a club, has satisfied the minimum criteria as prescribed within the Club Licensing Procedures.
6.6 All applications for full membership shall be considered and decided by the Board and the Board’s
 decision on the matter shall be final.

I posted this on 23rd April, 2018.

Lifted from FitbaNorth as I couldn't see it posted on their social media, Buckie Rovers have gone into abeyance for 2020-21. The usual struggles of a small aging committee that has been exacerbated by COVID.

Good evening folks
Just to keep you all in the loop.
As of this week,we regret to inform everyone that Buckie Rovers has came to a decision to take a season in abeyance,meaning we have withdrawn the club from the junior league until next season 2021/22..
This is not something that we wanted to do and it was a tough call to make as it leaves a cracking squad of players without a team.
The Covid restrictions has not helped matters and has affected the whole community,but the main reason is due to insufficient committee members.
Over the years we have been fortunate to have a good,hard working committee in place,who have all played a fantastic part in the running and upkeep of the club.However due to various reasons of age,health and family committments we have dwindled down to only one remaining member.The last 3 years AGM's has not attracted any new committee members,and in the past few months our plea in the local paper and FB page for help to come forward unfortunately has not had any response.The club simply cannot run without a proper committee in place.

As things stand there is no guarantee when the junior league will resume,if it even starts at all.
Lets hope next season we can get some new members involved and get the club back into the junior league where it belongs.
We will keep this page going and I will continue to update our situation and be available for any correspondence in relation to the club.

Thank you to everyone who has came along and supported the club and helped us out along the way during our fund raising events.

Thank you to all our committee who have been involved with the club and worked long and hard to maintain the club and organise our fundraising events.

Special thanks to Alan Fraser,the clubs honorary member and lifelong Rovers superfan for all he has done for the club.

Finally a huge thank you to our players and coaches for your dedication and committment to the club,as without you lads there would be no Buckie Rovers at all.We have been fortunate to have an excellent squad of lads who turn up week in week out and give 100% every single time.
All the best to you lads and hope to see you all back next season
I sincerely hope you all get signed up for this coming season as each and every one of you will be an asset to any team.
Stay safe

Thank you again
Grant.
Chairman

31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Lifted from FitbaNorth as I couldn't see it posted on their social media, Buckie Rovers have gone into abeyance for 2020-21. The usual struggles of a small aging committee that has been exacerbated by COVID.

Sad news. Hope they come back stronger. Had a brilliant day up there in the SJC about 10 years ago.

As I've mentioned before, it's this lack of help that's killing clubs-  easy to expect everything done for you, just turn up for the game. Lose the volunteers, you lose the clubs, simple as that eh. Personally I find it hard, as I'd run (secretary etc) and played for the one club all my life, so I understand what these clubs go through.

• 4 weeks later...