Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

34 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Not following, are these club statements a public display of commitment towards to the WOSFL? Needless tribalism imo 

Ours didn't mention the WoSFL once, so yeah, we've gone full-on tribal there.

One minute you're yowling at the moon about supporters not being kept in the loop, the next you're whining when they are... You'd be better picking a position and sticking to it, although from what I understand you couldn't even pick a club and stick to that.

You don't like it. We get that, but in the grand scheme of things:

Ajit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Seems to be growing as a news item

However, in a shock move that could spark concerns for the future of the Junior Cup, Glens - who are four-time winners of the trophy - believe competing in the tournament would clog up their fixture calendar and it would "not be in the club's best interests" to compete.

The club also believes there should only be one body to govern the game at this level to avoid "potential conflicts of interest" and they have chosen not to renew their SJFA membership when football returns after the Covid-19 shutdown.

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

I personally dont see myself as any kind of a big deal, appericate it's all one way traffic in these forums but it's either personal or its fly of the handle at anything that's not what you want to hear 🤷‍♂️

Ironic. I was halfway through a post about your pattern of acting obtuse until being called out and then claiming it was personal.

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Probably informing their fans of their decision, you know, communicating. Wasn't that what you were bleating about?

Interest word choice, poor days when considering consultation with the fan base is considered bleating. Think there is a massive difference between consultation with your supporters and telling your supporters something. Out of interest how big is the support base at your club? I've genuinely no idea who your team is.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

Ironic. I was halfway through a post about your pattern of acting obtuse until being called out and then claiming it was personal.

Thanks.

You cant pick a team etc, it's the usual personal from the faceless such as yourself. I dont bring that up, folk like u do. I identify and then get I'm playing a victim. Again say nothing I'm silenced, say something I'm having a meltdown. Folk can wind me up all the time but I can't ever wind them up. Pretty rubbish debate ground really.

if you read again what I'm saying theres a difference between consulting about the future and telling your supporters what's happening. 

Interest word choice, poor days when considering consultation with the fan base is considered bleating. Think there is a massive difference between consultation with your supporters and telling your supporters something. Out of interest how big is the support base at your club? I've genuinely no idea who your team is.
You're certainly a strange cookie.

You cant pick a team etc, it's the usual personal from the faceless such as yourself. I dont bring that up, folk like u do. I identify and then get I'm playing a victim. Again say nothing I'm silenced, say something I'm having a meltdown. Folk can wind me up all the time but I can't ever wind them up. Pretty rubbish debate ground really. if you read again what I'm saying theres a difference between consulting about the future and telling your supporters what's happening. 

Talbot appear to have made no attempt to consult fans. We did, as did other clubs.

No public meeting, no live video on social media (something you could surely do), nothing.

That was their prerogative.

17 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Talbot appear to have made no attempt to consult fans. We did, as did other clubs.

No public meeting, no live video on social media (something you could surely do), nothing.

That was their prerogative.

The various committees and supporters clubs all feed back into club. Weekly Talbot update is emailed to all members and media outlets. Would imagine if Talbot were considering leaving their junior credentials behind then we might see wider consultation in the public domain. 

Can't see some clubs leaving as they signed The Declaration. That was a pretty public "We're behind you TAJ" position to adopt.

Certainly Lok did this and communicated it to members, and while I disagree with that stance, that was the stance taken.

39 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can't see some clubs leaving as they signed The Declaration. That was a pretty public "We're behind you TAJ" position to adopt.

Certainly Lok did this and communicated it to members, and while I disagree with that stance, that was the stance taken.

Did we ever get to the bottom of that one, read there was a leak to that same reporter about Talbot and like Annbank signing some declaration but was loose in the details if I remember correctly 

[emoji849]

He ducked the question as he was 'silenced by the overlords' who are all 'embarrassed by him' but is equally 'having a meltdown'. Or just doesnt want to answer lol 

5 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

At the moment the gap between Amateurs and Seniors is too wide to bridge without using a former Junior ground. Drumchapel, St Cadoc’s and Edinburgh South are all ground-sharing. The answer may be in forming a new West of Scotland Amateur League and East of Scotland Amateur League which caters for the best of the Amateurs and those with ambition. Say 10 or 12 clubs in each league.

Maybe those new leagues would be an idea, with ground criteria set for say 2-3 years,given those teams have ambition of course. Guess grounds from east/West region to Lowland to spfl all need work as they go along. Just trying to find a way of keeping the junior name going somehow. Suppose that's where ground sharing solves issues up to a point - is there a time limit on ground sharing in Scotland ?

14 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of that one, read there was a leak to that same reporter about Talbot and like Annbank signing some declaration but was loose in the details if I remember correctly 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/auchinleck-talbot-sign-declaration-backing-21675703

Pollok told their members we'd be joining WOSL but retaining Junior membership.

15 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Maybe those new leagues would be an idea, with ground criteria set for say 2-3 years,given those teams have ambition of course. Guess grounds from east/West region to Lowland to spfl all need work as they go along. Just trying to find a way of keeping the junior name going somehow. Suppose that's where ground sharing solves issues up to a point - is there a time limit on ground sharing in Scotland ?

If you play on a public park or use a 3G facility (but perhaps use 3 or 4 grounds depending) there ain't much to upgrade. A number of these clubs are a coaching team and players with not a great deal beyond it. No club buildings, no history. Someone important leaves, bye bye club. There are exceptions but I'd say they were just that - exceptions.

Edited by cmontheloknow