Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The Junior grade deserved a better demise than this. Some of its appointed and self-appointed spokespeople should take a good look at themselves and ask how much their intransigence played a part.

The pod asked a question about what the future of the grade was - well the fact virtually 100 clubs have left in the past 2 years answers that, eh?

🤔🙄

Edited by cmontheloknow

Whaal,is Larry fae Lochee bitter or what!!!
Agree both the West guys have got a grasp of what's happening.

If I remember correctly, on here this Larry Duncan character got himself in all sorts of argumentative fankles over Juniors in the Pyramid as LocheeBoy and had his ar*e ultimately handed to him by burnieman, who is probably still owed a proper apology for being on the end of all his inaccurate rantings and ravings and “done deal” claims. It seems that he has failed to learn any lessons and his podcast appearance was nothing short of embarrassing for him, his club and the rump of Junior sides left across a diminishing area of the country.

There can be little doubt that the Tayside clubs have found themselves in the most difficult place of all the rump Juniors, but positive engagement with others in the Pyramid to try and find a good and proper place within it was required of people like Larry and they have failed horribly.

Larry spent most of the podcast whining about the terrible road to Aberdeen then was practically in tears about Tayside clubs having to regularly cross the Forth despite the supposedly wonderful road system. Thinks the border should be at Stonehaven which would put Montrose Roselea in an awkward place.

Interesting podcast, I don't think Larry said that much wrong tbh. Yes, he was mistaken about Caledonian Braves, but the point about the conferences in the west could well be true. People claimed before the "bombshell" from the SFA recently that conferences at tier 6 would not be allowed and those claims were rubbished. Would the SFA really just have changed their mind because 2 (current) West Juniors lobbied to them? That sounds quite unlikely to me. We'll probably never know the full story behind it, but I it can't be ruled out that the LL & EOS in fact were warned by the SFA, thought they could push on with conferences as it wouldn't be veto'd and found out the SFA stuck to their views.

Interesting podcast, I don't think Larry said that much wrong tbh.

Surprised you would say this to be honest, perhaps your support of Lochee is colouring you viewpoint just a little?

As has been mentioned in at least one previous observation, not all he said was wrong but the sheer, seething bitterness of just about everything he spoke of was awful. From this podcast appearance you can safely assume that there will continue to be little in the way of positive engagement with the Pyramid on his part and that will continue to be detrimental to his club and to the rest of the Tayside teams.

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

Interesting podcast, I don't think Larry said that much wrong tbh. Yes, he was mistaken about Caledonian Braves, but the point about the conferences in the west could well be true. People claimed before the "bombshell" from the SFA recently that conferences at tier 6 would not be allowed and those claims were rubbished. Would the SFA really just have changed their mind because 2 (current) West Juniors lobbied to them? That sounds quite unlikely to me. We'll probably never know the full story behind it, but I it can't be ruled out that the LL & EOS in fact were warned by the SFA, thought they could push on with conferences as it wouldn't be veto'd and found out the SFA stuck to their views.

In fairness, you cannot rule it in either.

It's difficult to rule in or out "interference" by outside sources given that RP attended many PWG meetings and Lowland/EoS/SoS meetings about the then proposed WoS, as did IM at which many matters were raised including Conferences at Tier 6.

Make of it what you will but the WoS is here. Move on.

14 minutes ago, Dev said:

In fairness, you cannot rule it in either.

It's difficult to rule in or out "interference" by outside sources given that RP attended many PWG meetings and Lowland/EoS/SoS meetings about the then proposed WoS, as did IM at which many matters were raised including Conferences at Tier 6.

Make of it what you will but the WoS is here. Move on.

I'm not ruling anything in or out as I don't know the full details myself, but I'm also not taking the view that it all changed due to 2 clubs lobbying as gospel. As I said, we'll probably never know for sure. I agree that we need to move on, and hopefully there will be a solution for the north & Tayside in the near future.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I enjoyed it also all the officials contributed well thanks guys! 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Interesting podcast, I don't think Larry said that much wrong tbh. Yes, he was mistaken about Caledonian Braves, but the point about the conferences in the west could well be true...

Somebody on that podcast needed to learn how to mute their microphone when they are not in the conversation and Larry Duncan definitely needed to dial back the liar and Maryhill rent accusations as it detracted from the other things he was saying.

Beyond that though it was interesting to hear the sort of perspective from Larry Duncan that normally gets shouted down on here, e.g. the early meetings with Stewart Regan and how it was the clubs rather than TAJ that blocked progress on the pyramid which fits with how the superduperleague proposal unfolded, for example.

Too bad the host was unaware of the full implications of Luncarty being accepted despite being north of the line in terms of their registered ground.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Surprised you would say this to be honest, perhaps your support of Lochee is colouring you viewpoint just a little?

As has been mentioned in at least one previous observation, not all he said was wrong but the sheer, seething bitterness of just about everything he spoke of was awful. From this podcast appearance you can safely assume that there will continue to be little in the way of positive engagement with the Pyramid on his part and that will continue to be detrimental to his club and to the rest of the Tayside teams.

he was aperfect example of what Breadalbane and other progressive teams in Tayside are up against.

I agree Larry came across as bitter but given his posts here that wasn't a huge surprise. 

I was more surprised by how totally clueless David Cadenhead came across as! It was like he'd never heard of there being a dividing line between Highland League and Lowland League. If NRJFA officials are really that ignorant then it does explain why no progress has been made on dealing with the Tayside issue.

And the Tayside clubs have got to take some responsibility for that because surely they should have at least had a conversation with the North Region clubs about potential structures at some point in the last 7 years since the Lowland League was created. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The good news for Tayside clubs is that the Luncarty precedent means they should be able to put in applications now to the EoS that would be put to a vote of the member clubs. Ditto Breadalbane.

There is no Luncarty precedent. The EOS have stated that they will accept applications from any club in Scotland and it will be up to the clubs whether to accept them. There was never an issue with the location of the Luncarty ground as far as the EOS board were concerned. It was just posters on here who got into a detailed debate about it. 

44 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

There is no Luncarty precedent. The EOS have stated that they will accept applications from any club in Scotland and it will be up to the clubs whether to accept them. There was never an issue with the location of the Luncarty ground as far as the EOS board were concerned. It was just posters on here who got into a detailed debate about it. 

If say Carnoustie applied, would they get in?