Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The North of the Tay line only applies to teams coming down from the SPFL.

Any club is welcome to apply to the EOS and its up to its members if they wish to accept them.

Is that Luncarty from "North of the Tay" i see joining the East of Scotland League?

North Region Junior Clubs have voted 19/13 in favour of a Null  & Void Season in line with the East Region Management decision. Wont be popular with all and you can see it from both sides of the argument    

It's doubtful that Luncarty will be a in a position anytime soon (perhaps ever) for promotion from the EoSFL so it's a bit redundant from that point of view. If they were to win the EoSPL then, perhaps, under that scenario the LL could refuse to accept them. In which case the two options would be they have to be taken in the same vein as an unlicensed club (which they are anyway) and there would be no promotion from the EoSPL that year. Or, alternatively, they could be added to any promotion play off for the HL that season along with the winners of whatever is in tier 6 in the North.

Either way we're getting far too far into the land of hypotheticals.

The only other issue could be clubs from Perthshire/Dundee/Angus saying "Hey! How come they're allowed in the East when we're naw" at which point the answer is "The EoSFL is a member led organisation and can accept and refuse new members on a case by case basis so dry yer eyes"

51 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

The difference  with Luncarty is if the wind is blowing in the right direction they could gob over the boundary line. 

To be honest, they're so close to the line that I have no problem an exception is made. Just the same that if the ERJFA North or Tayside league what it effectively is gets accepted in the pyramid, Scone & Tayport should be allowed to stay in if they so with. They are again both extremely close to the line. Making exceptions for 3 clubs that close to the line (or 2 if Scone do end up choosing the EoSFL in the end but it seems to me they're quite happy to stay Tayside) is easier than changing over a whole area including Dundee and going up to Brechin and Blairgowrie.

On 29/04/2020 at 18:42, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No matter who makes it to the SPFL from the non-league will have a sizeable crowd increase but, no, Talbot are not going to be taking 1,000+ fans to games against Cowdenbeath and Forfar.

Maybe not 1000+, but I think there’s a good chance there might be an increase in folk willing to travel away to these places. There’ll be a bit of ‘novelty factor’ for a while I think.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Oh goody

Looking forward to this. Gonna be right hoot!

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Cumbo explained it on the last page. Other Tayside clubs could apply because there is no rule preventing that from happening but the EoS clubs are also fully within their rights to reject them.

I said the same thing in the new clubs to EOS thread but it doesn't seem to be sinking in with some. 

Forget about the Luncarty situation, any Tayside junior side can apply join so the debate about a tayside feeder to the HL can wait for 12 months. 

Edited by patriot1

7 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I said the same thing in the new clubs to EOS thread but it doesn't seem to be sinking in with some. 

Forget about the Luncarty situation, any Tayside junior side can apply join so the debate about a tayside feeder to the HL can wait for 12 months. 

I highly doubt the EOS would accept any Tayside junior side...

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

I highly doubt the EOS would accept any Tayside junior side...

You could be right but hopefully someone tests the water next year. 

At least in the meantime we won't have any more arguments about grounds being just under or over the line. 

4 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

At least in the meantime we won't have any more arguments about grounds being just under or over the line. 

True, regardless of who will apply, it's now clear that whether or not to accept north of Tay applicants is down to the EOS themselves.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

I'm sure someone on this forum rumoured this has already happened and the enquiry was rejected. Don't know how true that was.

I'm sure someone on this forum rumoured this has already happened and the enquiry was rejected. Don't know how true that was.

I just can’t see a majority of EoSFL sides accepting teams from north of the ‘accepted’ dividing line. There can be a never ending argument re precedent but most people would accept that the dividing line passing through the centre of a town/village is a unique circumstance. No precedence is being set by accepting a team from that town/village no matter how much some may wish it to be otherwise. A Dundee team should try applying and see where it gets them.

6 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I just can’t see a majority of EoSFL sides accepting teams from north of the ‘accepted’ dividing line. There can be a never ending argument re precedent but most people would accept that the dividing line passing through the centre of a town/village is a unique circumstance. No precedence is being set by accepting a team from that town/village no matter how much some may wish it to be otherwise. A Dundee team should try applying and see where it gets them.

When you consider the LL advert for applications last year they used the SPFL playoff boundary line to set limits on applications. While the LL may well be open to the boundary being moved North, they will see it as a point of negotiation to gain something in return. The EoSFL accepting clubs from below undermines that position. Possibly forcing the LL to set its on boundaries to keep their hand.

8 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Its largely taken from this BBC article from June 2018 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44408030

President John Greenhorn was quoted as saying:

Moving into what is effectively the sixth tier of senior football gives the new members a potential pathway into the Scottish Professional Football League via the pyramid system.

West of Scotland junior clubs, who have dominated the Scottish Junior Cup in recent seasons, are watching with interest and Greenhorn expects there to be a similar move by some of the bigger outfits there.

"It could well happen in the west," he told BBC Scotland. "We know there is a demand in the west because we had calls from the west and also further north of the Tay.

"I don't think this is the end of the story. I think it may be the beginning."

Then since their clubs became part of the league, some posters may have heard some more specifics on that.

Livingston United applied for the EoS and were denied due to late application.

From FB:

Good Evening, Livingston Utd would like to announce that we applied with an application for season 2020-2021 in the East of Scotland Football League.

Unfortunately applications were due to be submitted by 31 March 2020 & due to our extraordinary meeting being cancelled, our application was submitted after this deadline.

Following our late application & appeal letter it has been confirmed that we have been declined entry for season 2020-2021, however, should a place become available then we shall consider entry.

We would like to thank the East of Scotland Football League for considering of our late application & look forward to further involvement in the Scottish Pyramid Football League.

Livingston Utd FC

Would Livingston have got in, if they had applied on time ? Am sure once this virus has gone/vaccine found, then some clubs will want to drop down or go out of business altogether - so possibly gaps will appear in some leagues. Most importantly I hope people and clubs manage to get through this somehow.

Just now, Andy groundhopper said:

Would Livingston have got in, if they had applied on time ? Am sure once this virus has gone/vaccine found, then some clubs will want to drop down or go out of business altogether - so possibly gaps will appear in some leagues. Most importantly I hope people and clubs manage to get through this somehow.

No reason why not.

I would guess they have turned them down after all the crying last year about Kinnoull.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Livingston United applied for the EoS and were denied due to late application.

From FB:

Maybe they should apply now for 2021/22?

If Bo'ness United move up to the Lowland League and Inverkeithing Hillside Swifts take their place then Livingston United could take that slot next season?