Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I really don't think that is the case. Kenny McLean will do the fixtures. Office duties will be passed to other people from within wosfl. Nothing about wrsfja will be involved

I have heard Kenny McLean will initially do it but will pass the torch on to Kennie Young. It's too big a job for one person to do EoS, LL and WoS. Again, reliably informed this is the plan.

By the way this is sounding: Kenny Mclean creates the fixture list, with Kennie Young kept in the loop how it was done. Then the season long management of it (cup runs, postponements) would be Kennie Young's responsibility since that kind of juggling becomes too much for one person to do. It still fits into the narrative of the LL handling some job roles in the first season.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The set of conditions are that senior clubs in the WoS can still retain SJFA membership despite no longer being part of a junior region, that there will be no replays for the SJC in future, and that WoS and SCC fixtures take priority over SJC ones and not vice versa meaning that the WoS/LL/EoS/SoS fixture secretary calls the tune on when SJC games can be scheduled. This has been posted about over and over again on here so it is frankly baffling that you could be oblivious to this.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here: it's profoundly obvious that there will need to be changes to the Junior Cup if it is realistic for WoSFL (or other non-junior) clubs to play in it. However, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the EoSFL/LL demanded the changes to be in place, as you seem to be implying. All they seem to have said is that they have no objection to clubs retaining membership of the SJFA, but their own competitions will take priority.

In a sense, the SJFA become similar to the Forfarshire FA, Fife FA or similar: organising their own competitions for their members, but outwith the main competitions and with no expectation that dates will be prioritised for them. I'm sure the fixture secretaries will assist as much as they can, but I can't see how it can be guaranteed.

Edited by Cyclizine

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here: it's profoundly obvious that there will need to be changes to the Junior Cup if it is realistic for WoSFL (or other non-junior) clubs to play in it. However, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the EoSFL/LL demanded the changes to be in place, as you seem to be implying. All they seem to have said is that they have no objection to clubs retaining membership of the SJFA, but their own competitions will take priority.

In a sense, the SJFA become similar to the Forfarshire FA, Fife FA or similar: organising their own competitions for their members, but outwith the main competitions and with no expectation that dates will be prioritised for them. I'm sure the fixture secretaries will assist as much as they can, but I can't see how it can be guaranteed.

All that was ever publicly said on it

"Clubs currently members of the Scottish Junior FA are fully entitled to retain membership and, if so, will be eligible to continue to play in The Scottish Junior Cup. The Competition Rules of that Cup will be altered to reflect the need to ensure League Fixtures have priority."

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here: it's profoundly obvious that there will need to be changes to the Junior Cup if it is realistic for WoSFL (or other non-junior) clubs to play in it...

And the SJFA members are now voting on those changes. Everything else is just people being argumentative for the sake of it at this point.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not too keen on anyone who was so hostile towards the wosl being allowed to take an active part, will he change fixtures to allow the junior cup to be played when it should be midweek only etc? Should be someone new and not previously involved in the wrsjfa.

In a club run league like the EoS, which the WoS is being structured to emulate, it will be up to the clubs to decide on most issues, but I think people are being very naive if they think the LL won't have nailed down a permanent veto over what the conditions are on the SJC in the same sort of way the EoS engineered a veto for themselves over the east region ever getting into the pyramid through how the playoff into the LL was structured. They are complete mugs, if they don't.

The WoS is being launched by the LL and is not a continuation of the west region in any, way shape or form, but it won't be long until the WoS clubs can vote all the same old officeholders back in, if they so choose, which is what Cmontheloknow is being told will happen with Kennie Young and Gordon Roney will no doubt also be angling for.

First he says there is no set of conditions then in the same sentence he proceeds to outline one of the conditions. No point trying to reason with him.
You know exactly what I mean, you're digging your own hole here again, never learn.

In a club run league like the EoS, which the WoS is being structured to emulate, it will be up to the clubs to decide on most issues, but I think people are being very naive if they think the LL won't have nailed down a permanent veto over what the conditions are on the SJC in the same sort of way the EoS engineered a veto for themselves over the east region ever getting into the pyramid through how the playoff into the LL was structured. They are complete mugs, if they don't.
The WoS is being launched by the LL and is not a continuation of the west region in any, way shape or form, but it won't be long until the WoS clubs can vote all the same old officeholders back in, if they so choose, which is what Cmontheloknow is being told will happen with Kennie Young and Gordon Roney will no doubt also be angling for.
There is no permanent veto over anything. The LL set-up the league, will help it along initially and then leave them to it.

League and SCC fixtures will be the priority along with the (senior) Scottish Cup. The LL, WoS, EoS and SoS will organise the SCC between them.

That's it.

First he says there is no permanent veto over anything then in the next paragraph he states the league, SCC and SC fixtures will definitely have priority which implies that the WoS can't unilaterally change that even after it has voted in its own office holders. No point trying to reason with him.

First he says there is no permanent veto over anything then in the next paragraph he states the league, SCC and SC fixtures will definitely have priority which implies that the WoS can't unilaterally change that even after it has voted in its own office holders. No point trying to reason with him.
Keep digging [emoji23][emoji85]

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And now a red dotting frenzy after I gave him a wee taste of his own medicine on that. Would hate to see what would happen if there was actually a genuine disagreement happening.

Genuinely laughed out loud at this. I red dotted you're last post as it was ridiculous, then you went on the frenzy and red dotted 3 or 4  of mine.  I actually do think you live in an alternative reality where you're right about absolutely everything and everyone else is wrong, illustrated by the last 2 hours of head in hands stuff where you're arguing with everyone, and of course they are all wrong.  You even put Fairweatherfan on ignore, one of the most reasonable posters on here, and told everyone about it.  You also reply to a post as if you're playing to a gallery rather then quoting and talking directly to the person posting it.  Weirdo.  Put me on the same ignore list as FWF.

Edited by Burnieman

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I don't think you know what a veto means.

...or the braindead senior vs junior thing is now so ingrained on here that people flail about desperately trying to find a way to pick a fight and start an argument when somebody they have mistakenly pigeonholed as being pro-junior posts an argument for why WoS clubs might opt to steer clear of the SJC at this point. Seriously bizarre stuff.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...or the braindead senior vs junior thing is now so ingrained on here that people flail about desperately trying to find a way to pick a fight and start an argument when somebody they have mistakenly pigeonholed as being pro-junior posts an argument for why WoS clubs might opt to steer clear of the SJC at this point. .

You say this but there was literally no-one arguing about this imaginary veto until you brought it up and started having a go at anyone who disagreed with you.

There is no veto. You're the one starting arguments.

You are right there are a number of posters who suddenly go down the "JUNIOR BAD" route no matter what folk from the juniors are saying but that is not what's happening here.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...or the braindead senior vs junior thing is now so ingrained on here that people flail about desperately trying to find a way to pick a fight and start an argument when somebody they have mistakenly pigeonholed as being pro-junior posts an argument for why WoS clubs might opt to steer clear of the SJC at this point. Seriously bizarre stuff.

There is no senior v junior thing.

The problem you have is what you think, and what you have been arguing for recently, is wrong. This is all people are trying to point out to you.

To get back on topic a little.  I don't mind the possible news that Kennie Young will be helping out with the fixtures next year in the WoSFL. Unlike in the West Region, the Fixture Secretary isn't just a post created out of thin air to keep someone in a blazer. And isn't exactly a role that comes with much political clout. Kennie and Hibeejibee tend to be to of the most reasonable posters on P&B tend to keep things to the facts as much as possible. Doing their best to steer clear of the general nonsense that can see the rest of us go round in circles having the same conversations.

One of the things that the EoSFL/LL tend to do different is carry out their cup draws at their AGMs. So the first and second rounds are known long before fixture list is announced. Hopefully this is something that the WoSFL will do for its cup competition(s), and will already have done for them in the SCC.

That's one of the key differences with the Junior Cup. Looking at it the First and Second Round draws aren't done until August or once the season has already been started. So you can't plan out things for the original fixture list. It falls more in line with the Southern Counties Cup in that respect.

image.png.405a201b61d8126639a5950e039966fe.png

So I imagine the Junior Cup might fall into a similar position. Where league fixtures are provided on specified dates. It would then be up to the clubs involved to either ask a league opponent to move the fixture (which can be done with agreement on both sides and enough notice), or for the Junior Cup participant to move the cup tie to somewhere else in the calendar.