Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Where is that clear? You find it interesting who will enter both SCC and SJC. You then compare the SJC to the SCC. You never once suggest its a choice between the SJC v." Alex Jack".

Don't have time for this constant petty argumentative time-wasting. You are now on ignore.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

For starters I don't foresee an "Alex Jack type cup" in the WoSFL next season. But if there was, it wouldn't be a matter of choosing between that and the SJC. Teams would be free to enter both if they so choose.

There are only so many available fixture dates so that seems farfetched to me. We'll see what happens. If clubs are not playing in the SJC there will be a certain number of empty Saturdays if another cup is not arranged. It's common sense that niche will be filled with something.

50 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Suppose the alternative for Ronney and the West Region would be to lose some clubs to a small WOSFL and eventually die a death like the east. He can at least say he kept everyone together and got clubs into the pyramid like they wanted - if the Junior Cup vote fails, he can blame the other two regions and/or the four clubs named above for leaving.

Also in today's Sunday Mail, we have TJ sycophant Gordon Parks. 🤢

"his excellence as a firefighting administrator isn't given the appreciation it merits" - if TJ was a firefighter he'd be the one ignoring the alarms at the fire station...

IMG_20200426_124358.jpg

Well, f**k me sideways, just when you think these people can't get any thicker, along comes this -

"Another nonsense move in a pyramid system which deludes would-be Gretnas to reach for the stars."

- which unless I'm mistaken translates as "aspiration bad, progression bad, it's no fir the likes o' us" etc.

1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

So that's no West clubs in the Junior Cup whenever its next played;)

Well that's another problem for the Junior Cup. In a normal season where dates are set then it could probably fit in, but if next season is delayed then it's having to fit in around WOS and SCC fixtures which take priority may be rescheduled.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:
20 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:
That is a question for the east and north teams to answer. It is not a decision for the west teams to take anymore.

The West teams have been sent voting papers.

Then I send you my apologies sir. But I don't think they should have been sent voting papers.

26 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Then I send you my apologies sir. But I don't think they should have been sent voting papers.

West teams can retain their junior status and compete in a watered down junior cup (no replays) as their league fixtures will take precedence over the cup. The remaining junior teams never got a say in this even though it's  our national trophy.

West teams can retain their junior status and compete in a watered down junior cup (no replays) as their league fixtures will take precedence over the cup. The remaining junior teams never got a say in this even though it's  our national trophy.
Yes they did, the voting papers went to all current junior clubs in Scotland.

In the Sunday Mail today. 4 West Of Scotland League teams have declared they won’t be entering the Junior Cup our Association so to concentrate on the new set up. Clydebank Kilwinning  Cambuslang and Darvel. Could this see a flood of more teams and the end of the trophy? 

In the Sunday Mail today. 4 West Of Scotland League teams have declared they won’t be entering the Junior Cup our Association so to concentrate on the new set up. Clydebank Kilwinning  Cambuslang and Darvel. Could this see a flood of more teams and the end of the trophy? 
I certainly think those four teams are not the only ones who won't be entering the SJC. They are only the ones which the Sunday Mail quoted.

Well, f**k me sideways, just when you think these people can't get any thicker, along comes this -
"Another nonsense move in a pyramid system which deludes would-be Gretnas to reach for the stars."
- which unless I'm mistaken translates as "aspiration bad, progression bad, it's no fir the likes o' us" etc.

Gordon Parks is genuinely one of the biggest throbbers in the scottish sports media, which considering the contenders is saying something. Tom Johnstone’s nice to journalists on jollies so dont blame him for anything bad. Ffs.

When quite a few clubs don't have an interest ,or are unable to squeeze the junior cup into a schedule - could the clubs below (amateurs ?) move up to keep the cup going,maybe in name only. OR is it time to just let the junior cup go,or be renamed ? Trying to find a way to keep a famous cup going somehow.

The big problem for any ex-junior WoS club comittee thinking of steering clear of the SJC was how to explain to a managerial team and a dressing room full of players that they won't be playing any games on certain Saturdays early in the season because the club didn't enter what until very recently was by far the most prestigious cup in Scottish nonleague circles. Awkward doesn't even begin to describe what that conversation could be like.

The Sunday Mail article makes it clear that the numbers should be there now for non-SJC participants to put together a viable alternative cup to fill up those Saturdays, so that should make it a lot easier for more WoS clubs, who understand that the SCC is now going to be much stronger than the SJC in competitive terms, to decide to steer clear and avoid a long trek to somewhere like Forres to play in front of the proverbial two men and a dug.

19 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

When quite a few clubs don't have an interest ,or are unable to squeeze the junior cup into a schedule - could the clubs below (amateurs ?) move up to keep the cup going,maybe in name only. OR is it time to just let the junior cup go,or be renamed ? Trying to find a way to keep a famous cup going somehow.

The cup will continue. With or without the west teams. I would also say that even if there are a few west teams who decide against entering the SJC there will be plenty of east and north teams who vote yes to the westies staying in. There is no agenda over here. It matters not a jot to us. Personally, I would like you to remain part of the SJC but as I said before I'm not sure why you'd want to.

How do you know the WoS will leave early season Saturdays empty? Especially as things stand with a late start likely they will be desperate to use any Saturday they can.  

I really think your over estimating that players will be as misty eyed over the cup as you are.  There’s a good number who won’t have entered a junior ground or named more than a handful of clubs 10 minutes before signing their first deal at this level.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Because it is blindingly obvious commonsense that SJC fixtures like Auchinleck Talbot vs Buchanhaven Hearts are not going to be played on a weeknight.

Auchinleck look to have league fixtures, Scottish Cup, SCC and WOS Cup games next year. Even if that was a normal year. Then it would be the same again if they were still in the WOSFL after licensed.

Not the best example to use.