Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

What cup competitions will the future WoSL clubs be involved in?

• SFA Scottish Cup for those SFA members or Qualifiers
  • South Region Challenge Cup
  • WoSFL Cup of some sort for all members
  • SJFA Scottish Cup for those members of the SJFA

Beyond that I don't think anything has been decided.

What cup competitions will the future WoSL clubs be involved in?
The SFA South Region Challenge Cup and possibly a West of Scotland League Cup.

If they want to they can enter the Scottish Junior Cup as well, but that's optional.

33 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Lewis & Harris does exist, although I accept that it is currently a 'quasi' representative (winter) football team, which has performed well in some of the NCL cup competitions during the last 5 or 6 seasons. 

If you are saying that none of its players (presumably including yourself ?) would want to participate in highland football , even if there was sufficient sponsorship to provide air travel, (rather than relying on the ferry) then I stand corrected........with apologies.   

Are you speaking for Shetland FC as well ?

Plenty would want to. I have already explained why it's more than a money issue.

Presumably you are talking about chartering flights too given that the Saturday flight from Stornoway to Inverness lands at 1230 and doesn't return until 1630 on The Sabbath.

On 07/04/2020 at 21:18, RossBFaeDundee said:

That guy's whole twitter page is pretty minterific upon inspection.

What are the chances the remaining 4 sides make announcements tonight? If they have applied even then they're not particularly active on social media.

They're still at it. Well, I must assume so as they've locked their account after two bad polls for them...

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:
  • SFA Scottish Cup for those SFA members or Qualifiers
  • South Region Challenge Cup
  • WoSFL Cup of some sort for all members
  • SJFA Scottish Cup for those members of the SJFA

Beyond that I don't think anything has been decided.

I notice the only crowds above a 100 come in that South Challenge Cup come from ex Junior teams. The West Region teams arriving must be a massive bonus.

Lewis & Harris does exist, although I accept that it is currently a 'quasi' representative (winter) football team, which has performed well in some of the NCL cup competitions during the last 5 or 6 seasons. 
If you are saying that none of its players (presumably including yourself ?) would want to participate in highland football , even if there was sufficient sponsorship to provide air travel, (rather than relying on the ferry) then I stand corrected........with apologies.   
Are you speaking for Shetland FC as well ?

The problem is, as has been very well put by Cyclizine, you would appear to pass your own opinion off as established fact in many of your posts. Currently it is you that purport to be speaking for others - “Both the Western Isles and the Shetlands would relish the idea of playing in the North Caley League” - not anyone else. The way you word this absolutely rings as if you are speaking on their behalf. If that wasn’t your intention then, as has also been said, you really need to change your writing style.

There really is no need to highlight in bold and in italics so much of what you write either, it makes you seem like you feel we’re not smart enough to understand your point if you don’t - but maybe that’s just me.

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Robert, please don't take this personally. You are a vocal advocate of an inclusive and integrated pyramid. However you do have a tendency of pushing your personal opinions as fact, particularly in respect to football in the North of the country.

You claim to have insider knowledge of the running of the game in the North that several of us who are based up here with personal involvement in the game have not heard. For example, those statements regarding how what you describe as clubs, but are really the amateur select teams, would "relish" mainland competition are entirely untrue. It's not helped by the fact that you appear to be unaware of basic facts about facilities and structures, like the names of grounds, where clubs play or even what season the women's team play!

Recall, I pulled you up for this before and we had a fairly brusque exchange of views. I urge you to dial the hyperbole down, read the fora before asking extended questions that have usually been answered already and stop posting your unsubstantiated opinions as Gospel! By all means post your thoughts, but make it clear that is what they are. You might then find that folk are less critical of you and your posting style.

Fair comment about the word "relish", and I have already apologised for making an assumption, rather than stating a fact. Holidaying in the Western Isles, does NOT make me an expert on your local clubs. I am however, familiar with the  Channel Islands clubs, and now the Isle of Man's situation regarding the English pyramid, and (I believe I was) the first to raise it more publicly......in the hope that it might lead to some interest and some external funding for the Western Isles. Clearly, it hasn't.

Like yourself and other highland P&B posters, I do have contacts whom I consider reliable, and I have been very early into confirming such issues as pyramid discussions in the north, and  new clubs in the NCL, which were subsequently the subject of media news articles . If you care to look back over the "Expansion of the NCL"  forum,  which I started, you will see that I was correct about both issues, before others had raised it .

I was even criticised for my post confirming that  (my own club) Glasgow Uni had submitted an application to join the WoSL, a couple of days before the official announcement from GUFC. This had been agreed with the University, before I posted the information. 

Last year, I was the first to state on here, that in my opinion the Lowland League would be open to litigation, if it prevented Bonnyrigg Rose from being promoted, on the basis that by backdating the new licensing rule about floodlighting, was arguably unlawful,  if the club challenged the LL's initial decision, the league would probably lose (and why). The club's promotion was confirmed soon after my post.

And yes, I have asked "extended questions" on occasions, if I am not well informed about a particular topic (a typical ex-graduate). Sometimes I receive very helpful replies (thank you), whilst at other times, I get criticised for daring to ask. 

Surely this is better than exchanging repetitive/boring arguments, and insults, which we have heard from dozens of posts before ?  I am entitled to put my opinions on P&B, but in general , I do not promote rumours, as facts, unless I say they are "rumours", or are IMO only. 

No doubt, I will get criticised for this post from the usual sources.........posts too long, don't understand it, ignore him, etc........   but I'm sure I will survive.

Edited by Robert James
typo error

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Plenty would want to. I have already explained why it's more than a money issue.

Presumably you are talking about chartering flights too given that the Saturday flight from Stornoway to Inverness lands at 1230 and doesn't return until 1630 on The Sabbath.

Chartered flights would be the only way, negotiated as a season's contract. This would need significant sponsorship from a wealthy  benefactor, and SFA recognition that it should provide some ongoing funding for football clubs in the islands.  As I said, sadly I can't see it happening in the near future, if at all. 

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Fair comment...

[rambling prose]

....  but I'm sure I will survive.

You're really not helping yourself here, Robert. It's not a game of one-upmanship. I'm obviously not the only person who takes issue with your posting style. Perhaps a learning point here?

4 hours ago, Born To Run said:

1519653443_SLFLCrowds.jpg.fc00f3db9afecd4327c3cea6d6b0107f.jpg

Plenty sides there...

Not in this year's South of Scotland Challenge cup ties there ain't.

Only SSC cup ties with any crowd are those with an ex Junior team playing. The West Juniors coming in will revolutionise this almost unknown cup competition.